Debate: Should base SRB2 have Discord RPC support?

Julia

A fan of this cool game since the PSP days.
Alright, so this is something I've wanted to see what people would think about.

Should vanilla SRB2 support Discord Rich Presence? (also known as Discord RPC)

In my opinion, I think it could benefit a ton of players. Especially considering Kart's implementation of Discord Rich Presence is pretty damn good. I think SRB2 should have Discord RPC so sending players to your private server is just a LITTLE less annoying. What do you all think?

I dont have discord but sounds nice alright i was just passing by bye:

Attachments

• HeatmeterNoise_walk.gif
    HeatmeterNoise_walk.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 156
I think it'd be a cute addition, especially if it were like Kart being able to show a preview of you character and stage! It'd also be kinda neat if it showed small details like score and lives and the like... but that's just me liking the overly specific stuff. I have a RPC mod for Fallout New Vegas that tracks basically everything in game which is cool... but SRB2 doesn't need to go that far, haha~

Would be nice, however the merge that was in the works was closed recently due no interest

In my opinion, I think it could benefit a ton of players. Especially considering Kart's implementation of Discord Rich Presence is pretty damn good. I think SRB2 should have Discord RPC so sending players to your private server is just a LITTLE less annoying. What do you all think?
WE NEED IT
If you ask me, it should have been there from the start.
It should also support discord invites, since sometimes the MS goes down and it's hard to play netgames with people after that.

If you mean the things like the mini inventions like kart have yes. As a host it's SUPER annoying to give people files, especially if maxsend max doesn't work and/or the file is too large to send in discord meaning you must use Mediafire, etc. I hope this gets added in soon because even though I barely host now it still drives me insane because some of my admins add crap without my permission.

Yeah. I suggested it before and I think they ignored it.

We need RPC in the base game urgently. Also, I got here by searching "SRB2 Discord RPC" on DuckDuckGo.

YES (Cause i cant port forward)
Even for discord invites, I don't think they work if the host hasn't port forwarded, as a friend who sent a SRB2Kart invite to their server who hadn't port forwarded couldn't get anybody in, as the game would just open but wouldn't put you in the server.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back