Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

What was that gif?
FOV 170 in the console. Make sure to set it back to FOV 90 later or you'll keep playing like that...forever.

its a joke about the filename, though i expect jeckjims' models are coming sooner rather than later
Would be fitting if his model came in for the 3D version of SA-Sonic.

Wait so hyper is possible in vanilla?
Yep. Don't need a single mod other than SA-Sonic.

Adventure Sonic 1.3d, no model, people. go home.
The one that jeck is making looks good, but the one you included in the post....yeah, it needs to be worked out.
srb20055.gif

There's more than just Jeck's in the making. But SA-Sonic has a lot of animations compared to your average character, so it takes time. We'll see some complete ones popping up by the end of this week, I'm sure!
I'm personally curious to a fully-fledged SA2 rendition, but above all else Metalwario64's sprites rule supreme to me.
905509891416944650.webp

Just look at this! This guy truly knows how to translate both the 3D and Uekawa aspects of Adventure into sprites with an energy I've never seen replicated elsewhere. Even the poses he made soley for the purpose of referencing into a tiny sprite are so damn clean!
ADV2VIC.gif

Victory_BLUE_FINAL_BIG_ALT_HAND.gif

FOV 170 in the console. Make sure to set it back to FOV 90 later or you'll keep playing like that...forever.

srb20055.gif

There's more than just Jeck's in the making. But SA-Sonic has a lot of animations compared to your average character, so it takes time. We'll see some complete ones popping up by the end of this week, I'm sure!
I'm personally curious to a fully-fledged SA2 rendition, but above all else Metalwario64's sprites rule supreme to me.
905509891416944650.webp

Just look at this! This guy truly knows how to translate both the 3D and Uekawa aspects of Adventure into sprites with an energy I've never seen replicated elsewhere. Even the poses he made soley for the purpose of referencing into a tiny sprite are so damn clean!
ADV2VIC.gif

Thanks as always, Shine! I just reference, reference reference! That's the key to learning and improving your own art. I think my sprites show my progress as my Super sprites, then the normal Sonic sprites I made after, I think look waaay nicer than my earliest ones.

Here's a little dev secret for everyone: I literally redrew and altered the A2 and A3 Super faces (and added a quill to the opposite side of his head for the A2s) on the last day of development, and was inserting them and getting that ready literally until the last hour before the scheduled release, which lead to me being 30 minutes late (doubt it would have been too much sooner with how slow the board was at that time, but still!).

I think that little bit paid off because it gives the Super form just a little bit of extra style. The lesson here is one for myself in that I need to develop better time management. :P

Yeah, but how did you make the camera rotate? Also, how do I make the character 3D, to be exact?
The "3D" is just a joke because it's version 1.3d.

Last edited:
Did anybody ripped out the Super-SA-Sonic theme already? i wanna listen to that banger in my playlist. Speaking of models, damn that looks sick

b

srb20055.gif

905509891416944650.webp

ADV2VIC.gif

Pausing each frame is mesmerizing! He even starts putting his hands up to punch something!

srb20045.gif
ok dont try the old boost mod the game crashed

Last edited:
This supposed to happen?
srb20016.gif

i guess light speed attacking fang gets him to bomb the train on the inside-

This supposed to happen?
View attachment 60326

i guess light speed attacking fang gets him to bomb the train on the inside-
I noticed that on the vanilla side of SRB2, bosses seem to be programmed to do certain things like their pinch phases and animations when their remaining HP is a certain number, rather than if it reaches that number or below.

I think characters like Wido, who used to be able to easily deal 2 damage to bosses similar to SA-Sonic before an update (he still can, but he needs to transform I think), made this apparent!
If you go back to CEZ3 and deal double damage to the boss as much as you can, you'll notice that some ground/floor portions that should've gone away by then, still exist even though the pinch phase started, because certain HP numbers on the bosses were skipped.
Considering CEZ3 and BCZ3 Have things happen if the HP is low enough regardless of the exact number (CEZ3 Pinch phase activating, while Brak's arena loses its walls), I do wonder why Fang's not programmed similarly to bomb the wagon walls and floor by default.
Not that I'm complaining; sometimes touching fang(?) or the bombs before they blow up during that phase can already send you flying back far, so if that can be avoided, it's a plus on my book :shitsfree:
Unless that was fixed in the 2.2.10 pre-release which I haven't touched yet.

Does he have Xmomentum support if so how comes when he runs, he doesn't speed up just by running I use the spin dash to speed him up but then he losses speed after a few seconds is there any way to give SA Sonic Xmomentum support?

He should

Maybe you Xmomentum version is outdated, try grabbing a new version?
I already did he still doesn't speed up by running
He has support only with the latest version of Xmomentum which is v1.3.
I did that and he doesn't speed up by running when I spam dash, he gains speed but then losses it. Unless there is something I did wrong that is not making him gain speed just by running with Xmomentum.

go add an alt skin for sa sonic which is when you press custom 1 (which if i correctly remember the sa2 palette) in spawn the game will change sonic's shoes to soap shoes. you don't really need to edit the jump and jumpball nor the spindash because in sa2 i think they kept it the same but eh idk if you can do it

go add an alt skin for sa sonic which is when you press custom 1 (which if i correctly remember the sa2 palette) in spawn the game will change sonic's shoes to soap shoes. you don't really need to edit the jump and jumpball nor the spindash because in sa2 i think they kept it the same but eh idk if you can do it
Pretty sure this is already planned for later down the line, though editing every sprite to add the soap shoes would take some time. I hear jeck jim's model will have an alternate version with the soap shoes, though, and that will likely come out earlier. I don't think you meant to do so but the way you said this kinda sounded like an order more than a request lol.

Pretty sure this is already planned for later down the line, though editing every sprite to add the soap shoes would take some time. I hear jeck jim's model will have an alternate version with the soap shoes, though, and that will likely come out earlier. I don't think you meant to do so but the way you said this kinda sounded like an order more than a request lol.

You should add soap shoes

NOW
download.jpeg

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back