Resource icon

Multiplayer Ultimate Mode - Discontinued

MikeTheDigiFloof

Creator of Online+
Remember that mode from a secret input for single player? Its back in Multiplayer

I introduce to you, Multiplayer Ultimate mode

This mod features two custom gamemodes
Ultimate Co-op: You have no rings and only one life, and when everyone dies, you restart the current level while adding one to your attempt counter.
True Ultimate Co-op: Same as Ultimate Co-op EXCEPT when everyone dies, its back to the first level. This mode features a Loop counter, which goes up only when you finish the game without dying.

Commands:
ResetAttempts - Reset the server attempt/run+loop counter
JoinTimeLimit - Default 5 - Set how long (in seconds) until new players have to wait till the next level to play

Plans for future versions:
Perma-Death mode: Players who die will stay out

Attachments

• srb20176.png
    srb20176.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 581
  • srb20126.gif
    srb20126.gif
    7.7 MB · Views: 883
  • VL_MP_Ultimate-v1.lua
    10.3 KB · Views: 781
Last edited:
How do you actually unlock Ultimate mode normally? Is this a feature available once you get all emblems?

Anyway doing this in multiplayer will be very fun and challenging.

You have to write "Ultimate" on the game start screen and press the game without saving, Icarus.
Do you mean typing while the intro is playing or as a "command line parameter" in a .bat or .exe shortcut (like for the original Doom)?

I'll try both right away.

EDIT: It's working, you just have to do it on the title screen or in the console

Last edited:
How do you actually unlock Ultimate mode normally? Is this a feature available once you get all emblems?

No, you can do it everytime in-game, in the title screen, you don't need anything, you just open up the console and type ultimate, if done correctly, the e shouldn't appear, and you will hear eggman laughing.
Although you could've searched for it in the wiki (http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Ultimate_mode)
attachment.php

Nice challenge you made for multiplayer, makes me wonder how many servers could acually finish it.
I could...
(ok maybe not)

Attachments

• srb20050.gif
    srb20050.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 3,317
No, you can do it everytime in-game, in the title screen, you don't need anything, you just open up the console and type ultimate, if done correctly, the e shouldn't appear, and you will hear eggman laughing.
Although you could've searched for it in the wiki (http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Ultimate_mode)
attachment.php

Nice challenge you made for multiplayer, makes me wonder how many servers could acually finish it.
I could...
(ok maybe not)

Uh, you actually don't need to type ultimate in console. You can do it while the title screen is showing up

Thanks everybody for your answers. As for the mod I wonder if there's one server doing this challenge right now.

So i downloaded the LUA and loaded it like any addon on my server, but i can't get it to work, i tried everything
-Closing the game
-Restarting my Server
-Changing maps
-Downloading it again

Is it just me or is anyone else having the same problem?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back