How did you come across SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you implying 8 months is a long time? Some people have been here for years, and I'm not talking about people like SSNTails.

Kaysakado said:
Are you implying 8 months is a long time? Some people have been here for years, and I'm not talking about people like SSNTails.

That's not what I meant at all. Just for that I'm editing.

Blue Warrior said:
Unlike apparently a lot of people here, I didn't hear about SRB2 on Youtube. I found Youtube on the SRB2MB.
Same here.

Honestly, I don't remember how I found SRB2. I just remember that it was when I was crazy for Sonic fangames and was travelling across the links of all Sonic fanpages until I reached SRB2's page. And that was like almost four years ago, and pages changed since then...

Brief: I don't remember :/

Doom video on YouTube - SRB2JTE video on YouTube - SRB2 video on YouTube - Sonic FanGames site - AcidGames - Here.

Yep... I think that's how it went

Well, I found it from Google. Not directly, though. I was bored with all my Sonic games and began to look for more. I searched "Sonic Fan game" and turned up a page that had links to many sonic fan games. I downloaded some of them. Then, I found SRB2. It took forever to download compared to the other games, but based on the screen shot (GFZ1) I knew it would be worth it. (Especially compared to the 2d single-level games I had tried before.) When I had finished, I was greeted by the ever familiar "Sonic Team JR Presents" and laughed thinking "Reminds me of Somari Team Presents". Well at that time, I did not know anyone but SSNTails and Mystic had worked on it. I immediately realized that it was using the doom engine, even though the web sight I linked from didn't say. Later, I went to www.srb2.org and found out there was more! Then on, I was hooked!

Years ago when using Google for Sonic fangames. I usually used the SFGHQ, but I didn't pay attention to the SRB2 demos on the list. After some time, I found the old SRB2 site. It had maybe 4 or 5 animated GIFs of Sonic walking, running, and some other ones. The first demo I ever got was Demo 3. It started with First Person View, and I just went to the end of GFZ1. I didn't touch the End Sign, cause I wanted to play it later. I closed it and looked for more fangames.

I was searching for Sonic fan games on Google after one bout of boredom. Took me to one place; "F-zero Download manager". First off, glimpsing at the name, I didn't think too much of it. "Sonic Robo blast 2 sounds like some crappy fangame".

Then, the screenshot loaded; I read the description. 3D? Fangame? Customisable? I immediately clicked, went to the site, and downloaded. I do not regret.

I found the game when it was in 1.08; eventually joining the forum around the time 1.09 was released.

Jeez, nearly 2 and a half years, and we've only got to 1.09.4?

I started editing WADs around that time, too. My original reason for joining was so I could ask several character-WAD related questions, as I wanted to make my "fan character" "Zhadow Nega (found with a glitch with debug mdoe in S3K; Super Sonic turned blood red, and his eyes, shoes, and mouth turned black)" (It was HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. Though I eventually overpowered it with the advent of extra abilities so I could use it for level testing.).

Soon after, attempted level WADs. Occasionally, the urge comes to keep me continuing with them, but it just takes too much patience, and generally, I only think up ideas for levels on-the-fly, and that doesn't work very much. If I make a level, it generally needs to be designed on paper before i'll actually WAD it; for example, Sunken Palace (my first, only, and seemingly last contest winner) was on paper... also, designs tend to change. It was originally going to be a Dark Palisades style map, then ir elaised the lack of water-based maps in this game. :P

And after going on too much, I seem to have detailed all of my WADding, forum joining, and discovery of SRB2. Wheeeeee...

I didn't really find SRB2 myself, as it was my younger brother, Aled The Hedgehog, who first showed me the game when it was Version 1.09.2. And when I first saw it, I was amazed. I didn't want to join the forums until the middle of January, this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back