Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

sa2 color: custom 1
sadx color: custom 2
advance color: custom 3
hold one of those at the start of any level

itd make more sense of sadx and sa2 custom buttons were reversed, but hey i dont make the mod
Ahh well, it'll no longer matter soon. You won't need that old system anymore in SA-Sonic's v1.6. Which is making great progress, btw!

Okay, I calculated 2 more weeks on a week calculator and I have calculated that the mod will come out on -March 19 2023-
I did say at least, so a minimum timeline. Though at this rate, I do feel we'll make that deadline.

Don't worry, I was meming along with you.

Black Hole Zone is map map57. SA-Sonic doesn't care how you get there, so long as you beat it with him, you unlock Hyper Sonic.

It's the weapon-ring specific buttons on a keyboard, can the mobile version not change them around? I have no experience ever trying the mobile port, tbh.

I considered it once, but it has alot of issues. Spiky/invisible/holed up fences make no sense to grind, and most fences lead into walls or pits. Imagine ledgegrabbing and suddenly being kidnapped by a random fence that smashes you into a wall and jerks your camera around.

srb20099.gif

Rails really need intentional placement to work.

-----

Sorry about the delays thus far. There's a very ambitious idea we wanted to try, and ambition takes time. No promises it'll get done, at least for v1.6, but here's some updates from the WIP dev build as an apology!

Single Player colors now get their own menu! Pick any color you want! It'll save your preference, and you won't need the custom1/2/3 trick.
srb20104.gif

The SAmenu can now be opened with the pause key!(Yes, in netgames too) Due to key detection limitations you need to hold the button if you bound pause to something other than it's default key. Wait, is that a new gameflair?
srb20103.gif

I've recreated coronas from the final demo days! This time software gets a slice of the pie too. They react to environmental brightness and distance from ceilings/floors, and invincibility gets all-new effects that are easier on performance to boot.
srb20106.gif
srb20108.gif
srb20111.gif

Metalwario64 returns for some new animations! For one of them, Adventure Sonic cheekily turns Marine's Jetski into a surfboard resembling a familiar SA1 snowboard! Animation is WIP, the quill movement is almost done!
srb20097.gif

And extra mod support for stuff like Icezer's supercolors mod, supporting auras and the new coronas as well! (Note: left GIF is old!)
srb20146.gif
srb20135.gif

Or stuff like revamped gift behavior! You no longer have just 1 chance to gift everyone at once. It'll keep track of who you've gifted, and your presents home into even the speediest, least patient players.
srb20112.gif

Then some bugfixes, yadayada, we haven't been doing nothing all this time.
Will SA-SONIC Use his surfboard animations for when he's rail grinding?

Attachments

• 1678984495946.png
    1678984495946.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 1678984519785.png
    1678984519785.png
    212.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 1678984587648.png
    1678984587648.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 1678984618924.png
    1678984618924.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 1678984661885.png
    1678984661885.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Shrine already explained the issues with including rail grinding, which means he isn't adding it, so please stop insisting he should have it thanks
It was just a question and to be fair they might have not heard that. Im glad you answered their question, but ya made it sound like every body has been keeping up.

It was just a question and to be fair they might have not heard that. Im glad you answered their question, but ya made it sound like every body has been keeping up.

Ahem

I'm just saying, I'm really looking forward to rail grinding in v1.6 and just v1.6 in general.
How can you look forward to something that isn't being added? Are you actually reading what people are saying or just ignoring them to carry on with your fantasy?

Last edited:
How can you look forward to something that isn't being added? Are you actually reading what people are saying or just ignoring them to carry on with your fantasy?
Yeah I really need to phrase my replies better. I'm just stupid.
Post automatically merged:

Hold on, let me rephrase.

I'm just saying I'm really looking forward to v1.6.

Is that better?

Last edited:
Yeah I really need to phrase my replies better. I'm just stupid.
Post automatically merged:

Hold on, let me rephrase.

I'm just saying I'm really looking forward to v1.6.

Is that better?
Sounds better but you should really not suggest things that arent getting added in

Kinda, but not really. It's a blend of Classic and...Modern???
His sprites are drawn to match SRB2's style, which is itself based on the classics, but it's not really meant to specifically be a "classic" or modern Shadow, I wouldn't say- especially considering the former doesn't really exist. It's just Shadow in SRB2.

That said, a specifically Modern Shadow I would imagine to have Modern Sonic's moveset, maybe plus some chaos ability stuff. This all is veering a bit off-topic, though-

Everything's looking great as usual, GS and MW! Keep up the good work, looking forward to the update! The Advance gameflair and coronas are looking especially cool- and Hyper Sonic's transformation effects are a very sizable aesthetic upgrade!

on top of that, the Advance game flair is something else new and refreshing.... if boostmomentum works with the new version of SA-Sonic, then that would definitely be an entire era of sonic in one character.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back