Cacee "Kiwi" Cactus!

Cacee "Kiwi" Cactus is here from Mirage Saloon Zone! She used to be a bandito, but she's given up her days of crime... mostly.

ce1c3SZ.png

sGRr6oR.gif

Cacee is a cute lil cactus rabbit made by yours truly, she might look cute but she packs a mean punch, she's also the first proper character I've released since my return to SRB2, padoru excluded of course.

She's a pretty small (and I do mean small) and agile fighter, but she's a nospin so watch out when you jump.

*Spike Rush*
Now before I did say she packs a mean punch, infact she packs several, if it doesn't break the first time, punch it again.
Zq0Y0jm.gif

You can also use this to break bustables too.

*Rising Upper*
8G1ZiFL.gif

This is Cacee's jump ability, jump a second time to punch high into the air, your horizontal movement is cut a bit durring the cast though.
Another key thing this ability has is that it can drag enemies up into the air, allowing you to combo enemies if you wish

ESfDiV0.gif

Comboing this with Spike rush allows you to grant yourself another rising upper mid air, so you can reach some pretty high spaces provided you have a tanky enough enemy, or enough of them to drag with you.

*Spike proof and fire retardent*
JAj1Vac.gif

Due to her thorny nature, cacee is completely impervious to spikes, spike pits, spike walls, just not spike balls.
if it's passive she's most likely immune to it, if it's an attack or a general hazzard, they hurt her, it should be obvious what does and doesn't hurt her, if you can walk on it, you're fine, if not, it's probably going to hurt.
cS6RoAc.gif

Also making contact with enemies also hurts them, but... it also hurts you, so you still need to be careful.

fn1DPjq.gif

And, here's your fun fact of the day, because Cacti hold so much water in their body, they're one of the most fire retardent plants you can find, I mean they live in a desert, that place is hot as heck.
I'm not saying she's immune to fire though, a cactus must under go routine watering and nuture to retain their fire retardent properties, she can only survive one hit from a fire source once, you're gonna have to wait to cool down before you can tank another, or find a water source to cool off in.

WPZmzam.gif

*Tutorial Map*
PIbdgJa.png

Not many characters are easy to pick up right away, I decided to include a tutorial map with my character, Cacee will walk you through some simple mechanics to help you learn how to play her properly, and at the end, if you so wish it, is a small challenge course designed for Cacee herself, you can access this map by loading the tutorial from the main menu.

Kml4I1a.png

And... well, that's it, really, simplicity is the best for some characters, although that's not to say she doesn't have her fair share of secrets.

She does have compatability with some other mods though, such as
Xmomentum, Battlemod (lite support), Milne & Kirby, bet you can't guess what Kirby gets, hrm?

**Changelog**

The new commands added in should help you with your runs of cacee, or for those using a controller

caceehoming - toggles on and off Cacee's homing with her punches, always off by default in battlemod modes
caceecamera - lets you toggle between aiming via camera or aiming via direction input

*Credits*
Spritework: Me! I really love my Cactus girl, I hope you like her too
Coding: SMS Alfredo, thank you very much for offering before I even asked, and for doing a superb job too
CSS Text: Starlight and Steph, I am very bad with my words, so thanks for helping me English
Beta testers, there was a lot of you, but thank you all for pointing out any bugs me or alfredo missed, you were a big help c;

L4Xr4V0.gif

Supporters / CoAuthors

is there a sprite sheet of them or a way i can look at all there sprites? i would like to use them as reference for a art i may decide to do of em

is there a sprite sheet of them or a way i can look at all there sprites? i would like to use them as reference for a art i may decide to do of em
There’s a program called Slade that’s essential for Doom modding. If you set that up correctly, you’ll be open up just about any pk3 or wad, including Cacee

Cacee "Kiwi" Cactus!

Cacee "Kiwi" Cactus is here from Mirage Saloon Zone! She used to be a bandito, but she's given up her days of crime... mostly.

ce1c3SZ.png

sGRr6oR.gif

Cacee is a cute lil cactus rabbit made by yours truly, she might look cute but she packs a mean punch, she's also the first proper character I've released since my return to SRB2, padoru excluded of course.

She's a pretty small (and I do mean small) and agile fighter, but she's a nospin so watch out when you jump.

*Spike Rush*
Now before I did say she packs a mean punch, infact she packs several, if it doesn't break the first time, punch it again.
Zq0Y0jm.gif

You can also use this to break bustables too.

*Rising Upper*
8G1ZiFL.gif

This is Cacee's jump ability, jump a second time to punch high into the air, your horizontal movement is cut a bit durring the cast though.
Another key thing this ability has is that it can drag enemies up into the air, allowing you to combo enemies if you wish

ESfDiV0.gif

Comboing this with Spike rush allows you to grant yourself another rising upper mid air, so you can reach some pretty high spaces provided you have a tanky enough enemy, or enough of them to drag with you.

*Spike proof and fire retardent*
JAj1Vac.gif

Due to her thorny nature, cacee is completely impervious to spikes, spike pits, spike walls, just not spike balls.
if it's passive she's most likely immune to it, if it's an attack or a general hazzard, they hurt her, it should be obvious what does and doesn't hurt her, if you can walk on it, you're fine, if not, it's probably going to hurt.
cS6RoAc.gif

Also making contact with enemies also hurts them, but... it also hurts you, so you still need to be careful.

fn1DPjq.gif

And, here's your fun fact of the day, because Cacti hold so much water in their body, they're one of the most fire retardent plants you can find, I mean they live in a desert, that place is hot as heck.
I'm not saying she's immune to fire though, a cactus must under go routine watering and nuture to retain their fire retardent properties, she can only survive one hit from a fire source once, you're gonna have to wait to cool down before you can tank another, or find a water source to cool off in.

WPZmzam.gif

*Tutorial Map*
PIbdgJa.png

Not many characters are easy to pick up right away, I decided to include a tutorial map with my character, Cacee will walk you through some simple mechanics to help you learn how to play her properly, and at the end, if you so wish it, is a small challenge course designed for Cacee herself, you can access this map by loading the tutorial from the main menu.

Kml4I1a.png

And... well, that's it, really, simplicity is the best for some characters, although that's not to say she doesn't have her fair share of secrets.

She does have compatability with some other mods though, such as
Xmomentum, Battlemod (lite support), Milne & Kirby, bet you can't guess what Kirby gets, hrm?

**Changelog**

The new commands added in should help you with your runs of cacee, or for those using a controller

caceehoming - toggles on and off Cacee's homing with her punches, always off by default in battlemod modes
caceecamera - lets you toggle between aiming via camera or aiming via direction input

*Credits*
Spritework: Me! I really love my Cactus girl, I hope you like her too
Coding: SMS Alfredo, thank you very much for offering before I even asked, and for doing a superb job too
CSS Text: Starlight and Steph, I am very bad with my words, so thanks for helping me English
Beta testers, there was a lot of you, but thank you all for pointing out any bugs me or alfredo missed, you were a big help c;

L4Xr4V0.gif

Supporters / CoAuthors

how do you get this working with SRB2 persona?

if you do a perfect timing rising upper and punch in the tutorial, you can skip the spike proof part.
Post automatically merged:

srb20024.gif

Post automatically merged:

or you can do this
srb20025.gif

Last edited:
I may be nitpicky about little things here, but if Cacee's punches aren't "so effective on metal", then what are these Goombas made out of?!
srb20049.gif

light dasher updated Cacee "Kiwi" Cactus -v1.3 with a new update entry:

Cacee Version 2 Update! - Moveset tweaks, Sprite touchups + Super/Sol forms

View attachment 72503
Cacee Version 2 is Here!

View attachment 72504
Our little chica here as undergone a few changes, so let me try to catch you up.
As you may notice from the screenshot above, Cacee has had a minor sprite touchup, to make her really pop withing SRB2.
View attachment 72505

She also sports a new Skin colour; Kiwi
I hope you like how it looks.
View attachment 72506
Not only as she had a touchup with...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

I got this warning while playing, not sure why it happened.
WARNING: ...dons/Tag/Characters/CL_Cacee-v2.pk3|Lua/LUA_GAME.lua:2302: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
...dons/Tag/Characters/CL_Cacee-v2.pk3|Lua/LUA_GAME.lua:2302: in function <...dons/Tag/Characters/CL_Cacee-v2.pk3|Lua/LUA_GAME.lua:2301>
Hope this helps with debugging.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back