[>v1.0.1] Professor Asobin

Dimpsuu

Dimpsy
200px-ProfessorAsobin.svg.png

You may remember this cute little rabbit for appearing in most SEGA SG-1000 as well as a select future SEGA titles' game manuals, offering helpful advice for the respective game. Also making cameo appearances in titles like SeGaGaGa and... nothing else to my knowledge. However, he would make an appearance in Hi-sCoool! SeHa Girls as the digitized teacher to the 3 main characters voiced by a mysterious man who was found out to be the creator of Sonic, Yuji Naka, himself.

Professor Asobin (or Center-sensei) in SRB2Kart takes the appearance from the anime, being more of a Mr. Game & Watch-style character using various Master System/Game Gear sounds to go well with the retro style. While this appearance is only seen in the anime, it's the one I chose as it's simpler, retro, and is the one I'm more familiar with. Originally I was going to have him be a static image with him holding the hat, however that didn't really go too well with the Kart and would've been counted as lazy so I put forth more effort into representing him well.

His stats are 5 speed and 5 weight, making him an absolute all-around character which should go well with his more wise and helpful attitude.

Sound effects that were used for his voices come from Sonic Chaos, Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Labyrinth, and Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

Attachments

• KC_Asobin-R1.zip
    102.6 KB · Views: 276
  • kart0019.png
    kart0019.png
    322.3 KB · Views: 551
  • kart0020.png
    kart0020.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 692
  • kart0021.gif
    kart0021.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 403
  • kart0022.gif
    kart0022.gif
    183.1 KB · Views: 328
  • kart0023.gif
    kart0023.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 335
Last edited:
It's welcome to releases, though I am not sure I'm keen on putting an 8-bit character in a kart clearly not matching it. I mean, I got it with Mr G&W, but I'm not too sure if it works well here. Perhaps removing some of the shading from the kart itself could have worked? Whatever, that's just me I guess.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back