This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

AirFox

That Twisted Metal Nerd
This is outdated and is only here for archival purposes, please visit This thread. Its now included in a pack with other Twisted Metal maps I recreated.

A battle map that is remade from a PS1 Car combat game Twisted Metal 4. A map I started as a Match level for vanilla SRB2.
When I was showing this around someone said to save it for SRB2 Kart. In which I did. But I'm still going to work on the vanilla version too.

The map has gotten its textures finally! After me trying really hard to rip them from TM4 before, I finally got a really good tool to get them now.
(Due to the palette, some textures may look a bit off to what its suppose to look like, if I find a way to make them look better I will change them, though don't expect me to be able to.)

Even though I looked at the map many times to see any problems when changing the entire map's textures, there could be a chance that there could be some. Please report those.

Known issues:
Since its intended to have skyboxes on, a small few that have skyboxes off may see HOMS under the signs.
Other than that, there are no issues when I've been testing the map.
You must add this wad after battle plus for it to work at this moment, I'll fix this whenever there are more important things to fix. As of now, there are none.
Things to be fixed
Change current shatter blocks to custom ones to make them solid against items
Some textures to be changed.
Fix colors on building textures
Some texture alignment fixes
Fix Battle Plus script

If there's anything that I messed up on or any feedback that would be great.

Changelog:
Version 1
Released

Version 1.3
Adjusted a ramp so it would be easier to make the jump. Characters with high acceleration will need to break a little to make it now.
Battle Plus supported.
Adjusted certain item placements.
Breakable walls now have a specific sprite depending on the wall that breaks.
Some textures were realigned.

Version 1.4
Added invisible walls to areas that require the Pogo Spring item to get to
Made several potential exploitable areas hurt you when you try to get to them with the Pogo Spring item
Adjusted several item placements
Adjusted Some ring placements (for battle plus)
Added more emerald spawn locations (for battle plus)
Fixed up a couple visual glitches in OpenGL

Version 2
The map has a fresh coat of paint! Basically every texture has been replaced with Twisted Metal 4 textures
A lot of areas got adjusted. Sectors raised/lowered. Walls getting resized. Mainly to fit textures to their areas.
With those areas getting adjusted, items have also been moved around.
Replaced THOK Barrier.
Added more player spawns (There was only 12 before?!)
Added custom sky for those who love having their game with skyboxes off
(Note: Please don't report any graphical glitches with skyboxes off, as its intended to have it on)
Patched some more exploitable areas
Added hidden credit wall
[Hotfix: Fixed texture alignments]
Battle+ adjustments:
Reworked ring placements
Made only one spawn for emerald, mainly due to the ability to easily escape with it in the older spawns.

Music:Twisted Metal 3 Menu Music (TM2 LA remix)
I would of used the music from the level in TM4 but I don't think its quite fitting hearing a Rob Zombie song in SRB2 Kart. I also didn't want to go through looping that song either.

Attachments

• kart0146.jpg
    kart0146.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 373
  • kart0147.jpg
    kart0147.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 333
  • kart0148.jpg
    kart0148.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 259
  • kart0148.jpg
    kart0148.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 278
  • kart0149.jpg
    kart0149.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 313
  • kart0149.jpg
    kart0149.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 297
  • kart0150.jpg
    kart0150.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 268
  • kart0150.jpg
    kart0150.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 266
  • KBL_constructionyard_v2.pk3
    3 MB · Views: 322
  • kart0154.png
    kart0154.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Hmm when I went back and tested it it worked. You must add Battle Plus first, then the map.

I played this map the other day, and while the map was fun in a Battle game, there was one problem that needed to be fixed.

In the GIF I attached (I'm the green Sonic, by the way. GIF credit goes to Victor Rush Turbo), it's possible for players to jump up on top of the conveyor slopes with a Pogo Spring and camp there for most of the match. I highly suggest either adding an invisible wall or changing them into death pits to prevent camping.

Overall, this was a decent map to play in and I'm looking forward to your next update.

Attachments

• kart0000.gif
    kart0000.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 264
Update
Every potentially exploitable area is now patched out (I think)
Adjusted one or two item placements and added more emerald locations for battle plus.

Update
Map now has its textures from TM4 and other things I guess. I am happy that I am finally done getting those textures.

Any feedback would be nice to see how I did.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back