Not exactly sure where to ask, nor what to ask, but I've been meaning to host SRB2 Persona for a while now, and I had a test yesterday. It ran fine solo, but hosting just wouldn't work. I was working with one of my admins to see if they could join, nothing. Before you ask yes I port forwarded SRB2 and have been hosting no problem for regular SRB2. It would simply hang on "Connecting to server". I even tested if it was because they were running Linux and got someone else to help test and still no dice. Really not sure if I was doing something wrong or if there is a compatibility issue with 2.2.9 for SRB2 Persona

Edit: Turns out my friends just have a minor case of serious brain damage, false alarm, maybe?

Last edited:
I compiled this on Linux but was unable to connect to a friend's server. Using the Windows version (via Wine) worked though. If it makes a difference, the version I compiled said it was a "DEVELOP" build, but I just did "make" with the default setup.

Bit of a question, but how am I supposed to load addons into this thing? It's still good vanilla, but still.

Bit of a question, but how am I supposed to load addons into this thing? It's still good vanilla, but still.
Use the "addfile <filename>" command from the console. The add-on menu wasn't implemented yet for this release so you'll have to do it the old fashionned way.
(ie: to add 'sonic.pk3' you'd type 'addfile sonic.pk3')

• Cool!
Reactions: RDS
Use the "addfile <filename>" command from the console. The add-on menu wasn't implemented yet for this release so you'll have to do it the old fashionned way.
(ie: to add 'sonic.pk3' you'd type 'addfile sonic.pk3')
Alright, thanks!

so i think im missing something or i just dont know how to do it but the mod wont work for me i have windows and im using the windows version but idk if im just activating all the files in the wrong order or what but i need help.
Post automatically merged:

so i think im missing something or i just dont know how to do it but the mod wont work for me i have windows and im using the windows version but idk if im just activating all the files in the wrong order or what but i need help.
nvm

nvm
nvm the nvm i still dont know how to do it i need like a full explanation cause i have no idea how to do literally anything.

Last edited:

nvm

nvm the nvm i still dont know how to do it i need like a full explanation cause i have no idea how to do literally anything.
so what you do is put srb2persona's files in your srb2 location. make sure you run the application of srb2p and not add the mod files in vanilla srb2 since it will not function properly if you do.

so what you do is put srb2persona's files in your srb2 location. make sure you run the application of srb2p and not add the mod files in vanilla srb2 since it will not function properly if you do.
alright so you mean like take the files out of the folder for srb2p and put them into the folder for default srb2 then run srb2p there?

Lat' updated [1.3] SRB2 Persona: Multiplayer Demo with a new update entry:

SRB2P v1.3 Release

It's been nearly a year, hasn't it? Sounds like a good time for an update!
SRB2P v1.3 will be available in 0 seconds, have fun!

The download is available in the OP

I'd like to apologize for the time it took to get that update out, despite the time it took, this update does not add much new content, but mostly aims to refine the existing content to bring you the definitive multiplayer experience that I wanted to have on the first release. The next major release will focus entierely...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This was really fun testing during the 1.3 open beta. Glad to see this version full released. Congrats

Lat' updated [1.3.1] SRB2 Persona: Multiplayer Demo with a new update entry:

...Wrong full thread download file uploaded.

Accidentally uploaded the wrong Full Download version in the threads download and it's impossible to rectify this without posting an "update"

If you downloaded the full game via the thread download before this hotfix went alive (the version number on the title screen would read '1.3.0', please download the patch (No need to redownload the whole game) and replace the affected files.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, sorry for the trouble, but I'm new to SRB2 in general, so I don't know if this has a fix or not, but the regular SRB2 is working properly and this one doesn't.

Basically, I'm getting "SIGSEGV - segment violation" when I try to run the exe for SRB2Persona, but regular SRB2 runs just fine. I don't know what "SIGSEGV" even is, let alone how to fix it, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

EDIT: Ah... nevermind. I re-downloaded the files from the "Thread download" and those somehow worked?
My only guess is that something went wrong when I downloaded the files from Google Drive mirror. Maybe Google compressed them poorly for the download?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back