Suggestions

I think it would be cool if you put an option to change the 2.2 music to the old 2.1 music,I myself prefer the new 2.2 ost,but there is some people that don't so i think it would be nice for them.

Llitechiel ꙮ;823631 said:
Those people can easily just create a separate music WAD containing the old musics for that purpose if they wanted to.
How do you actually do that? By taking the music file from the 2.1?

By exporting the individual Oggs inside of the old music.dta at your own discretion and creating a WAD that contains those Oggs except all renamed for 2.2's new music naming format. Takes a bit of effort for however many you want to replace but it'd be a one-time-and-done thing

srb20000.png

I imagine that STJ forgot to remove this I suppose it was something I dont think is going to #bug-reports you know the red springs in the roof

In the software renderer, walls are shaded differently than flats (floors/ceilings). They both get darker at distance, but one of them darkens at less distance than the other. Edit: But sloped flats are shaded the same way regardless of the slope steepness.

Suggestion: Make slopes "fade" between the wall and flat darken-distances depending on the slope steepness. E.g. a 45-degree slope should be halfway between the darken-distance of non-sloped flats and of vertical walls, a 22.5-degree slope should be 25% of the way, a 67.5-degree slope should be 75% of the way, et cetera.

This will add some additional contrast between different slope steepnesses, and additionally make the shading transition from "steep slope" to "vertical wall" less sudden for half-pipe setups and such.

Last edited:
i have a suggestion:Why dont you add another character or resprite metal sonic.one of those would be great(mostly metal sonic).

Can ultimate mode be accessed in a simpler fashion?

I honestly love booting it up and giving it a try, even though I can't get past DSZ2. I think it should be an unlockable that you can boot up without having to type it in with the keyboard, no? Maybe have it so if you press up or down on "No Save" mode.

It is cheeky as the BS secret it is though.

Can ultimate mode be accessed in a simpler fashion?

I honestly love booting it up and giving it a try, even though I can't get past DSZ2. I think it should be an unlockable that you can boot up without having to type it in with the keyboard, no? Maybe have it so if you press up or down on "No Save" mode.

It is cheeky as the BS secret it is though.

You can make a batch file with e.g.,
Code:
srb2win.exe -ultimatemode +skin sonic
for a shortcut to start a game in ultimate

You can make a batch file with e.g.,
Code:
srb2win.exe -ultimatemode +skin sonic
for a shortcut to start a game in ultimate

This doesn't make it easier for casual players to use, though. I think it's a great option to exist for anyone to try, as tough as it is.

I agree with Soap, I would like if Ultimate mode was in the secret menu (like it being unlocked once you finish the game with every characters) instead of just being a glorified easter egg.

I agree with Soap, I would like if Ultimate mode was in the secret menu (like it being unlocked once you finish the game with every characters) instead of just being a glorified easter egg.

Honestly at this point I don't know how to feel about it, haha. On one hand I like it being a secret input because, frankly, what game uses cheat codes anymore? On the other it would be cool for the average player to easily be able to access the mode somehow. It's a legitimately fun challenge; it's been good motivation for speedrunning the game because it removes all distractions and just lets you focus on the most optimal level design.

An better menu for soundfonts

I think that a menu similar to the add-ons menu but for soundfonts in SRB2 would be great or being able to paste names in the soundfont directory would work too.

Not sure where to put this, but I feel like I need to put my suggestions for the MB Releases section somewhere. Cross-posting from Discord...

MT_FLAME's original post that started this: Hot Take. HUD mods that simply change the score/time/rings/lives icons should no longer be allowed on the forum. It's pretty tiring to see a slightly different HUD time and time again. It's uninteresting and simply bland. Misc section of the forum should be renamed to HUD central.

And then what I said following:
well, the thing is you can't change anymore than that or the game will be marked as modified
it really stinks

And then the part that actually matters: I would definitely love for there to be more sections on the MB though I feel like some mods get buried by other mods that have barely anything in common
and saying "but we don't want the releases section to get too specific, as there will be barely any mods in certain sections" isn't really a valid argument when the software section has like only two entries in it
I also find it odd that Lua scripts sometimes don't even go into the Lua section instead they go into Miscellaneous like what

SteelT then said: it's really inconsistent on where stuff ends up in

Then I said: I think making more specific categories on the MB could definitely help in this regard then it would be way more obvious what goes where
no room for inconsistency

And another quote from me some time after: I feel like some low effort mods have been let into the MB, and then it's just been a slippery slope of "Well, we've let stuff of this quality in before, don't see why not now"

And what I said before deciding to come here: I really wonder if we should bring this conversation to the attention of one of the persons in charge of the MB I think this would get overlooked otherwise seriously

please add a global lua variable "dedicated" that is true if the client is a dedicated server. Also, please add a version of io.openlocal that ignores "access denied" errors, instead opting to just return nil in those situations.

According to ~Link~, "consoleplayer == nil" already has that covered.

There are many situations in which consoleplayer == nil that occur for normal players. For example, upon joining a netgame, consoleplayer will == nil for several frames.

I'd be very happy if the lua variables in that link were exposed.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back