Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

Rail grinding is visual thing that will be used in the future for something very awesome that isn't just riding on fences, this update simply is a preperation for the full thing.

It will not be within any of your expectations atm, please stop asking for something that's already implemented.
What is your profile picture from?

Like I said this is why it would be a good option. I like spamdash but some don't
The Spam dash is still there...it's just more balanced.
Post automatically merged:

Going off of Shine's orignal statement of Versatility over Convivence, most of the time SRB2 levels have difficult to predict ring placements that heavily vary from level to level. There's even points in levels where rings space out to the point where using a SA2 lightdash is counterintuitive compared to this implementation:

View attachment 87714
srb20007.gif

Unless you want a lightdash with high exit velocity with little control, just bear with having an ability that actually has been made versatile.
you sir GET IT this is what I was talking about!!

Don't worry, I'm not delaying the v1.6b hotpatch into v1.7/v2 this time. v1.6b will be out by the end of the week.
934769690843181076.webp

I'm just waiting a bit to let players find every bug they can, since so far it looks like I can afford to. There's mostly just minor visual oddities. A huge amount of you are going to be more efficient at finding these things than our tiny team of bugtesters.

Also those that want the spam dash it's still there it's just more balanced. I've never liked the spam dash, cuz it was ALWAYS the best option for speed; but not here it's certainly there. And a SA2 style roll??? I personally don't see the point of something inferior to the Spin attack which you can literally run circles around your enemies. I think the roll is awesome, but it cost the SA1 style spin dash. Golden and Metal know what they are doing.
I also suggested a non-spamable dash. You said the instant light speed dash is is too OP but the SA2 spindash is just a nerfed spindash.

Adventure Sonic retains his spamdash because most players love it, which is the point of games. ( And the spindash is the foundation the rest of his moveset builds, unlike a rapid lightdash which either overshadows his moveset or is forgotten about. ) My only issue was players might feel pressured to mash 24/7, that's why his charge is so strong compared to SA1. You're also slowed down spamdashing on slopes compared to rolling/charging. On flat surfaces the spamdash does win out, but not by a wide enough margin that you should care if you're no top-level speedrunner. If you don't like mashing like crazy, you won't fall behind. Even a quick spin every 2 or 3 seconds maintains your speed.

The Spam dash is still there...it's just more balanced.
Lol nah, it's as busted as ever, I just made the charge equally busted to compensate. I'm just fortunate SRB2 is a game where retaining airspeed is such a huge factor, and it happens to be SA-Sonic's weakness.
1078639454316679178.gif

when we are getting adventure metal sonic mod?
As far as I know it's not on Metalwario's list of things he want to do someday. imo Classic Metal Sonic looks close enough to the Adventure/Modern one to not really warrant a resprite.

What is the Difference between the SA1 spindash and the SA2 spindashes 🤔
SA2's spindash has a delay before activating which made it very unresponsive for quick rolls down slopes, and cannot be rapidly spammed as a result either. It was done for balance, as well as to support having the "Somersault" ability and Lightdash on the same button, but basically nobody liked the blatant downgrade.
818030443583897620.webp

View attachment 87709
is it normal for the shield model to disappear when using the advance game flair?

And i also cant use my battle abilities, even though i have enough rings to use that ability, did this happen in earlier versions?
View attachment 87708
I'm not sure why that happens only with 3D models. Sonic disappears in Advance Style with the MF2_DONTDRAW flag and lets the jumpball overlay become his sprite. (Such as when getting hit and flickering every other frame) But I don't know why that'd affect models exclusively.

Also, yes, the battlemod abilities are a teaser. SA-Sonic isn't fully supported for Battlemod yet! That's a v2 plan. We didn't initially plan out a v1.6, but v2 might take longer now since Battlemod is getting a rework and I don't want my Battlemod efforts to go to waste again like it did with SMSreborn...
971125101724590120.webp

Is it intentional that Adventure Sonic's air speed is REDUCED (as opposed to staying the same) when he gets the Speed Sneakers?
Yes, it acts like that in both Adventure games, only making you faster on the ground. (So the airspeed feels reduced compared to your new ground speed) I realize that made the speedshoes' effectiveness pretty modest on SA-Sonic, so your spindash power increases slightly and you get to access SA2's OP superbounce technique while it's active!
925853348077404240.gif
(You get to do that with Super Sonic whenever, btw)

Last edited:
Yes, it acts like that in both Adventure games, only making you faster on the ground. (So the airspeed feels reduced compared to your new ground speed) I realize that made the speedshoes' effectiveness pretty modest on SA-Sonic, so your spindash power increases slightly and you get to access SA2's OP superbounce technique while it's active!
925853348077404240.gif
(You get to do that with Super Sonic whenever, btw)
What I meant is that your air speed without the speed shoes is faster than your air speed with the speed shoes. Are you saying THIS is wrong?

I am asking because i am **CERTAIN** that Sonic is faster in the air without the speed shoes than he is with the speed shoes. I have proof.

Say whaaaaaat? Is that vanilla srb2 physics or did you load some momentum/physics addons? Also how did you do that air trick? Sometimes i can pull it off but i cant figure out in what state the player has to be to perform that move
This is all Sa-Sonic; Just using the Tricks you can pull of after spin dashing off of any ledge. You have a Long window to do a "Trick" like move that will preserve some of your momentum allowing you to pull of tricks like this.

Last edited:
What I meant is that your air speed without the speed shoes is faster than your air speed with the speed shoes. Are you saying THIS is wrong?

I am asking because i am **CERTAIN** that Sonic is faster in the air without the speed shoes than he is with the speed shoes. I have proof.
this may be mostly unrelated, but I remember when watching a sonic heroes speedrun, it was stated that in heroes, speed shoes specifically affect the player's air speed rather than ground speed, oddly.

Don't worry, I'm not delaying the v1.6b hotpatch into v1.7/v2 this time. v1.6b will be out by the end of the week.
934769690843181076.webp
great! i wont have to dig into the code to make SA-Sonic playable for me again then! thanks!!!
(just to clarify, i have never done that before, and i dont particularly want to start now. i can barely READ Lua, let alone write anything in it)

Last edited:
934769690843181076.webp

I'm just waiting a bit to let players find every bug they can, since so far it looks like I can afford to. There's mostly just minor visual oddities. A huge amount of you are going to be more efficient at finding these things than our tiny team of bugtesters.
Thank you for throwing this saving net!
I was hesitant to talk about this because I already saw multiple people pointing out quite a few things, but in that case I want to report on something that... I'm not sure why it's happening. Though I'll say it right now, I'm playing on a Mac OS computer.
srb20006.gif
srb20007.gif

I don't know why, but some particle effects don't display correctly. It happens with the invincibility and some of Hyper Sonic's particle effects when he transforms and when he enters Flight mode as well-- I have nothing else added, only SA-Sonic, yet some effects still display in this ugly manner.
Admittedly I do have the Advance color and spin trails, so I'm not sure if anything else is messing with this. There have been some points where the particles worked... Normal? At least with Hyper Sonic, but I think that changed when I was toggling different flairs? I do believe the Invincibility ones are just... Messed up no matter what though (gifs were shown with the SA1 flair, by the way).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back