UPDATED New sonic model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willy105 said:
Dark Warrior said:
That's definitely a Photoshop effect. Look carefully in some of the screenshots. SRB2 isn't capable of that kind of lighting technique.

You never know.

Anything is possible.

Anything is possible, but as far as I know there are no OpenGL gurus in the srb2 community, probably because of the communities split population between software/OpenGL. And the fact that anyone who does work for OpenGL gets bitched at by the software players, who cry because they cant use OpenGL.

Blur would be totally doable with GLSL, as would bloom lighting and other cool things. I'm not sure if srb2's version of OpenGL is new enough for that though.

Willy105 said:
Dark Warrior said:
That's definitely a Photoshop effect. Look carefully in some of the screenshots. SRB2 isn't capable of that kind of lighting technique.

You never know.

Anything is possible.

Not in this instance. It's within the realm of possible, granted. But not within the realm of viable. That kind of effect would take just tons of rewriting and work on OpenGL's rendering. I do know that these are not local to SRB2, and SRB2 won't have those kinds of effects. Ever.

Eh, every time I type the code and click the download file now thing, it makes it just keeps sending me back to the download page... what the heck?

You have to click the "Download File Now". For some reason you can't just press enter when you enter the code.

fawfulfan said:
...are you typing in the security code?
Torgo said:
You have to click the "Download File Now". For some reason you can't just press enter when you enter the code.
I said in my post that I did type the code and click download file now, but still nothing...

Could somebody upload it somewhere else?

Could you make a version where the files are named "player"? That's what my MD2.dat uses, and for some reason I can't rename the files.

I have been here for a while and haven't contributed anything, so here's a Cel-Shaded Sonic recolor:

celplayfo5.png

92598321dz5.png

69245785as5.png

Haha that actually looks pretty cool Willy.
Maybe you could do 3 shades for each section instead of 2?

I hope you don't mind, but I think I'm going to improve on your concept.

Willy, I'll start you at 10/10.

Cel shading: EEW. -7.
Well-used Cel shading: +5

Final Score: 8/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back