Don_Patch.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

roboegg99

Here it is folks the wad I promised you, the star of bo-bo-bo, the main character, Don Patch!(hes not really the main character he just acts like it). anyways here are some screens.

More screens will come.

The metalsonic Image has been changed.

Download link:(more lins coming soon).

http://www.mediafire.com/?0qmky1q31mz

Bugs: His moving frames are kinda messed up from time to time(sorry about that).

when he stands he sometimes switches to his jumping frame(I messed that up too sorry).

Things he can do:
-run on water.
-can run a maxium of 32 speed.
-He should have a superform(not sure if I added one).

Well hope you enjoy using the wad, and I'll fix some of his problems later on.

Credit to the orginal makers of metalsonic(who he was edited off of, I used the replace entry function).
Sprites ripped by Harsh29, so credit to Harsh29 too.

Yay, I love it when people use sprites already made for them to make stuff!

And also, I love the fact that he doesn't have any diagonal frames!

And I love his speed, too!

And I'm not being sarcastic right now!

I like Don Patch, and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, but this wad just doesn't simulate the feel.

Rips and no diagonal frames, not to mention 32 speed.
I don't like it, sorry. 1/10 =(

You could try actually reading one of the tutorials on the site, or read the wiki.

EVERYTHING IS EXPLAINED TO EVERYONE, it's up to the person who read it to create what they want to create, and to me, it seems you haven't even read the level editing tutorial. You cant even make thok barriers... that's like, the first thing you learn.

I know how to make thok barriers, you must have look at my older wads, but I've learned how to do linedefs, thok barriers and more.

ark799 said:
Read the freams part on srb2 wiki.

PLAYB1 next moves is PLAYB2B8 not PLAYC1.

Its frames not freams, And I replaced, I didn't name the PLAYA1 thing myself. I'm surprised this topic hasn't got locked(sprite rip rule).

A) That could be considered backseat modding

B) Is it wise to admit that you don't know what you're doing?

The rules said:
Don't do this unless you know exactly what you're doing.

'N stuff.

But seriously, we're not say "dis sux", we're telling him what's wrong. If you can't recognize that, you might as well "KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, GOSH."

NeoxTheHedgehog said:
Hey roboegg its a cool wad i like it keep it up, and all the people talking about his wad just read my signature.
neo the hedgehog wrote:
NeoxTheHedgehog said:
*sigh* why do you people rant if you don't like it, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF GOSH!

Everyone listen to neo's words, keep it to yourself.
This is stupid! :x
The forum is meant to be a place of discussion, where you can get feedback on your wad. Without criticism your wads and your wadding skills can not improve. Even the rules say:
Releases Section Rules said:
...With this in mind, remember that all WADs posted on these forums will be criticized. If you don't want the public tearing apart your WAD and telling you what you did wrong, don't post on these forums. However, if you'd like to get feedback on your WAD, and suggestions on how to make it better, you're in the right place...

roboegg99 said:
This is why I tried to quit wading, everything I make fails.
WRONG! Instead of emo-ing and crying you should use the criticism to improve you work. I've seen you making several wads, but there are only few [or none of them?], which were updated or improved. So instead of making more and more projects after the same scheme getting more and more frustrated, you might take (again) more time for one and improve it with the criticism you got already.

Well... to say something about this wad:
Sprite rippoffs might be used for characters if they fit in well but most of them look a little out of place, so the idea is in most cases basically not a very good one. However, if you don't have all sprites you need for such a character it should not be released, because it can not be finished.
That's my opinion.

Morph said:
Instead of emo-ing and crying

Wrong I ain't emo and don't cry(I depise people calling me emo, and crying isnt my style). and I agree with neox I haven't seen anyone else make a don patch wad, and besides that some people(me mostly) can't draw that good(we're not all good at custom drawing).

NeoxTheHedgehog said:
ok for you people has anyone else made a Don_Patch wad? No, so dont rant on his stuff unless you can do better, end of conversation.

Telling him to improve it isn't really ranting in my opinion.

Robo, you still shouldn't complain about when ether you stink at wadding or not, but improve him, It's not hard to make some angles, get practicing.

NeoxTheHedgehog said:
ok for you people has anyone else made a Don_Patch wad? No, so dont rant on his stuff unless you can do better, end of conversation.
Honestly. You don't know how this forum works, so stop corrupting the young minds of other users. We support critisism here, whether you like it or not, for reasons you're obviously too blinded by your own 'logic' to see.

Example. Say somebody makes a really terrible recolour. You can do two things.
1. Praise him, and only praise him, and make him think he's actually making something good.
2. Tell him all the good and bad points of his wad, tell him how he can improve, and most of all be honest.

If you do 2, then that somebody can learn from their mistakes and create better characters. However, if you just say everything he makes is good, he won't improve and he'll keep making the same terrible wads.

And being the first to do something doesn't count. That's not an excuse at all. Being first isn't always good.

By the way. "End of conversation" is just like saying "Thread over", which we don't allow here.

Could this topic please go back to dieing now? Also for a fact some people, after hearing critisism, give up because how harsh the critisism, so really in my opinion critisism doesn't help most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back