• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

1.09.5, A Final Demo Remaster. (On Indefinite Hold)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPR

HPR
Hey guys, I'm making this post to show off some things in my upcoming mod for users who aren't in/ active in the discord server. And to discuss my future plans for this project. To Put this entire project into a sentence, this is my project to remaster, and port 1.09.4 to the best of my ability for the 15th anniversary upcoming on august 15th this year. Currently demo 2 has released today for the 15th anniversary of 1.09.3 (predecessor) to 1.09.4 and the download link is here. But anyways, I do have some plans for demo 3 and onwards, and if you wanna keep track of development check out my Trello: Anyways On to my plans. Currently the planed updates for demo 3 is, Special stages, CEZ2, Record attack emblems, Level Icons, and match stages. And my lackluster plans for demo 4 is Actual Emblems and some unlockables. Anyways I'll leave some screenshots, and the discussion to you! (P.S If you want some more screenshots, and possibly some footage, I'm happy to give some more!:wonderful:
Post automatically merged:

Just to divert a ton of questions, Castle Eggman zone 2 is currently being remade from the ground up. Because well.... the level isn't that good to be honest. Most of the challenge is just enemy spam. But dont be sad yet, as the original will be an unlockable!

Edit: Note the build showcased on this post is outdated, there is a much better build out on the discord and I might also post it here if there is enough demand, and to add on shown above is the trello page for this mod, it is the most accurate and up to date information about the future and current situation of this mod.

Attachments

• Screenshot (350).png
    Screenshot (350).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 450
  • Screenshot (351).png
    Screenshot (351).png
    430.3 KB · Views: 492
  • Screenshot (352).png
    Screenshot (352).png
    894.1 KB · Views: 367
  • Screenshot (353).png
    Screenshot (353).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 435
Last edited:
I've got endless nostalgia for 1.09.4, more than any other old version of the game. I'm looking forward to seeing what will become of this.

I've got endless nostalgia for 1.09.4, more than any other old version of the game. I'm looking forward to seeing what will become of this.
Trust me, I’m dedicated to finishing this. At most everything thst isn’t an unlockables will be include, As I seem to have trouble with unlockables.

Trust me, I’m dedicated to finishing this. At most everything thst isn’t an unlockabl will be include, As I seem to have trouble with unlockable.
doesn’t mean I won’t try, however.

Last edited:
i dont think castle eggman act 2 is that bad compared to the other levels. i'd find it odd if thats the only level being remade from the ground up since i find castle eggman act 2 to be not very hard or bad. in my personal opinion its more fun than castle eggman act 1

when you report a bug, explain what the bug is. the creator doesnt know exactly what you're talking about.
Alright then let me explain in a short sentence, In the special stage when it boots up you start flying across the special stage and can't do anything about it.

Alright then let me explain in a short sentence, In the special stage when it boots up you start flying across the special stage and can't do anything about it.
knew something about the special stages would be broken, worked too well when I tested it out myself.

i dont think castle eggman act 2 is that bad compared to the other levels. i'd find it odd if thats the only level being remade from the ground up since i find castle eggman act 2 to be not very hard or bad. in my personal opinion its more fun than castle eggman act 1
don't worry the original will be on unlock able

I just got around to test it, and it works fine. I don't know what you mean. Do you think you could provide some screenshots/the special stage number?

Last edited:
don't worry the original will be on unlock able
The only reason I asked why CEZ2 was the only one being remade from the ground up is because ALL of the levels arent very good to be honest. I think of CEZ2 as a "open 6 switches" level, and if i remember correctly you aren't forced to defeat any of the enemies, the level has some armageddon shields and invincibility monitors (might be only 1, idk), honestly to me it feels like free lives.

wait... do you have the demo 2?
that would be the only valid explanation, since the special stages weren't there.

The only reason I asked why CEZ2 was the only one being remade from the ground up is because ALL of the levels arent very good to be honest. I think of CEZ2 as a "open 6 switches" level, and if i remember correctly you aren't forced to defeat any of the enemies, the level has some armageddon shields and invincibility monitors (might be only 1, idk), honestly to me it feels like free lives.
yea, all the levels were shit, but I chose cez because the entire challenge for the level was basically enemy spam.
though now that I look back, it seems a little unnecessary, but it shouldn't matter that much.

This looks very good! You didn't list a few things yet that 1.09.4 has so I would add:
Red Volcano Zone... yeah everyone should know this one lol, The 8th emerald, and when obtained you go hyper and get sparkles like in final demo (Video , and the wiki), And maybe other stuff like SA example zone and the other unlockables!
Anyways, Keep up the good work! Can't wait to play this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back