I frankly don't understand the necessity to create things that are unreasonably difficult and the only way to deal with it is "suck it up" and "git gud". Next time I find people angry that players are flying over their maps with Tails and desire him to be nerfed. Wowiee. This is also a mod that starts off relatively fair and has a difficulty curve that sharply peaks at absolute horseshit levels.

I don't expect anyone to listen to me whine, but to any future mappers, please lay off the kaizo bullshit. Games are meant to be fun.
Honestly I kinda agree with you on this. While it was kinda fun to endure Pencilvoid's section, even though I was sent right back to the start, I had more time to practice with the section itself since the punishment was quick and simple. Namek though, really frustrated me, especially the walk of shame all the way back and by the time I finished it again legitimately, I was already too frustrated and just flew through Kwiin's section. EDIT (I forgot to put this in): My critique to Inazuma would be to have a less harsh punishment if you mess up the precise platforming on Namek. While it would nerf the difficulty, I just feel like having more time to practice because of a quick and simple punishment would do this level justice. Nothing screams frustration more than getting to a new section for the sixth time in a row and only have one shot to practice it because the punishment is so hard. Also, you as the player, are not learning anything from that try because you're too busy trying to get back up to where you were.

No disrespect to any of the creators at all, I love what you guys are doing. I love to see the creative drive and I urge everyone to keep mapping but playing through the 24h Pack again with friends, I couldn't do it again. In my opinion, if you want to really make a ball bustingly hard, kaizo tier level, be my guest. I just think having the difficulty spike shoot up to impossible levels after the difficulty curve was flowing so smooth kinda turns me off from revisiting it. Don't get me wrong, I love playing through it but I just don't agree with the design. This needs to be look at if there's another 24h collab in the horizon.

Last edited:
I frankly don't understand the necessity to create things that are unreasonably difficult and the only way to deal with it is "suck it up" and "git gud". Next time I find people angry that players are flying over their maps with Tails and desire him to be nerfed. Wowiee. This is also a mod that starts off relatively fair and has a difficulty curve that sharply peaks at absolute horseshit levels.

I don't expect anyone to listen to me whine, but to any future mappers, please lay off the kaizo bullshit. Games are meant to be fun.
I don't understand the necessity to complain about difficulty that no one is forcing you to play through? I for one had a lot of fun in Act 3 as a whole and my only real complaints about it was the slow recovery in Namek and the terrible framerate throughout. And I don't think I've seen anyone complain about Tails being used to skip over their maps either. You're totally welcome to play the levels you want to play, how you want to play them. And mapmakers are totally welcome to continue creating the maps they want to create.

I don't understand the necessity to complain about difficulty that no one is forcing you to play through? I for one had a lot of fun in Act 3 as a whole and my only real complaints about it was the slow recovery in Namek and the terrible framerate throughout. And I don't think I've seen anyone complain about Tails being used to skip over their maps either. You're totally welcome to play the levels you want to play, how you want to play them. And mapmakers are totally welcome to continue creating the maps they want to create.

My problem with this sentiment is that the 24 hour map pack was not made with the outset, to my knowledge, to have Kaizo as a focus.. So this whole "no one makes you play this" argument is nonsense. Other mappers content is completely locked off if you don't play through it all or skip it with a character like Tails or Knuckles which could force a restart if you weren't already Tails or Knuckles. And why would you assume that you would need to be, either?

Only struggled through 3 areas?
Damn Inazuma, robbing me of feedback! Haha.
(My stage was directly after his :dramahog:)

May have been in partial jest, but the post above Kwiin's NEVER addressed their stage probably because they never got it. Not all of the levels in act 3 were as bad as Namek, but they still force completion to see the rest of the content from other map makers.

I suppose if I could use SUGOI as an example, I was doing a no save run Knuckles playthrough of the levels and came across the secret earthbound one. No one FORCED me to play that one in a literal sense, but because of the way the map pack is designed, I AM FORCED to complete that level to escape it and continue on. Even if I had actually been playing a save run through the game, because I actually loaded that level up, for me to be able continue with more of SUGOI I'm either forced to lose all of my progress and start over again or forced to finish the stage to see the rest of Sugoi's content. This whole "no one forced you" to thing is nonsense when the shift of a portion of the stage's "difficulty" is so dramatic and they actually do impede you from seeing the other content available.

Basically to tl;dr, I strongly disagree with the "no one forced you to" sentiment because this map does not state that this map pack, as a whole, will be about kaizo nonsense. If this map pack was called the "24hr Kaizo Srb2" then yes your comment of "no one is forcing you" would be correct because then you know it's going to be kaizo nonsense from the start.

Anyways I like the map pack, I like the majority of the maps that I played in this pack and I hope to see more of this in the future.

Edit (Unrelated to the topic at hand): Okay genuine question but does every line break seem to be a double line break when posted or is that one just on me? It feels like every line break I make with the enter key seems to become a double/quadruple line break for some reason. Its this a problem with the forums or something? I'm tired of needing to go back and always keep re-editing my post to get the formatting I actually want when it comes to line spacing.

Last edited:
[...] Edit (Unrelated to the topic at hand): Okay genuine question but does every line break seem to be a double line break when posted or is that one just on me? [...]
That's just on you; Sometimes they triple, too, and other times a set of two linebreaks have one of them turning into two while the other stays as one.

I can't say whether this is due to the server-side message board software or the client's internet browser acting up. (I personally use Mozilla Firefox, and I experience this as well.)

For what it's worth, previewing a post in the advanced post editor "converts" linebreaks, after which you can delete excess ones before posting a message.

Good job everyone! Here's a few words about (almost) each section. I played it as Amy with limited lives, so any critique has that as a basis.

Potatosack
Pleasant atmosphere, and it felt much bigger than the space allotted. Definitely a good opening for the pack.

DylanDude
I don't have anything to say about this one, since there isn't much to do here than just collect the items laid out and proceed. Doesn't mean there isn't potential to it, though.

GoldenB4
Visually impressive and comfortably sized too. One of the memorable rooms of the pack for sure.

Lach
Nice job as expected! Genius gimmick, and while it's totally understandable that it ended up being a little unpolished, I'd love to see it fully fleshed out.

Marcos
It's a shame, but I immediately got uninterested in whatever the section was about when I noticed the enemy spam and rushed to get out, only to find out there was nothing in my way.

RazeC
I don't have much to say about this one either. The theming of the gimmicks is barely consistent and it took me a while to figure out that the Lancebot was the one that brought the platforms when defeated.

GomaTheMascar
I've been waiting to see a snippet of this map in action and I got pleasantly surprised! The timing of the second pair of moving PolyObjects was a bit too strict, but overall I got a really good impression.

Kaysakado
I was actually expecting a big challenge but then I got sprung to a tall pillar with two lives and then I just need to drop onto some springs to get out? If that was intentional then thanks for thinking of Amy players <3

Zipper
Very consistent design, pleasant visuals, and decently sized too. You can make good levels just fine go do more

Xelork
Enemy arenas are rarely ever a fun choice. Added to the poor sense of direction, the turret could still shoot inside of the glass dome while you're overencumbered trying to fight that mess and there was no way to stop it.

Mk.EXE
One of the memorable ones. I could have stayed a lot more time exploring the corners of the level due to how rich it felt.

Krabs
I could swear I got teleported when I fell off at first but then I just wasn't anymore and there were only death pits. The Pyreflies can move onto the dust devils and springs' fixed paths and cause very frustrating, cheap deaths. It's definitely impressive, but I got out with mixed feelings.

So2ro
Although there were Rollout Rocks at the start, there wasn't really an opportunity to use them, huh? It was a cute section, but unfortunately wasn't that remarkable.

Glaber
Thanks for the Bubble Shield! Other than that, it kinda felt empty and slow paced, but the theme is definitely exploitable.

Radicalicious
I think you can do better than this.

Man553
Lots of questionable choices here. This level wasn't made thinking of non-spin characters at all, and seems prejudiced specially towards Amy. There's no clear indication of what the colored FOFs do, and you can just skip the last section with a normal jump. Felt much longer than it was and unfortunately made me grumpy for the rest of the experience.

Sharb
Timing fast paced sloped jumps isn't fun, specially with characters that aren't good with slopes. I'm glad you considered the teleport instead of a death pit, though.

Victorles
Are there bees in your level? I swear one attacked me at the entrance but I found no hive. At any rate, it's a nicely sized little level, and it served as a nice breather.

The Real Inferno
You yourself admitted it was just supposed to be a minecart joyride and you're satisfacted with it, so so am I. Nice job!

Dead
I'm slightly mixed about this one. I get that you tried to signal the doors but what was with that red spring under the goop that shoots you face first into glass? The last room was definitely not a good choice, but up to then I think it was a pretty decent snippet.

Garrean
I behaved pretty dumbly in your section so I have to automatically give you kudos for aiding our poor non-spin characters.

Zolton
Your boss stays one extra turn in the fret state after being attacked. I didn't stick around to see the rest of it.

Evertone
This is a nice obstacle course! It seemed really challenging at first, but it felt really accomplishing to climb it up and try again. The last platform was a bit counter-intuitively placed compared to that red spring, though.

PencilVoid
Besides the bad texturing choice that can really mess up with your sense of depth while having your camera being thrown around so much, this was actually a pretty decent challenge. I felt specially clever when I figured out the blue spring was useless and I could just boost my way to the second set of slopes. Though when I got to the mace corridor of death I felt that was enough and just noclipped out of it.

Inazuma
I didn't feel compelled to finish this one. I don't think I can add anything to the critique but at least it's pretty!

Kwiin
I'll comment on yours sometime else when I find the will to clip through Namek.

Last edited:
I was waiting for this a lot (it's sad that I didn't join) and the stage quite gives the challenge. I couldn't even pass the first act as Tails! Anyways, awesome work and collab!

This was fun even if not all of these were winners (the more vertically-oriented segments, like the CEZ-styled one in act 3, tended to be really bad). Shame about the timing of it, I would have loved to participate.

I have one big critique though: The music. Oh my god, the music. It's a fine song but the 3 acts are fairly long and have some challenge to them - you'll spend some time in them, you'll hear the same thing looping hundreds of times. By the time I reached the harder sections of act 3, I was just about ready to break things until I muted the game and put something else. I get that the idea was likely to keep the filesize down and I appreciate that a lot, but it really wouldn't have hurt to just nab a few Genesis VGZs. Those are pretty light.

EDIT: Forgot to ask. Is there some Discord in-joke going on with the Pyre Flies? Just curiosity, I noticed them being strangely common.

Last edited:
this feels like im being sent to hell and back jesus fucking chirst
let me breathe there's too many badniks flying at me

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back