What happened to the midis?

Alo

jan Lija (toki pona)
I loved the old midis, and now they've been replaced with midi versions of the 2.2 songs.

I have no idea why this was changed.

The MIDIs were updated to reflect the fact that the digital music was updated for 2.2, it makes little sense to have them still be the 2.1 music. Plus, some of the new levels did not have MIDIs to go with them.

I believe that porting the .mid to a 2.2.3 file wouldn't work and that music mods aren't authorized as well.

If you want to use the old MIDI files, just rename patch_music.pk3 to something else. You can also make a WAD or PK3 file in SLADE with your own MIDIs named appropriately and select it in the add-ons menu, if you so prefer.

I loved the old midis, and now they've been replaced with midi versions of the 2.2 songs.

I have no idea why this was changed.

I think a few people might be under the impression that the MIDI variants were intentionally left outdated in order to give players an option between "old style" and "new style". The real reason they were left as-is was due to time constraints.

MIDIs exist as an alternative format in case for whatever reason the end user cannot listen to the oggs.

I think a few people might be under the impression that the MIDI variants were intentionally left outdated in order to give players an option between "old style" and "new style". The real reason they were left as-is was due to time constraints.

MIDIs exist as an alternative format in case for whatever reason the end user cannot listen to the oggs.
I kinda feel sad that the nostalgic old MIDIs are gone...

Just realised that if you remove patch_music.pk3 you can get the old midis back.

I'll note that: in the event that all new music resources are moved onto music.dta, nothing's stopping you from transferring all of the music data from previous versions back into music.dta. Sound and music aren't counted as "modifying the game" when collecting secrets or joining game servers.

It's really easy to just open music.dta and just swap over older songs that you prefer (or even entirely new music if you like), and the game doesn't consider it modifying the files if you do

I'll note that: in the event that all new music resources are moved onto music.dta, nothing's stopping you from transferring all of the music data from previous versions back into music.dta. Sound and music aren't counted as "modifying the game" when collecting secrets or joining game servers.
That makes sense. I was actually thinking about suggesting this if it wasn't already how the game worked. Does that only apply to music.dta or also music loaded from external WAD files? Are there any other types of modifications that aren't counted?

That makes sense. I was actually thinking about suggesting this if it wasn't already how the game worked. Does that only apply to music.dta or also music loaded from external WAD files? Are there any other types of modifications that aren't counted?
Music loaded from WAD files doesn't prevent collectibles or saves either. I highly recommend using a separate WAD or PK3 file to mod the music instead of editing music.dta.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back