• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Klasky's SRB2 Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, didn't post anything related to my projects on the MB since a while. Time to change that.
To let you know, progress has been going slow on the projects recently, due to not really having motivation to work. But don't worry, they are not cancelled! Here's what has been done recently:
- I gave Seaside Palace a skybox, finally.
srb26687.png

The skybox is actually GFZ's, but modified. You can also see that Horizon Effect is being used for the water. Not only that, but I've put Half Light blocks underwater, so that it looks prettier! However, the Horizon Effect in this map won't display properly in OpenGL (unless opaque water is used, but it's less prettier), but hopefully that will be fixed in a future update (like 2.2.10 or something). I have reported this on GitLab to the devs. And, you can see that I have uploaded a gif about a Heroes-like title screen in SRB2, made by ffoxD! Yes, the character artwork in the title screen WILL be replaced, and one of the members of the SRB2 Heroes dev team (BlueBlur.. yes, THAT BlueBlur) has made the Sonic artwork! However, this is now ditched and won't be seen ingame. The other artworks seen in the title screen are already sketched out, and the CSS (Character Select art) for the teams are ALSO sketched out.. except Omega. Soap allowed BlueBlur to do the linework for it. Here's how does the title screen look currently:
srb21472.gif

Now, I'll talk a bit about future plans. I have Inazuma in the dev team currently as a spriter, and he has shared ideas for the port: extended stages, which would allow for 2.2 mechanics in the stages + dividing stages in half (looking at you, Egg Fortress) and extending the splits, enemy health. more Heroes mechanics, proper formations, the Egg Hawk, all the teams having different abilities and better textures. Those will be in the port. This means that the port will take longer to be finished, but at the same time, it will be even more better than if the original goal wasn't changed! (yes, I know that I already said some of the goals in an older post.. whatever :knuxsmug:)
- For Cutedy, he's on hold, currently. I want to focus more on Heroes. However, if I finish the maps for the port, then I may work on Cutedy again. Some time ago, I redrew the standing sprite shown in the screenshot and I've made 2 more, but the third one is still unfinished. Take a look!
medved1.png
medved2.png
unfinishedmedved3.png

- Not much about the hangout maps, except I've decided that they will be in a compilation and it will be released to the MB, under the name "CutedyHangouts". That's all for today's progress report.

Last edited:
(no slopes, FOF slopes are pain and I would rather go for consistency)​
yeah sure man
srb21487.gif

So, I've managed to put a FOF slope in Egg Fortress. It wasn't that hard. I (mostly) knew how to put a FOF slope in already, but I didn't set it up correctly, so I had to look at Sev's video again. And I did it! But the slope didn't go low enough. I managed to get around that problem, too. I think I solved it by raising the ceiling of the triangle-shaped control sector, and then raising the slope in the Visual Mode. I had 2 more problems:
1. I didn't raise the FOF below the slope. I did, though, but I had to change the texture of the FOF's ceiling, too. Didn't succeed at first, but I did, eventually.
2. There was a ceiling under the slope, which displayed on the flat ground at the bottom of the slope. All I had to do is changing that ceiling's texture to F_SKY1, and it was fixed!
Now, I feel like putting slopes in the maps. This means that the port WILL have slopes! Finally.

Attachments

• srb21487.gif
    srb21487.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 175
Another SRB2 Heroes progress report! Here we go:
- ALMOST all stages are now playable from start to finish.. except Mystic Castle. I did this in a few days, because I was planning to release a beta on my birthday (November 18th). However, there still were a few stuff to do, and I ran into a node error. There were invisible walls out of nowhere! Othius fixed it for me and also converted the mod into a .pk3 and taught me about.. opening maps in Zone Builder.. from a .pk3!
- Did more FOF slopes on Egg Fortress
- Added the Sonic Heroes fade in! (credit goes to SuperPhanto for it)
- Mystic Castle is now darker! While there is a screenshot of the opening area being darker, the other areas weren't. Thanks to the Find and Replace thingy, all areas are now darker
- Fixed the red thok barriers. I don't remember if it's all of them or some of them... Whatever
- Egg Fortress' ceilings are now a bit more darker
- The map is also now somewhat split. By this, I mean that there is already a seperate map for Final Fortress, but the Egg Fleet sections are not removed yet
- I've been experimenting with colormapping Final Fortress. At the end, I've decided that it stays colormapped... now with a custom palette! Take a look:
srb27161.png

The palette you see here is AurumPal, by AurumMighty. It looked very nice with this map and it gave out a better result, so I decided to give Final Fortress it. Credit goes to AurumMighty for the palette!
And this is all.

This is really awesome! It would be cool if some of the Heroes' bosses were here but other than that, awesome job!

Hi, time to post in this thread again. This time, I have a bad new....
The SRB2 Cutedy mod is now probably cancelled. All I'm gonna say about the reason is that it's because of IRL stuff.
I also have a new related to SRB2 Heroes. I didn't work on it since a bit, but Mystic Castle can now be completed without noclip! I didn't move the player spawn from the final section yet, though. I also was trying to put FOF slopes in Sea Gate, and.. erm, it didn't go that well. But I will try again later. That's all for today's progress report.

Im glad progress has somewhat started once again
Yeah.
And I'm here again. Okay... well, then I'll do a bit of a progress report. Progress was indeed started again. I have been doing... smaller things recently. I was finishing the SOC (MAINCFG), tweaking lighting, removing an emblem in Sea Gate, etc. Here are a few screenshots!
Once the tweaking's done and other small stuff, then I will start to hire developers. After I post the hiring post (which after then the hiring will start), I'll continue the revamping of Sea Gate.
That's a nice logo! 👍
Post automatically merged:

z

Attachments

• srb2win 2022-05-28 11-39-37.png
    srb2win 2022-05-28 11-39-37.png
    718.9 KB · Views: 179
  • srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 12-23-48.png
    srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 12-23-48.png
    582.5 KB · Views: 145
  • srb2win 2022-05-28 14-20-23.png
    srb2win 2022-05-28 14-20-23.png
    1 MB · Views: 136
  • srb2win 2022-05-28 13-24-07.png
    srb2win 2022-05-28 13-24-07.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
  • srb2win 2022-05-28 12-32-21.png
    srb2win 2022-05-28 12-32-21.png
    459.5 KB · Views: 144
  • srb2win 2022-05-28 12-32-01.png
    srb2win 2022-05-28 12-32-01.png
    785.3 KB · Views: 126
  • srb2win 2022-05-28 12-31-46.png
    srb2win 2022-05-28 12-31-46.png
    537.7 KB · Views: 122
  • srb2win 2022-05-28 12-31-37.png
    srb2win 2022-05-28 12-31-37.png
    479 KB · Views: 113
  • srb2win 2022-05-28 12-01-58.png
    srb2win 2022-05-28 12-01-58.png
    607.2 KB · Views: 119
  • srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 13-35-50.png
    srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 13-35-50.png
    421.8 KB · Views: 120
  • srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 13-36-01.png
    srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 13-36-01.png
    548 KB · Views: 121
  • srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 13-36-32.png
    srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 13-36-32.png
    462.5 KB · Views: 108
  • srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 13-37-17.png
    srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 13-37-17.png
    347.5 KB · Views: 109
  • srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 13-37-44.png
    srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 13-37-44.png
    801.9 KB · Views: 152
  • srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 12-20-31.png
    srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 12-20-31.png
    735.9 KB · Views: 118
  • srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 12-20-39.png
    srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 12-20-39.png
    473.9 KB · Views: 105
  • srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 12-20-45.png
    srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 12-20-45.png
    438.1 KB · Views: 121
  • srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 12-21-26.png
    srb2win_ogl-palette-rendering-4 2022-06-04 12-21-26.png
    426.7 KB · Views: 164
Is this still being worked on? The original Sonic Heroes level pack was pretty cool, but the port sucked. This is technically a port, too, but it's also a remake, adding slopes and skyboxes to each stage, while preserving the pack in its original form. Hopefully the pack is finished soon, it looks so good to play so far!

Coding is on hiatus IIRC, and the other stuff... I just didn't feel interest in working on the project. Not a lot of stuff is left for the developer-hiring build, but I'd rather work in UDMF. Problem is, UDMF is not fully supported in the current released version of SRB2, and it will only be in the next one, 2.2.11. Though, there's a 2.2.10 UDMF build, so theoritically, I could finish the non-UDMF developer-hiring build of Heroes, and then copy Sea Gate to a seperate .WAD file, convert it to UDMF and finish it in UDB. But idk.

Hi. It's been a while since the last update of Heroes, so... it's time to make one!
So, I have lost interest in the project and the game. I already was like that a bit sometimes during this year, but... now it's actually lost. I stopped working on the project since August. No, this doesn't mean that it's cancelled. I decided to give the project to delf, the coder of the project. I've also sent my build of the port to him, so the project will continue being worked on that probably. I will release a minor update to one of my SRB2 projects, and with that, I'm finished with modding this, and maybe the game too. I may also leave the community (the SRB2 OS/CS) soon too, as I think it's kinda pointless staying there like this. It has been nice working on this project. I wish luck to the devs (and the future ones too) of the project! I thank the devs for their work, and y'all for supporting the project. Goodbye.

- klasky
(sorry for announcing this here just today, i couldn't announce it yesterday in time)

Hi. It's been a while since the last update of Heroes, so... it's time to make one!
So, I have lost interest in the project and the game. I already was like that a bit sometimes during this year, but... now it's actually lost. I stopped working on the project since August. No, this doesn't mean that it's cancelled. I decided to give the project to delf, the coder of the project. I've also sent my build of the port to him, so the project will continue being worked on that probably. I will release a minor update to one of my SRB2 projects, and with that, I'm finished with modding this, and maybe the game too. I may also leave the community (the SRB2 OS/CS) soon too, as I think it's kinda pointless staying there like this. It has been nice working on this project. I wish luck to the devs (and the future ones too) of the project! I thank the devs for their work, and y'all for supporting the project. Goodbye.

- klasky
(sorry for announcing this here just today, i couldn't announce it yesterday in time)
Well, here's to hoping a better future for you. It might be sad seeing you leave, but I'm just happy to know that you'll have the time to do different things as such. Thank you for the stuff that was shown for the project, and I'm hoping to see what delf is going to do with the SRB2 Heroes Port and other things that were projected. Thank you klasky.

- Vincent

Hm, didn't post anything related to my projects on the MB since a while. Time to change that.
To let you know, progress has been going slow on the projects recently, due to not really having motivation to work. But don't worry, they are not cancelled! Here's what has been done recently:
- I gave Seaside Palace a skybox, finally.
View attachment 56154
The skybox is actually GFZ's, but modified. You can also see that Horizon Effect is being used for the water. Not only that, but I've put Half Light blocks underwater, so that it looks prettier! However, the Horizon Effect in this map won't display properly in OpenGL (unless opaque water is used, but it's less prettier), but hopefully that will be fixed in a future update (like 2.2.10 or something). I have reported this on GitLab to the devs. And, you can see that I have uploaded a gif about a Heroes-like title screen in SRB2, made by ffoxD! Yes, the character artwork in the title screen WILL be replaced, and one of the members of the SRB2 Heroes dev team (BlueBlur.. yes, THAT BlueBlur) has made the Sonic artwork! However, this is now ditched and won't be seen ingame. The other artworks seen in the title screen are already sketched out, and the CSS (Character Select art) for the teams are ALSO sketched out.. except Omega. Soap allowed BlueBlur to do the linework for it. Here's how does the title screen look currently:
View attachment 56155
Now, I'll talk a bit about future plans. I have Inazuma in the dev team currently as a spriter, and he has shared ideas for the port: extended stages, which would allow for 2.2 mechanics in the stages + dividing stages in half (looking at you, Egg Fortress) and extending the splits, enemy health. more Heroes mechanics, proper formations, the Egg Hawk, all the teams having different abilities and better textures. Those will be in the port. This means that the port will take longer to be finished, but at the same time, it will be even more better than if the original goal wasn't changed! (yes, I know that I already said some of the goals in an older post.. whatever :knuxsmug:)
- For Cutedy, he's on hold, currently. I want to focus more on Heroes. However, if I finish the maps for the port, then I may work on Cutedy again. Some time ago, I redrew the standing sprite shown in the screenshot and I've made 2 more, but the third one is still unfinished. Take a look!
View attachment 56152View attachment 56153View attachment 56156
- Not much about the hangout maps, except I've decided that they will be in a compilation and it will be released to the MB, under the name "CutedyHangouts". That's all for today's progress report.
YYYESSS!!!!!!

Hi, I also do modding stuff. Currently, I have 3 SRB2 projects: a port of SRB2 Heroes, Cutedy the Bear in SRB2 and CutedyHangouts (Cutedy's House and Peach's Castle). However, all of them EXCEPT SRB2 Heroes is on hold. Sometimes, I will show off progress of them in this thread. I'll start with SRB2 Heroes first.​
Me, ffoxD, Inazuma and BlueBlur are working on a port of SRB2 Heroes! This port will enhance the visuals. For example: giving colormap to water, reducing the brightness of some of the sectors (like in Mystic Castle), adding slopes, etc. Level design will be improved (specifically, the spikeballs being replaced). Yes, there are still teams, which are being ported by ffoxD! Some of the characters' sprites will be updated to match their updated counterparts, like Shadow and Espio. Others that don't have a 2.2 counterpart that doesn't have updated sprites will look like as they did in the original mod, until someone makes updated sprites for them. Stages will be extended and a custom boss will be in + actual formations and more Heroes mechanics!
You know Cutedy Cutefazbear? That one Sonic-like bear with a black top hat, gloves, blue eyes and Sonic shoes? The one from Five Nights at Cutedy's or Cutedy's Adventure? Or from those Scratch projects? No? Okay. Well, he.. was being developed for SRB2 now.. for the 3rd time! However, his design is NOT the FNAF-Sonic one, it's a different one. See this post for more information about the add-on.
2021/12/11 EDIT: The SRB2 Cutedy addon is now cancelled, due to IRL stuff.
Cutedy's House... well, it's a hangout map, as I've said above. It will contain a garden and I want to make the map like so that there will be some stuff to do there. Like, a disco room, a stage, an inside pool, arcade cabinets that "can teleport you into games", etc. It's currently on hold, due to SRB2 Heroes.
Now, here are some screenshots/gifs of Heroes and Cutedy's House!
(for the team showcasing gifs, note that they are in a seperate SRB2 Heroes file, as they aren't merged with the modified maps yet)
HOORAY!!! LET US REJOICE!!!!

So since delf is working on the SRB2 Heroes project now, can we download it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back