This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

HitCoder

Launcher Blaster
So in 2.1 someone made this, and I never used it. I've introduced a bunch of new friends to srb2 recently and decided that this would help improve their gameplay as Tails, as this is the "adventure style" of flight.

I rebuilt the thing on my own accord, after a 4 year break from coding lua for this game. Had to scour the wiki but got it working in the end!

You can toggle it in the console using the command "holdfly", per player, which takes the arguments "0", "1", "on", "off", "true", "false", "yes" and "no", and it's not case sensitive.

You can also just toggle it by typing it once.

I have 1 gif because I don't really know how to demo such a simple thing. I feel like having a setting/toggle for it was probably necessary (?) as some people may not prefer using hold fly. It can be kinda broken with how flight physics work, but overall makes the game easier, especially for new players.

attachment.php

Attachments

• VL_HoldFly-v1.lua
    1.2 KB · Views: 1,103
  • srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    7.5 MB · Views: 5,176
Last edited:
I'm more than fine with the "adventure style" of Tails' flight because spamming the jump button can get tiring after a while. I even think this is better in a 3D Sonic game.

Multiability has always enabled holdfly but it also changes flight to have Adventure-style acceleration. Forcing player.fly1 to a value above 0 while the button is held allows holdfly without modifying the flight physics.

The old 2.1 holdfly script simply toggled multiability on (which in 2.2 can be done with a 2 line P_SKIN lump) while all of the released holdfly scripts so far in 2.2 use player.fly1 instead. I think fly1 may have been a new addition to 2.2?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back