Official SRB2 Ventrilo Channel - (Down until further notice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

Since this server was pretty much unused and the fact that I haven't bothered to bring it back up since nobody cares, the Vent server will be down until further notice. - Sonict

200x20.jpg

Spazzo has decided to stop hosting his Ventrilo Server. I (Sonict) am now the new official host.

Official SRB2 Ventrilo Server: sonict.is-a-geek.org:3784

Ventrilo 2.3.0 Download Link: (Use this instead of version 3 until I update the server.)

http://sonict.sepwich.com/Random_Stuff/ventrilo-2.3.0-Windows-i386.exe

Version 3.0.5 client - Don't download yet

http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

(Note that you need to have the port number and the IP to join.)

Vent 3 and 2.3 duel install guide said:
1. Install Vent 3 first.

2. Download Vent 2.3 files from
http://www.vinsent.sepwich.com/Misc/Vent2.zip

3. Unzip its contents in C:\Program Files\Vent2.3

4. Once you unzip the files, Go into the folder and Right click on Ventrilo.exe. Then click Send To> and then click Desktop(Create Shortcut).

5. Rename The Shortcut to Ventrilo 2.3.

6.(Optional) Right click the shortcut and click properties. Click the "Shortcut" Tab and where it says Target, add a -m

Example "C:\Program Files\Vent2.3\Ventrilo.exe" -m

This will allow you to use multiple clients. It also works with the new Vent 3.0 client.

Ventrilo Server Stats:

http://www.ventrilo.com/status.php?hostname=sonict.is-a-geek.org&port=3784

RULES

1. Do not hop channels constantly. It's alright if you just join another channel, but don't go aimlessly hopping from channel to channel.
2) Respect the users who you are chatting with. Threats and insults will not be tolerated, period.
3) If your microphone is not working properly, join the "Microphone Testing" channel, and test it out. There's nothing worse than a user whose microphone is making obnoxious noises in a full channel.
4) Keep it clean, guys. Swearing is allowed, but don't have every other word be one of them. It's best to keep the swearing to a minimum, if you can.
5) No "hacking" or "raiding" the server. This constitutes an immediate perm ban, regardless of what excuse may be drawn forward.
6) Join the appropriate channel for what you plan to do. For example, if you are going to play music, join the "music" channel.
7) Do not bug server administrators to be unbanned. This will not be tolerated one bit, and if it persists, will constitute an immediate permban.
8) Unless you are a Ventrilo Admin, you are not allowed to create any new channels in the Ventrilo server. You are only allowed to create channels that are unregistered, so that they disappear when everybody leaves from it.
9) If you guys think you can weasel around our bans and evade, think again. If you evade, we just ban you harder.
10) Please, use comments sparingly. They are annoying to anybody and everybody in the channel. If you must, use them, but don't spam with them.
11) I'm going to remind all of you that I chose to host my own Ventrilo server. It was never forced upon me in any way. With that said, please do not use the Ventrilo server for anything outside of the SRB2 circle. I'm perfectly fine with you introducing friends to SRB2, but I don't want my connection being pushed to the max for you guys to invite all of your real life friends. If you want to chat with them, use a public Ventrilo server.
12) The admins have all the rights to kick or ban you as they feel necessary. If you don't like the rules, don't come back...

First Offense: 3 Day Ban
Second Offense Week-Long Ban
Third Offense Permban

Server Administrators
  • Sonict
  • FoxBlitzz
  • SonicX8000

Last edited by a moderator:
You will be able to register, as long as I'm there to allow registration.

Don't worry, anybody who frequents to the channel will be able to get registered. Some might even become operators, if lucky enough.

Ah, yes. Another reason for me to buy a headset. A moshi pillow does not make a very good holder for a microphone. Expect me to be on tomorrow, once I get home from my little Spring Break trip.

If this new development is intended to be pretty big, this could use a write-up on the Wiki.

Maybe a little early to say? I wouldn't know. Such an idea interests me, though.

Hey guys, uh.....
Just a comment that i'd like to share with you guys.

I decided to start hosting this teamspeak server, after the resounding success of testing this feature with a select group. However, it saddens me to see a maximum of 3-4 people in there, on average. I'm not saying that every single one of you should go there and stay there (I'm serious about that - I'd predict chaos), but at least give it a shot. If you have a microphone (even if you don't, and just want to listen), come on in and see if you like it. You might be surprised on how fun it is.

Oh, and I am in need of a few channel admins there. *Watches stampede*

It is quite fun and much more enjoyable. 'Gives me a reason to have fun playing online again, actually. Though the lack of people really does suck. D:

I have something that will blow your mind.
If you plug in your headphones into the microphone outlet..... Your headphones will act like a microphone! :o
So if you have some headphones come on by!

I like this teamspeak server. It is fun to actually hear a person talk. When I'm in the #srb2fun chatroom, I always wanted to hear the voices of some of the people that talk a lot in the chatroom.

The people that I have heard voices of are:

SuperMecha, Penopat, Kroze, Foxblitzz, Andy, M.V.P, Spazzo, Flame_the_Hedgehog, Shuffle, and Torgo. I bet I have missed a few people, but it makes playing an SRB2 netgame fun.

As long as you guys act mature, don't do stupid things, and use common sense like if you were talking to a teacher or a parent. I welcome you to the teamspeak server. Otherwise, Don't bother coming if all you are going to do is bother other people. Any user in the teamspeak server can mute you and I do have the power to kick anyone that is being annoying. Yes, the server can also ban you.

I hope that teamspeak 3 comes out soon... It has a lot of stuff that will make teamspeak even better. I also hope that more people (Like Mystic, FuriousFox) decide to at least try it out.

Sonict

Edit: here is a screenshot of the most people I have seen yet on the teamspeak server:
(Click on the picture to see it better)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back