Angel Island Zone

Sirexer

200% MOTIVATED!
My first level I decided to do a remake angel island zone.
Why?
Because this level from Sonic 3 causes more nostalgia.
In a short time I will do other levels from Sonic 3 & knuckles.
Please do not discuss strictly, the first time I use Zone builder.
If you want to help with something, write in a personal message.

Attachments

• MAPQ1.png
    MAPQ1.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 3,664
  • Angel island zone ACT1 (Build 1217).rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,778
  • 2D Angel island zone ACT1 (Build 1217).rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,226
  • Angel island zone ACT1 (Build 1232).rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,926
  • 2D Angel island zone ACT1(Build 1232).rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,627
Last edited:
Thanks, who downloaded this level and appreciated, if you noticed a bug, send photos here

Last edited:
Hey I just played your level and I must say that I don't think it was too bad. There are two things that come to mind when I play it though and the biggest one being that "I don't see why this plays in 3D". I don't feel like you take advantage of the fact that it's 3D at all to justify it being played in that way. It would probably be better to make the stage 2D if you don't want to redo any level geometry. But, I think it would be fun if you translated Angle Island Zone into 3D by changing how you go about the level. So instead of a straight line you could have the player take some fun twists or turns that follow similar progression as the original. Being able to walk backwards out onto a beach would be a small touch too if you did it in 3D.

The second thing was the little gargoyle thing, which is meant to imitate pushing the block in that stage. The entrance to the hole is too narrow and while it's possible to get in, it's very annoying to get out. What I might recommend is possibly locking the gargoyle's pushed path and having the gargoyle hit an invisible switch that only the gargoyle can react to, allowing you to make a bigger entrance/exit hole. Since it's 3D, you could also expand how the room looks, instead of just doing the straight 3 monitors in a tiny hole.

Anyways, I did enjoy what I played, I hope to see what new maps you might make in the future!

Hey I just played your level and I must say that I don't think it was too bad. There are two things that come to mind when I play it though and the biggest one being that "I don't see why this plays in 3D". I don't feel like you take advantage of the fact that it's 3D at all to justify it being played in that way. It would probably be better to make the stage 2D if you don't want to redo any level geometry. But, I think it would be fun if you translated Angle Island Zone into 3D by changing how you go about the level. So instead of a straight line you could have the player take some fun twists or turns that follow similar progression as the original. Being able to walk backwards out onto a beach would be a small touch too if you did it in 3D.

The second thing was the little gargoyle thing, which is meant to imitate pushing the block in that stage. The entrance to the hole is too narrow and while it's possible to get in, it's very annoying to get out. What I might recommend is possibly locking the gargoyle's pushed path and having the gargoyle hit an invisible switch that only the gargoyle can react to, allowing you to make a bigger entrance/exit hole. Since it's 3D, you could also expand how the room looks, instead of just doing the straight 3 monitors in a tiny hole.

Anyways, I did enjoy what I played, I hope to see what new maps you might make in the future!
Okay, I will make two versions of the level, one 2D and another 3D, so that the user has a choice.

Whew boy, this was one Angel Island Zone I went through. I recorded my longplay of this recreation from Sonic 3, I thought it wasn't that bad for a recreation even with a typo with the wad name.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back