Can't render sides for fake floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezer'Arch

ArchPack 2.5 is on the way
Well, I'm doing some tests with fake floors.

Texture flats are okay, but I can't make fake floor sides (left sample) render like that FOF (right sample).

Botanic Serenity Zone uses fake floor too, but I can see fake floor sides. How do I make it work?

Last edited:
Your images are loading unimaginably slowly, but I can make a quick guess. Are you trying to set the textures by using the mid-texture of the fake floor linedef? It doesn't work that way.

Fake FLOOR. That's the point.

The Fake Floor effect creates two planes of fake floor in the sector. It does not render walls.

Last edited:
Intangible FOF > Fake floor

Really, it's the same thing but better. Maybe.

Fake FLOOR. That's the point.

The Fake Floor effect creates two planes of fake floor in the sector. It does not render walls.
You're both dead wrong. See Frigid Peak in my own level pack (or Midnight Freeze in Mystic Realm, which I took the idea from). Almost all of the areas of deep snow in both are simulated by fake floors, cutting down on the framerate-lowering properties of excessive FOFs. I only use intangible FOFs in Frigid Peak in places where there's snow on top of other FOFs, wherein the fake floor effect would not work. Fake floors are nothing like intangible FOFs and they do render walls.

I tried almost everything. How does it work?
Sorry, I should have explained that in my first post. Just apply textures to the walls as if the sector were actually at the height specified by the control sector. That is, assuming you haven't already done this and something has just gone terribly wrong, in which case I'm not sure what to say.

"Isn't it beautiful?" :-*

I set a side lower texture for "fake walls" and a side middle texture for borders.

Tets, I have owned the Lord of Visual Glitches for my win with your help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back