Merry Christmas, everyone. Alt Sonic has gotten a mostly QoL related update. I recommend reading the changelog in the main post for details.

The update is pretty good. Nothing too different, but it is easier to get dash mode now.

Tho there is still a quirk with the model. The Custom 3 easter egg doesn't have its animation, he just T-poses.

is this intentional, or an oversight?

Update version 6.5 is out. I'm gonna be very frank when I say I really don't want to work on this any more. I was originally going to include a Sonic CD 2011 style menu to replace all the command usage, but I simply lost the motivation to work on it when I realized the menu would take me over a month to do realistically.

The most this update has to bring is related to screen quakes; now, only the player who initiated the screen quake can see it, and there is also a new CVAR titled "altquakes" which will toggle quakes on/off entirely. The CVAR is also per player, meaning it isn't one or the other for a whole netgame server.

As much as I like this project, I just simply need to move on to other things. I hope you all understand and appreciate this last update.

Update version 6.5 is out. I'm gonna be very frank when I say I really don't want to work on this any more. I was originally going to include a Sonic CD 2011 style menu to replace all the command usage, but I simply lost the motivation to work on it when I realized the menu would take me over a month to do realistically.

The most this update has to bring is related to screen quakes; now, only the player who initiated the screen quake can see it, and there is also a new CVAR titled "altquakes" which will toggle quakes on/off entirely. The CVAR is also per player, meaning it isn't one or the other for a whole netgame server.

As much as I like this project, I just simply need to move on to other things. I hope you all understand and appreciate this last update.

No problem dude. Just don't work yourself too much

I don't think there are any other updates to improve this character. It's perfect as it is and I can accept this choice to stop working it because it gets boring after awhile

v6.6 is out. This is more of a general bugfix update, along with the removal of the "altpowercolor" command. It caused unfixable synch issues in netgames, so it got axed.

That's all.

Version 7 has been pushed.

Not much I can say down here that wasn't said in the changelog.

Enjoy, and never ask me for anything ever again :)

The 7.1 hotfix is out. This merges some of the code to reduce lag that tends to happen during netgames. Sorry about that.

This should be the last update, unless 2.2.9 or later versions of SRB2 bring their own bugs I need to fix.

this addon is awesome ! new sonic abilities with some editied sprites !
and the other thing that you update your addon always ! not like the others ! update a once , rarely , or never !

Obviously the new Laughing Easter Egg has turned this character into the worse thing (I have sarcasm if you couldn't tell already). Totally not playing this anymore.

i literally gasped when this came out!
i had so many emotions but mostly i was happy

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

i have noticed Sonic doesn't use his custom super sprite animation anymore.
possibly it was changed as it was more like the original Sonic (if that was the choice), but I liked the custom version more

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back