Lat' updated [1.3.1] SRB2 Persona: Multiplayer Demo with a new update entry:

SRB2P Patch 1.3.2

Small update to fix a couple more bugs

CHANGES:
  • When inflicted with Rage, bosses no longer get an Endurance penalty to prevent Rage from being too powerful.
  • Balance changes to the final unlockable Vision Quest
  • You now start with 20 Dekunda Gems, 20 Dekaja Gems, 5 Patra Gems, 5 1UPs and 3 Super 1UPs
  • BATKAN!!'s HP was lowered from 99,999 to 80,000. All other stats...

Read the rest of this update entry...

how exactly do you add custom music to the game
You can either put music files into the file named "SRB2P-music.pk3" or you can use the addon menu to insert your own wad/pk3 music pack. (The former is usually the best option, just don't make any extra folders or the game gets mad lmao)
You'll most likely need Slade3 for this. Also remember to stick to music name format if you're adding in your own .ogg / .wav / .mp3 file (Starts with O_, 6 chars long max)
Then, by going into
Settings > Sound Options > Custom Battle Music
You can define the custom music to use. Just select the track list, pick any of the boxes below, and then type in the Lump name (such as "BRUH" for a lump named O_BRUH)

Hope this helps!

attachment.php

Join the SRB2P Discord!
This is the best place to talk about SRB2P and find people to play with as well as report bugs for me to keep things organized if you find anything!

Check out the SRB2P Modding Documentation!

PLEASE READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW BEFORE JUMPING ON THE THREAD'S DOWNLOAD BUTTON!!
Since people don't like reading entire threads and keep asking, if you download from the thread's classic download button, get both SRB2P_MP1.3.2.rar AND SRB2P-music.pk3, the combined filesize was over 64 MB and couldn't be uploaded directly on the MB.
If you don't use Windows, refer to the instructions further below, thank you for your understanding!

SRB2Persona is a mod I've been working on with the help of a few friends every now and then for about 5 years now. The entire point was to recreate Persona's general gameplay into SRB2. Yeah, it doesn't get any stupider than that! It started off as a barely playable weird tech demo that would error about everytime we tried playing it. Honestly I was unsure whether or not it was going to ever be something playable or stay as a fever dream.
Yet here we are, today. After 3 entire rewrites and countless hours of testing over the course of 5 years, I have no idea how my motivation lasted me this long, but I'm happy to release the first SRB2Persona demo!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Play the tutorial
I cannot stress this enough, even if you've played a Persona game before, I recommend you check it out.

5029 UDP.
That's the port you need to forward for people to join your hosted games. The method to portforward varies between ISPs so this one is on you to figure out, chief.

Netgames:
SRB2P is best enjoyed in a group of 4 over a voice call, but you can play it with up to 16 players using multiple parties! The game's stability can take a significant hit at higher player counts, so be warned.

Singleplayer?
SRB2P doesn't have a story mode yet (This will be the focus of the next update), but you can play any of the existing gamemodes besides PvP by yourself. Marathon Mode especially can make for a nice substitute!

Modding?
There is modding support for custom characters, custom dungeons and the likes. The modding documentation is available at the top of the post, and you can ask for help and speak with other modders in the Discord server!

So, what's in the package?

Frantic turn based battles
Experience the flashy aesthetic of the Persona battle system, with a hint of Shin Megami Tensei buff system topping to add some flavour, alongside literally hundreds of available Persona skills and a varied selection of characters!
Find out and exploit your enemies' weaknesses to knock them down and get additional turns! Manage to knock them all down, and you can unleash the powerful All-Out Attack to deal massive damage and maybe just end the battle in a flash!
If you either finish a battle with an All-Out Attack, or within a single turn, you may even get a chance to get some more mileage out of it!
attachment.php

Dungeon crawling with up to 4... 8...? wait, 16 players!?
Crawl within the mazes of Tartarus. Ambush the Shadows impeding your way, earn EXP to get stronger and make your way up to and destroy the floor guardians with a party of 4... Or up to 4 parties of 4 in any given Block of Tartarus!
...Just be careful not to spend too much time on a single floor, or bad luck awaits...
attachment.php

Roguelike!
Is regular Tartarus exploration too easy for you? The enemies are too predictable? Try your luck in Rogue mode! Enemies will have randomized affinities and attacks to go along to force you to re-experience the thrill of finding weaknesses out on the spot whenever you want!

A climb to the top!
In Marathon Mode, you can climb Tartarus from the bottom to the very top with save point at each boss floor! This mode locks you in Rogue mode for an added difficulty. Will you find what awaits you at the top?

View attachment 55757

From Nothing:
Want a refresher? Try Void Run! A difficult alternative take on the usual gameplay loop, you'll start from nothing and have to work your way up to fighting enemies much stronger than you are using items and equipment wisely... Every character starts off the same, you're free to build them however you like!
View attachment 55758

Fight it out in a 4V4 PvP duke out!
Experience the many intricacies of how stupidly unbalanced the battle system is by unleashing your most devious strategies on each other!
You can also try some of the funky alternative variants of PvP, such as Random Skills or Boss Mode... Both of which are exactly what they sound like, it's not like this mode was balanced anyway, so let's go All-Out with the silliness!

attachment.php

Test your skills on Challenge Battles!
Take on timed boss rematches and endless battles with up to 3 other players to set the best times and scores! Serves as a good training session to know what to expect from the many dangers of Tartarus! You may even get compensation for your suffering if you win em all!
attachment.php

PATCH (v1.3.x -> 1.3.2):

(Thread download) Windows

FULL DOWNLOAD (v1.3.2):
An existing install of SRB2 2.2.8 or above is necessary for SRB2P to run.

Windows:

(Thread download): Core files | Music file (Separated due to filesize limit)

SRB2P Files (MIrror 1) (Dropbox)
SRB2P Files (Mirror 2) (Google Drive)

Linux:
Linux download (Build not maintained by me, courtesy of @Nathan_Nino)
Additional Linux installation information

MacOS: No direct download
Use the Windows download for the files, you will have to compile the executable yourself however:
You can compile yourself from the source code. (Branch: srb2p_22) The compilation process is the exact same as vanilla SRB2's seeing as SRB2P only uses a slightly different .exe to get all the files added.

Android:
Unsupported.

CREDITS
Sonic Robo Blast 2: Persona
Mod by Lat'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Mod credits:

Snu: General programming & graphics assistance
Spectra: Programming assistance
SoapSurfin: Titlescreen Sonic art
DylanNeyaz: Cut-ins
Q.T.D.: All-Out-Attack artwork
DaveLite: Evoker poses

LJ Sonik: PRNG library

Inazuma: Shadow The Hedgehog sprites
DrStephen: Dr. Eggman sprites
.Luke: Blaze The Cat sprites
(All permissions / re-usable content status check out)

Amicitia Comm: Persona 3/4 modding tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sonic Robo Blast 2 belongs to Sonic Team Jr.

LEGAL STUFF:
Sonic The Hedgehog is property of SEGA
Shin Megami Tensei / Persona is property of ATLUS / SEGA
No copyright infringement intended, this is a fan project meant as a love letter to some of my favourite game franchises ever.

THIS GAME SHOULD NOT BE SOLD!
This is a non-profit project! (In fact, I lose money!)

It's kind of surreal for me to finally release something like that after working on it for so long. Although there isn't exactly a ton of content to speak of, I'm still incredibly proud of myself for managing to pull that out and eternally thankful to those who have helped me make it this far, be it by their supportive words, their contributions to the mod, or their everlasting ability to break the shit out of the game to help me find and crush bugs.

Supporters / CoAuthors

I have a very (probably not so) important thing to say. You forgot to put the libmingwex-0.dll in the main download. All this time i was trying to update this thing, almost got my stuff stolen by a rouge antivirus-repair thingamagig. Ill just say this to (hopefully) remind you about this. If someone else is watching and the fix is not done, just use a mirror or get the mirror's file then put it in the main one. (probably wont work)

I have a very (probably not so) important thing to say. You forgot to put the libmingwex-0.dll in the main download. All this time i was trying to update this thing, almost got my stuff stolen by a rouge antivirus-repair thingamagig. Ill just say this to (hopefully) remind you about this. If someone else is watching and the fix is not done, just use a mirror or get the mirror's file then put it in the main one. (probably wont work)
Strange

Last edited:
attachment.php

Join the SRB2P Discord!
This is the best place to talk about SRB2P and find people to play with as well as report bugs for me to keep things organized if you find anything!

PLEASE READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW BEFORE JUMPING ON THE THREAD'S DOWNLOAD BUTTON!!
Since people don't like reading entire threads and keep asking, if you download from the thread's classic download button, get both SRB2P_MP1.3.2.rar AND SRB2P-music.pk3, the combined filesize was over 64 MB and couldn't be uploaded directly on the MB.
If you don't use Windows, refer to the instructions further below, thank you for your understanding!

SRB2Persona is a mod I've been working on with the help of a few friends every now and then for about 5 years now. The entire point was to recreate Persona's general gameplay into SRB2. Yeah, it doesn't get any stupider than that! It started off as a barely playable weird tech demo that would error about everytime we tried playing it. Honestly I was unsure whether or not it was going to ever be something playable or stay as a fever dream.
Yet here we are, today. After 3 entire rewrites and countless hours of testing over the course of 5 years, I have no idea how my motivation lasted me this long, but I'm happy to release the first SRB2Persona demo!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Play the tutorial
I cannot stress this enough, even if you've played a Persona game before, I recommend you check it out.

5029 UDP.
That's the port you need to forward for people to join your hosted games. The method to portforward varies between ISPs so this one is on you to figure out, chief.

Netgames:
SRB2P is best enjoyed in a group of 4 over a voice call, but you can play it with up to 16 players using multiple parties! The game's stability can take a significant hit at higher player counts, so be warned.

Singleplayer?
SRB2P doesn't have a story mode yet (This will be the focus of the next update), but you can play any of the existing gamemodes besides PvP by yourself. Marathon Mode especially can make for a nice substitute!

Modding?
There is modding support for custom characters, custom dungeons and the likes. The modding documentation is available at the top of the post, and you can ask for help and speak with other modders in the Discord server!

Experience the flashy aesthetic of the Persona battle system, with a hint of Shin Megami Tensei buff system topping to add some flavour, alongside literally hundreds of available Persona skills and a varied selection of characters!
Find out and exploit your enemies' weaknesses to knock them down and get additional turns! Manage to knock them all down, and you can unleash the powerful All-Out Attack to deal massive damage and maybe just end the battle in a flash!
If you either finish a battle with an All-Out Attack, or within a single turn, you may even get a chance to get some more mileage out of it!
attachment.php

Crawl within the mazes of Tartarus. Ambush the Shadows impeding your way, earn EXP to get stronger and make your way up to and destroy the floor guardians with a party of 4... Or up to 4 parties of 4 in any given Block of Tartarus!
...Just be careful not to spend too much time on a single floor, or bad luck awaits...
attachment.php

Roguelike!
Is regular Tartarus exploration too easy for you? The enemies are too predictable? Try your luck in Rogue mode! Enemies will have randomized affinities and attacks to go along to force you to re-experience the thrill of finding weaknesses out on the spot whenever you want!

A climb to the top!
In Marathon Mode, you can climb Tartarus from the bottom to the very top with save point at each boss floor! This mode locks you in Rogue mode for an added difficulty. Will you find what awaits you at the top?

View attachment 55757

From Nothing:
Want a refresher? Try Void Run! A difficult alternative take on the usual gameplay loop, you'll start from nothing and have to work your way up to fighting enemies much stronger than you are using items and equipment wisely... Every character starts off the same, you're free to build them however you like!
View attachment 55758

Experience the many intricacies of how stupidly unbalanced the battle system is by unleashing your most devious strategies on each other!
You can also try some of the funky alternative variants of PvP, such as Random Skills or Boss Mode... Both of which are exactly what they sound like, it's not like this mode was balanced anyway, so let's go All-Out with the silliness!

attachment.php

Take on timed boss rematches and endless battles with up to 3 other players to set the best times and scores! Serves as a good training session to know what to expect from the many dangers of Tartarus! You may even get compensation for your suffering if you win em all!
attachment.php

PATCH (v1.3.x -> 1.3.2):

FULL DOWNLOAD (v1.3.2):

Windows:

Linux:

Use the Windows download for the files, you will have to compile the executable yourself however:
You can compile yourself from the source code. (Branch: srb2p_22) The compilation process is the exact same as vanilla SRB2's seeing as SRB2P only uses a slightly different .exe to get all the files added.

Android:
Unsupported.

CREDITS
Mod by Lat'

Additional Mod credits:

LEGAL STUFF:
No copyright infringement intended, this is a fan project meant as a love letter to some of my favourite game franchises ever.

It's kind of surreal for me to finally release something like that after working on it for so long. Although there isn't exactly a ton of content to speak of, I'm still incredibly proud of myself for managing to pull that out and eternally thankful to those who have helped me make it this far, be it by their supportive words, their contributions to the mod, or their everlasting ability to break the shit out of the game to help me find and crush bugs.

Supporters / CoAuthors

attachment.php

Join the SRB2P Discord!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Play the tutorial

5029 UDP.

Netgames:

Singleplayer?

Modding?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Roguelike!

A climb to the top!

View attachment 55757

From Nothing:
View attachment 55758

attachment.php

attachment.php

PATCH (v1.3.x -> 1.3.2):

FULL DOWNLOAD (v1.3.2):

Windows:

Linux:

Android:
Unsupported.

CREDITS
Mod by Lat'

Additional Mod credits:

LEGAL STUFF:

Supporters / CoAuthors

well its very good but there is some things that can be improved about it it has listed bellow
1. 2 set of skills{
you know that currently there is only 1 skill option in the game which is occupied by persona skills. so I want another skill set focusing on physical skills like sonic`s tornado attack(sonic rush), tails arm cannon(sonic battle) , shadows caos blast(sonic battle) etc.
}
2. adding 2 new elements{
this 2 new elements will be water and earth. water element can cause your opponent to be wet and earth cause them to be dirty. when someone is wet they get technical damage from electricity attacks(greater chance of shocked) and ice attacks(greater chance of getting freaze).if someone is dirty then they lost sp over time and get technical damage from wind attacks.
}
3. fixing characters abalities{
if you played blaze then you know what I mean. It makes no sense of a pyrokinesis princess using ice attacks then fire attacks . So fix her to use both fire and ice attacks(possessing general control over the subject heat).
for sonic allow him to use electrical and wind attacks which actually fits him(you can keep his fire power in the reference of sonic and the secret rings).
for tails gave him wind, nuclear, and electric attacks. that will fit a 300 IQ fox.
for knuckles gave him earth,electric attacks(because it fits with him shown by sonic RPG).
others are ok and don't change physical ones.
}
4. Making the story happen to the modern era{
well if it happens on the classical era then it will possess some problems. So I want you to sift it to modern era allowing you to set the prologues in the classic era.
}
5. Togolable Persona summoning style{
for some people, sonic holding an evoker on his head is very problematic so please allow them to summon them using the persona 4 style.
}
6. the story{
[It happens to be an event after sonic force. Shadow and rouge have been moved to japan for their work. they live in their personal recedence.
Then amy went there by boarding a plane with cream and her mother(She has awakened her persona by then(Aka at the dark hour in front of shadow and rouge(same for them))). so as she isn't coming to her original home Sonic and his friends decide to go there by crossing the sea by themselves at foot (Of course they are speedstars). before you start the journey you find yourselves taken control over sonic sleeping in a bed so there you meet igor and same proceedings will occur like P4.When you woke up you talk to tails and start the journey.You(sonic),tails,knuckles,mighty and ray will be the visitors now.(note:"Sonic want to do it just to see amy :-)") .then they reach there and the dark hour started then. they navigate themselves to there destination while forced to beat shadows on there way.when they reach there rouge warmly greet them and amy become very happy to see sonic and the dark hour ends for them.] this will be the subprologue (aka starting point) . in the story you will learn later that the multiverses of sonics and persona have linked together causing egor to communicate them and this is the reason why they can use persona abilities. the reason for it happening because of one of eggmans research of caos emerelds and the research of the kirijo group from the persona side. they cause them to link together.

you can attend a submission given you by Elizabeth(after you collect all the 7 emerelds allowing you to go super and hyper) which states that you have to defeat nix (the final boss of P3). If you succeed then the Protagonist of persona 3 will released from his sufferings and return to the normal world. His friend will become very happy to find their old friend. and you will unlock the max-powered hyper form for sonic.(Note the time is after persona 4 arena ultrimex)

plus you can add anything to fill up the gaps hehehe.

in the end you have to defeat the EXE((you know who I am talking about) who will be like a universe if nix is considered a grain of sand) summoned by the true culprit. and sonic and his friend defeat him. the end.(Note:"Like nix he was sealed inside sonic. but unlike the protagonist of P3 who has to become a door he just survive and no sacrifice occurred ").
}
Post automatically merged:

well its very good but there is some things that can be improved about it it has listed bellow
1. 2 set of skills{
you know that currently there is only 1 skill option in the game which is occupied by persona skills. so I want another skill set focusing on physical skills like sonic`s tornado attack(sonic rush), tails arm cannon(sonic battle) , shadows caos blast(sonic battle) etc.
}
this 2 new elements will be water and earth. water element can cause your opponent to be wet and earth cause them to be dirty. when someone is wet they get technical damage from electricity attacks(greater chance of shocked) and ice attacks(greater chance of getting freaze).if someone is dirty then they lost sp over time and get technical damage from wind attacks.
}
if you played blaze then you know what I mean. It makes no sense of a pyrokinesis princess using ice attacks then fire attacks . So fix her to use both fire and ice attacks(possessing general control over the subject heat).
for sonic allow him to use electrical and wind attacks which actually fits him(you can keep his fire power in the reference of sonic and the secret rings).
for tails gave him wind, nuclear, and electric attacks. that will fit a 300 IQ fox.
for knuckles gave him earth,electric attacks(because it fits with him shown by sonic RPG).
}
well if it happens on the classical era then it will possess some problems. So I want you to sift it to modern era allowing you to set the prologues in the classic era.
}
for some people, sonic holding an evoker on his head is very problematic so please allow them to summon them using the persona 4 style.
}
6. the story{
[It happens to be an event after sonic force. Shadow and rouge have been moved to japan for their work. they live in their personal recedence.
Then amy went there by boarding a plane with cream and her mother(She has awakened her persona by then(Aka at the dark hour in front of shadow and rouge(same for them))). so as she isn't coming to her original home Sonic and his friends decide to go there by crossing the sea by themselves at foot (Of course they are speedstars). before you start the journey you find yourselves taken control over sonic sleeping in a bed so there you meet igor and same proceedings will occur like P4.When you woke up you talk to tails and start the journey.You(sonic),tails,knuckles,mighty and ray will be the visitors now.(note:"Sonic want to do it just to see amy :-)") .then they reach there and the dark hour started then. they navigate themselves to there destination while forced to beat shadows on there way.when they reach there rouge warmly greet them and amy become very happy to see sonic and the dark hour ends for them.] this will be the subprologue (aka starting point) . in the story you will learn later that the multiverses of sonics and persona have linked together causing egor to communicate them and this is the reason why they can use persona abilities. the reason for it happening because of one of eggmans research of caos emerelds and the research of the kirijo group from the persona side. they cause them to link together.

you can attend a submission given you by Elizabeth(after you collect all the 7 emerelds allowing you to go super and hyper) which states that you have to defeat nix (the final boss of P3). If you succeed then the Protagonist of persona 3 will released from his sufferings and return to the normal world. His friend will become very happy to find their old friend. and you will unlock the max-powered hyper form for sonic.

in the end you have to defeat the EXE((you know who I am talking about) who will be like a universe if nix is considered a grain of sand) summoned by eggman. and sonic and his friend defeat him. the end.(Note:"Like nix he is sealed inside sonic except he just survive and no sacrifice occurred").
}
7. Focus level{
this will be a meter that will be placed after the sp bar. It will start in the middle. But if someone hits an enemy's weakness over and over and receives 1 more over and over there focus will increase. if its full then your persona and physical skills will get an upgrade like 2X damage or skill will change into something more powerful like sonic basic attack will become lunching the opponent in the air and go movie lighting sonic on him aka the ultimate move that movie sonic done on Eggman before sending him into the mushroom planet.
but if your focus level is 0%(as you have hited at your weakness multiple of times) then you will hurt more and a focused attack can seal your fate as dead. note over time focus level will deplete or refill overtime on whether if your focus level is higher or lower than normal and tend to go to the normal level.
}
8. Power Combo{
like sonic chronicles some moves can be combined into a more powerful move. (Please reference all of the moves of sonic chronicles hear if possible)
}
9. chao multyplier{
if a character equip a chao then depending on how that chao has raised the character will gain special stats.
}
10.forms{
you can implement all of the forms shown in this video to sonic and others if suitable like hyper tails, chaos shadow, super amy etc.
there will be a transform menu to access all of your transformations. For transforming emerald power is used.
}

Note in the story they won't get there persona while they have to go to the destination after they arrived at japan and looking for the recedence .
they will get them after sonic gets them by hearing the exact same voice and message the P4 protagonist have heard and the rest of them have to face there shadows to awaken their persona. The other`s shadow wanders at the dark hour and amy, shadow and rouge get them in the same way by facing their other sides. Plus like P4 they have to draw their attention there because there is some serial murder case going on at japan that relates to the dark hour/the mirror world.(Note: The shadows came to the real world only at full moon. and the dark hour only activates at the full moon too(aka if there is no full moon then there is no dark hour). And the crime place is the mirror world that merges together with the real world at the full moon causing the ark hour to occur. So they have to investigate the mirror world to catch the criminal(IT IS EGGMAN`S SHADOW which he comforts around the ending reveling that logic don't make sense with the fact and the true culprit is a fan character who has use eggmans shadow`s form to commit it so no one suspects him and he is a psychopath who is the boss of shadow and rouge and the place they live is registered under him(he is a step-uncle of rouge)(50%), and shadow(25%) and rouge(25%).Plus he want to destroy the world so he summon exe(from
) and succeeds by blaming it on eggman pissing him of so later eggman agree to help them))

1. 2 set of skills{
}
}
}
}
}
6. the story{

you can attend a submission given you by Elizabeth(after you collect all the 7 emerelds allowing you to go super and hyper) which states that you have to defeat nix (the final boss of P3). If you succeed then the Protagonist of persona 3 will released from his sufferings and return to the normal world. His friend will become very happy to find their old friend. and you will unlock the max-powered hyper form for sonic.

in the end you have to defeat the EXE((you know who I am talking about) who will be like a universe if nix is considered a grain of sand) summoned by eggman. and sonic and his friend defeat him. the end.(Note:"Like nix he is sealed inside sonic except he just survive and no sacrifice occurred").
}

Note in the story they won't get there persona while they have to go to the destination after they arrived at japan and looking for the recedence .
they will get them after sonic gets them by hearing the exact same voice and message the P4 protagonist have heard and the rest of them have to face there shadows to awaken their persona. The other`s shadow wanders at the dark hour and amy, shadow and rouge get them in the same way by facing their other sides. Plus like P4 they have to draw their attention there because there is some serial murder case going on at japan that relates to the dark hour.(Note: The shadows came to the real world only at full moon. and the dark hour only activates at the full moon too. And the crime place is the mirror world that merges together with the real world at the dark hour. So they have to investigate the mirror world to catch the criminal(IT IS EGGMAN`S SHADOW which he comforts around the ending (AKA EXE has summoned compleately)))
sorry for my english

Last edited:
So, whenever I try to start it, I get a "Process killed by signal" message saying that a segment violation was caused by SIGSEGV. Am I doing anything wrong during set-up?

So, whenever I try to start it, I get a "Process killed by signal" message saying that a segment violation was caused by SIGSEGV. Am I doing anything wrong during set-up?
Did you download SRB2P-music.pk3 and add it to directory with SRB2Persona files? This can help, if you didn't.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back