Suggestions

aurora1_wikipedia.jpg

This one for BMZ all the way. The first sunrise pic is also really nice though, but won't be very fitting for it due to the fact that it's well... a snowy mountain.

I agree with LightspeedX. That should DEFINITELY be the sky for BMZ. The one that's there now I believe has trees in the lower part, if I'm not mistaken, and trees just don't make much sense being that low.

-Add more ice-themed music. So far, we only have Midnight Freeze's music...

-Some jungle themed flowers to go with the jungle texture set.

-Maybe a little texture variation would be nice for Greenflower? Maybe use the GFZROCK2 texture, or make some new ones, because there is just one rock texture used throughout the majority of the level. This applies to the outside parts of Techno Hill too.

-Meadow Match and Jade Valley use the exact same texture set now. Make one of them have a different texture set. (Or, if my above suggestion gets accepted, only make Jade Valley use the texture variations.)

Definitely more ice-themed music. On the topic of flowers/scenery, how about some trees, like in the Mystic Realm? And some more dead flowers, not just one, as we have now.

Last edited:
If possible, a "rotate flats" linedef. It would work similarly to linedef type 7, except linedef length indicates rotation in degrees.

If possible, a "rotate flats" linedef. It would work similarly to linedef type 7, except linedef length indicates rotation in degrees.

Already exists. Broken in 2.0.4, works fine in 2.0.5.

Tails

I do not write English and so I use a translator. Sorry if you do not understand something.

is very difficult to change direction when flying with tails, and this really is a problem that must be resolved, because many times have I had game over because of this failure.

I also think it would be nice if it had a full screen resolution, to not be with those "corners" missing.

PHCC said:
is very difficult to change direction when flying with tails, and this really is a problem that must be resolved, because many times have I had game over because of this failure.

That's kind of the tradeoff you accept when you use Tail's ability to fly pretty much anywhere. If Tails had more precise flight maneuvers, not only would he be unbelievably cheap, but he'd utterly dominate CFT and Match games. People would complain about him in the same way that many people complain about Sonic in Race.

Tail's flight control is a bit like Sonic's thok: Sure, it's an awesome ability, but it comes with a learning curve. Honestly, if you're having trouble with precision, give Knuckles a shot.

R-O-T-Y said:
How come enemies (robots) can go underwater in SRB2?
They'll short circuit,won't they?

Waterproof joints, casings, electrical circuitry located deep inside the robot, ect. Come on... Eggman occasionally overlooks things, but he ain't stupid.

Last edited:
Hey, what about an ice-themed boss, like in Diamond Dust of Sonic 3D Blast? And maybe an enemy that's able to spray frost at you to freeze you into an ice cube?

The button is for opening it to put even more animals or to release them in his factory to put them in robots.

...You're trying to discuss logic in a game about fast moving furries taking down a genious fat blob and an army of robots? Sure, I like to be logical with map building and stuff, but...

If Tails had more precise flight maneuvers, not only would he be unbelievably cheap, but he'd utterly dominate CTF and Match games.
Well, he would if he could actually fly and hold the flag at the same time. Tails might be an absolute gamebreaker in most SP maps and the occasional Match, but let it be known that he's simply everyone's ***** whenever he gets his paws on a flag.

The tune Untitled 5 from the canceled Sonic Team JR. game Sonic Quest useable for an alternate snow themed tune for SRB2 and the OLDC

Damage - Ice

Because ice water =/= Nasty Goop.

Freezing State

An ability to put a player in a freezing state by an enemy. It would make them freeze in their pain pose, but with an ice block graphic overlapping them similar to a shield, and maybe making the sprite more blue/cyan-ish in a colormap way, if possible. After unfreezing, it would hurt them, just like in Sonic CD and Sonic 3&K.

GFX WAD detectors. This way you can add a GFX WAD and the game will still let you save and unlock stuff. However, unless you add the WAD again, the GFX will revert when you load any save files used with that set of GFX.

Allow an alternative action for Thing Type 291, Egg Capsule Center, after it has been activated

SRB2Wiki says:
(...)when the button on an Egg Capsule is pressed, spawns the animals that escape from it. After that occurs, the level ends.
I'd like Level Designers could have the possibility of choosing what should occur after Thing Type 291 has been activated besides ending the level.

For instance, after the player has pressed the button on Egg Capsule, a linedef executor could be triggered and then passage for a secret room with goodies is opened, a CECHO pops up, or something else a level designer might think of.

EDIT: Also, this would allow, for example, to place a boss arena in middle of level. After the player has defeated Eggman and freed the animals, he could continue the "mission" until reaching the End Sign.

Last edited:
<egg capsule idea>
Perhaps the angle could be used to specify which mobj type to spawn. 0 would spawn the default animals. If someone wanted to trigger a linedef executor, they could use a custom thing with A_LinedefExecute. If they wanted to spawn multiple objects, the one spawned by the center could be an invisible object that spawns more.

Teleport option - No height change

A way to make it so the teleporter won't change your height. With this and no speed changes and silence, you can make "wrap around" areas for stages, like Mario Bros., or Pac Man.

How about classic tag? where only ONE person is it. Plus you should let the admin turn spectating on/off since a lot of people tend to spectate when they become it and then just enter the game again..... it's annoying.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back