light dasher

Cacee gaming
Cacee "Kiwi" Cactus!

Cacee "Kiwi" Cactus is here from Mirage Saloon Zone! She used to be a bandito, but she's given up her days of crime... mostly.

ce1c3SZ.png

sGRr6oR.gif

Cacee is a cute lil cactus rabbit made by yours truly, she might look cute but she packs a mean punch, she's also the first proper character I've released since my return to SRB2, padoru excluded of course.

She's a pretty small (and I do mean small) and agile fighter, but she's a nospin so watch out when you jump.

*Spike Rush*
Now before I did say she packs a mean punch, infact she packs several, if it doesn't break the first time, punch it again.
Zq0Y0jm.gif

You can also use this to break bustables too.

*Rising Upper*
8G1ZiFL.gif

This is Cacee's jump ability, jump a second time to punch high into the air, your horizontal movement is cut a bit durring the cast though.
Another key thing this ability has is that it can drag enemies up into the air, allowing you to combo enemies if you wish

ESfDiV0.gif

Comboing this with Spike rush allows you to grant yourself another rising upper mid air, so you can reach some pretty high spaces provided you have a tanky enough enemy, or enough of them to drag with you.

*Spike proof and fire retardent*
JAj1Vac.gif

Due to her thorny nature, cacee is completely impervious to spikes, spike pits, spike walls, just not spike balls.
if it's passive she's most likely immune to it, if it's an attack or a general hazzard, they hurt her, it should be obvious what does and doesn't hurt her, if you can walk on it, you're fine, if not, it's probably going to hurt.
cS6RoAc.gif

Also making contact with enemies also hurts them, but... it also hurts you, so you still need to be careful.

fn1DPjq.gif

And, here's your fun fact of the day, because Cacti hold so much water in their body, they're one of the most fire retardent plants you can find, I mean they live in a desert, that place is hot as heck.
I'm not saying she's immune to fire though, a cactus must under go routine watering and nuture to retain their fire retardent properties, she can only survive one hit from a fire source once, you're gonna have to wait to cool down before you can tank another, or find a water source to cool off in.

WPZmzam.gif

*Tutorial Map*
PIbdgJa.png

Not many characters are easy to pick up right away, I decided to include a tutorial map with my character, Cacee will walk you through some simple mechanics to help you learn how to play her properly, and at the end, if you so wish it, is a small challenge course designed for Cacee herself, you can access this map by loading the tutorial from the main menu.

Kml4I1a.png

And... well, that's it, really, simplicity is the best for some characters, although that's not to say she doesn't have her fair share of secrets.

She does have compatability with some other mods though, such as
Xmomentum, Battlemod (lite support), Milne & Kirby, bet you can't guess what Kirby gets, hrm?

**Changelog**

v1 -Release!
v1.1 - added in commands to disable homing and camera punching, tutorial enemy infinite bug fix, Fang boss fixes, Battlemod balancing. (Punch thrust decreased when flag/diamond holding, weight reduced from 75 to 50, no longer homes in on players, shockwave hitting knuckles while digging bug has been fixed​

The new commands added in should help you with your runs of cacee, or for those using a controller

caceehoming - toggles on and off Cacee's homing with her punches, always off by default in battlemod modes
caceecamera - lets you toggle between aiming via camera or aiming via direction input

*Credits*
Spritework: Me! I really love my Cactus girl, I hope you like her too
Coding: SMS Alfredo, thank you very much for offering before I even asked, and for doing a superb job too
CSS Text: Starlight and Steph, I am very bad with my words, so thanks for helping me English
Beta testers, there was a lot of you, but thank you all for pointing out any bugs me or alfredo missed, you were a big help c;

L4Xr4V0.gif

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• CL_Cacee-v1.pk3
    1 MB · Views: 1,366
  • CSS Mockup.jpg
    CSS Mockup.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 806
  • srb20227.png
    srb20227.png
    294.9 KB · Views: 387
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    5 MB · Views: 365
  • srb20028.gif
    srb20028.gif
    7.7 MB · Views: 353
  • srb20153.gif
    srb20153.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 339
  • srb20145.gif
    srb20145.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 316
  • srb20610.gif
    srb20610.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 386
  • srb20023.gif
    srb20023.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 633
  • srb20224.gif
    srb20224.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 424
  • CL_Cacee-v1.1.pk3
    1 MB · Views: 2,047
Last edited by a moderator:
I love this cactus baby so much. She's super adorable. I also love all the secrets and silly fun stuff she has. Amazing mod!

Welcome to Releases!

I love this character

I have played with it for a bit and I am really impressed by how good her movesets are and her sprites. I am really happy to see a character that is able to speak spanish too.
I can't wait to complete the game with her :)

cacee :)
srb20363.gif

But in all seriousness, this is a very fun character. Her moves work nicely with each other, and can be used to do some pretty sick stuff. Great work!

How can a cactus be cute lmao.

jokes aside, i've been waiting for this character for so long, can't wait to try it out.

Climbing the air

So I was investigating the ACZ3 scene in singleplayer and I found that the intro happens for every character. Which doesn't allow me to move until I get hit. (Except for Sonic paired with Tails)
srb21069.gif

The bar also funnily enough keeps scrolling when the game is paused.
srb21066.gif

Another thing is when I get hit, the camera stays in the position I spawned in, instead of reverting back to normal.

srb21059.gif

it's been really fun following the development of this character on twitter, and i'm glad to see her finally release, wonderful work with the spritework as usual, and the abilities are really fun!

So I was investigating the ACZ3 scene in singleplayer and I found that the intro happens for every character. Which doesn't allow me to move until I get hit. (Except for Sonic paired with Tails)
srb21069.gif

The bar also funnily enough keeps scrolling when the game is paused.
srb21066.gif

Another thing is when I get hit, the camera stays in the position I spawned in, instead of reverting back to normal.

srb21059.gif

Genuinely off topic but does ACZ3 have a starting cutscene?

Last edited:
This is a really good character, I liked him. I had great pleasure playing the game for him. I'm not a fan of custom characters, but I really liked this cactus.

I liked the secrets, hee-hee.

Great job!

i've been waiting for this, and now it's here!
time to experiment with her and see how good i can become

What???? Why are you talking about this here?

He is reporting a bug, there's nothing bad about it.
this helps the creator to let them know about a bug that they would fix eventually in a new update.

While I should've expected it, now that I read back on Cacee's info again, something feels weird about the Green Snappers being able to hurt her.
https://imgur.com/a/uS7l9mC
F6RLHkE

F6RLHkE

They're a moving hazard, so it makes sense... But considering Spike Balls do not make the Spike Hazard noise ("· [Spiked]") but the Green Snappers do, I had a feeling it should be different? Maybe that's just me though.

EDIT: Oh, NOW I realize why it seems off to me!
Thing is, I tried attacking them as normal as possible; using the punching moves. However, I think you're not able to hit them, unfortunately. They damage you before you can damage them, because of the way their defenses work. Meanwhile, a badnik like the Spincushion can be defeated normally.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back