• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The, "Unique Music for Some Multiplayer Zones", music thingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lliteqiel ꙮ

Oh, What a Flopnik!
Hah-huh-heh-HOWDY˙ ͜ʟ˙!! Welcome to my Thing.

I'll be doing a music project thing.

You know how some multiplayer Zones share music with some single-player Zones, or other multiplayer Zones? Like for instance, Lime Forest Zone uses Greenflower Zone Act 1's music? This is what this here thread is about. My project's basis is to give the following list of multiplayer Zones their own unique music. Going down the "List of music" page on the Wiki, here's what I have done.

As you can observe, you may recognize some MIDIs here originating from the canned STJr game Sonic: Emerald Quest. It had a lot of left-behind music, and with my project here, it will be my duty to drench some polish on unused MIDIs and remaster them, so that they can be finally given a use in SRB2. Recycling unused stuff is cool! Along with S:EQ MIDIs, included are two (2) MIDIs deriving from a game that Arrow made music for, Sonic Legends (AngelIsland1.mid and LavaReef.mid). Aaaaaand you may thank Monster Iestyn for the rest of the MIDIs on here, those being his own-sequenced Sonic-series MIDIs. I use FL Studio to make these, if you're wondering. Welcome is feedback.

This will be updated every time I complete rendering a set of four tracks.

Last edited:
Hur, seeing the name of my Sonic 3D Blast Final Fight MIDI makes me wonder again ...where on earth did the "Onslaught of Robotnik" name come from? Or was it SonicMaster who invented that name for his own MIDI over on VGMusic.com all those years ago, hmm...

That aside, what you've done so far sounds good. I definitely like how underwater.mid in particular sounds, you've done it justice IMO. =) (Blue Heaven nostalgia probably helped though)

Last edited:
No kidding. Hearing that really brings me back to that night sky texture that wrapped incorrectly in openGL mode, lol.

For what it's worth, I've always wished there was a way to change the music track associated with a level without setting off isGameModified - not just replacing songs that multiple stages might use, and all. Would have been perfect for a project like this.

And the fact the current music choices are used for other levels, there is no way to just add these in it's own music wad without the music sounding out of place in other levels.

I definitely like what I hear in here, and I like the idea of giving the multiplayer levels more unique tracks even more.

For what it's worth, I've always wished there was a way to change the music track associated with a level without setting off isGameModified - not just replacing songs that multiple stages might use, and all. Would have been perfect for a project like this.

And the fact the current music choices are used for other levels, there is no way to just add these in it's own music wad without the music sounding out of place in other levels.

AH, should've said this when I made the topic earlier, but the WAD I have with the music in it also has MAINCFG, with MusicSlot specified to whatever map number the Zone is - Lime Forest Zone is MAPF0 → MusicSlot = F0 → have the OGG be named O_MAPF0M

That would be ideal, if that didn't set off the isGameModified flag. Which then won't let you join any servers or unlock anything.

I have more done! *smirk stare* Seems like nobody asked.

In any event, I'm now half-done with my project of giving unique music to multiplayer Zones that are currently sharing music with other Zones in the game. Read the first post for more details.

If I wasn't lazy, that last one should've came out November last year. School never doesn't keep you busy.

Also, please tell me what you think, or criticize! I already decided I more-than-likely will make version 2s of the first four tracks in the first post some time later, if that narrows it down any as to what could be improved upon.

[*]Thunder Citadel ZoneSonic 3D Blast - Saturn - Boss.mid

Wow, this actually sounds better than the official version. Your production is really crisp.

I'm surprised I never saw this thread before; I always thought it would be pretty cool to remake a lot of Arrow's themes in a soundfont, but looks like you pretty much beat me to it.

Last edited:
I'd have thought someone would've done a similar idea before me, seeing as how his MIDIs are just sitting there. It makes me glad that I can take action in this regard.

Vague notion: Music people are few and far between. (Coupled with being busy and the sort)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back