• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Chili Dog (TerminalMontage Sonic) ***SORT OF ON HIATUS***

Alright, let's get a couple things straight.
1. I have very much enjoyed working on this mod. However, there isn't enough progress at the moment for me to release an unfinished build (nor would I want to do that)
2. I have a life. I'm moving off to college next week and I won't have the time to work on this mod as much as I did before. I'll instead be using that time to study and socialize. If progress is made, I'll definitely show it off, but it's not my main priority
3. Please don't attempt to copy my work. I know this is a highly anticipated mod and all, but copying it and doing things how you think I wanted to do it isn't going to make him a fully realized character. There's a specific roadmap I have for Chili Dog and that doesn't involve filling it with memes like most people think it'll be.

Again, this doesn't mean the mod is cancelled; I just won't have the time to work on it

1. I have very much enjoyed working on this mod. However, there isn't enough progress at the moment for me to release an unfinished build (nor would I want to do that)
2. I have a life. I'm moving off to college next week and I won't have the time to work on this mod as much as I did before. I'll instead be using that time to study and socialize. If progress is made, I'll definitely show it off, but it's not my main priority
3. Please don't attempt to copy my work. I know this is a highly anticipated mod and all, but copying it and doing things how you think I wanted to do it isn't going to make him a fully realized character. There's a specific roadmap I have for Chili Dog and that doesn't involve filling it with memes like most people think it'll be.

Again, this doesn't mean the mod is cancelled; I just won't have the time to work on it
ok when you finish college i think your gonna be tired or your gonna be energetic enough so you can complete the boi

Understandable, I respect that you want to make a character that is kind of jokey not just a joke character, but something that is fun to play it's own right, the joke extending to the fact it's a playable chili dogs, meme characters can end being pretty shallow once the joke wears thin, and with nothing to really call it's own why use it again? I like to think The Derp is probably one of the best meme characters, because the meme aspect is more of side part of him that you can even turn off, without a lot of those memes he is still fun character to just play.

Also after looking through the Terminalmontage animation a few times and this addon I have move concept that might be neat, Instant-Dash, Think of it like pikachu's up B in smash, you can zip side to side instantly, and I think it could have a good flow with the character, allowing for sharps turns potentially and maybe make it based on how much speed you have, so you can only do it once at a stand still but at max speed you could chain three in succession, and using them all in the air could drastically lower speed punishing spammy usage of it, would be better to use it for landing on platform while keeping your speed. I don't know how well it will actually work in game, but the concept came to mind to make it so if you are skilled enough you can reach high speeds and if you master it you can platform at those high speeds, making speed platforming fun instead of making it so they skip all the platforms.
I don't know if you still take suggestions but hopefully if not just throwing out the concept shows my support for this addon whenever it can be released, also you seem to be helping with a few addons I see I hope you don't burn yourself out, best of luck to and your friends!

Understandable, I respect that you want to make a character that is kind of jokey not just a joke character, but something that is fun to play it's own right, the joke extending to the fact it's a playable chili dogs, meme characters can end being pretty shallow once the joke wears thin, and with nothing to really call it's own why use it again? I like to think The Derp is probably one of the best meme characters, because the meme aspect is more of side part of him that you can even turn off, without a lot of those memes he is still fun character to just play.

Also after looking through the Terminalmontage animation a few times and this addon I have move concept that might be neat, Instant-Dash, Think of it like pikachu's up B in smash, you can zip side to side instantly, and I think it could have a good flow with the character, allowing for sharps turns potentially and maybe make it based on how much speed you have, so you can only do it once at a stand still but at max speed you could chain three in succession, and using them all in the air could drastically lower speed punishing spammy usage of it, would be better to use it for landing on platform while keeping your speed. I don't know how well it will actually work in game, but the concept came to mind to make it so if you are skilled enough you can reach high speeds and if you master it you can platform at those high speeds, making speed platforming fun instead of making it so they skip all the platforms.
I don't know if you still take suggestions but hopefully if not just throwing out the concept shows my support for this addon whenever it can be released, also you seem to be helping with a few addons I see I hope you don't burn yourself out, best of luck to and your friends!
Thanks for the concept, but I actually do have a design doc for him so that the coders know what I want. Although, that concept does sound fun. I might want to save that for a future character Melee Fox possibly.

But yeah, my plan with the character and all future TM characters was to show that they aren’t one note meme characters. They’re just an extension of their source material and go through their own troubles separate from the real ones

I uhhh, i made a prototype of this move?

Attachments

• srb20045.gif
    srb20045.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 196
If you are sure you are unable to work on this project right now, then I will lock the topic for you. When you are able to continue your work and wish to post updates on the mod's progress, then you may contact a moderator for them to unlock it for you, or create a new topic to post progress.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back