Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

So, this is a silly idea, and I don't know if this is the right venue, but I have a cool idea that could happen but would take a little bit of ingenuity. It would be cool if Adventure Sonic could run on walls like he can in the Adventure games. I know that walls aren't walkable in SRB2, but it could work like a modified Knuckles Wall Climb. It would activate if Adventure Sonic hits a wall while on a slope exceeding X angle while going at Y speed while in a Running state. This would require additional Running sprites (1 directly Overhead, as well as a "3/4 overhead" (inbetween side view and overhead). This would be mirrored for other side. Only need 1 "3/4 overhead" running animation, due to how camera is expected to work in SRB2) for different camera angles and different running angles. Side view in this context could just be a rotated version of the normal ground running sprite). The modified Wall Climb here would deactivate if speed is below a threshold but would allow for a seamless transition if done correctly.

I don't know. It's something that would make the character stand out even more than it already does. Just a thought.
Obviously, I'm not on the mod's development team, but this would just be extra code bloat and it wouldn't complement the rest of his kit since it's literally the SA moveset retrofitted for SRB2

Obviously, I'm not on the mod's development team, but this would just be extra code bloat and it wouldn't complement the rest of his kit since it's literally the SA moveset retrofitted for SRB2
I would disagree. Running on walls from a slope is definitely within Sonic's toolkit within the SA games. See video here (a good example starts at 45 seconds in): Link to direct time if video doesn't show.

That said, this isn't a make or break, obviously. Just a neat idea. It would just be really cool and go the extra mile to literally drop Sonic Adventure Sonic, physics, gameplay and all into SRB2.

I would disagree. Running on walls from a slope is definitely within Sonic's toolkit within the SA games. See video here (a good example starts at 45 seconds in): Link to direct time if video doesn't show.

That said, this isn't a make or break, obviously. Just a neat idea. It would just be really cool and go the extra mile to literally drop Sonic Adventure Sonic, physics gameplay and all into SRB2.

Reminder that Adventure Sonic is meant to give you the SA experience in a lightweight package

This will just be unnecessary

That said, this isn't a make or break, obviously. Just a neat idea. It would just be really cool and go the extra mile to literally drop Sonic Adventure Sonic, physics, gameplay and all into SRB2.
You’re forgetting that SRB2 is VERY different compared to the Adventure games. There’s almost no need to wall run with the toolkit he has right now and wall collisions would only make him more complicated to create because of his other moves

You’re forgetting that SRB2 is VERY different compared to the Adventure games. There’s almost no need to wall run with the toolkit he has right now and wall collisions would only make him more complicated to create because of his other moves
That's fair.

Bit offtopic but I think Wido's wallrun is kinda wack so

But yeah, Adventure Sonic doesn't need it since his toolkit gives him plenty of opportunities to do cool shortcuts anyway

I think alot of the issue is that SRB2 doesn't really have those kinds of level design since loops are rather tricky to do. Not to mention most levels don't exactly have Wall running in mind so there wouldn't be much point unless you made a level pack designer around Adventure Sonic.

This Add-On is great. But maybe you could add the Somerasault as an Custom 1 action in the SA2 and Hybrid sound flair?

There will never be a Somersault because Golden and Metal wanted to keep Adventure Sonic simple, so just jump and spin

Excluding the use for the extra buttons being used for stuff like going super and such of course

Complete BHZ, that's it.
Bro, i've was doing all the SRB2 Special Stages with A-Rank with Adventure Sonic so i could get to Black Hole Zone as i've should guess now. And then i've was struggling with my School Computer which can't run a PC port of a 1998 game (Sonic Adventure, other game not SRB2) for more than 1 hour without having a physical trauma on it's components. And then the game crashed in the CEZ Boss due to a lua scripting error. IDK if it was my Laptop or something else that hapenned between the Add-On. But i've wanted to do the "Memories" secret by the "Giga-Chad" way. But then my Hardware runned out or SMTH.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back