Version 2.1.24 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by Rob Tisdell on 06-09-2019 06:16 AM.

Hey all, 2.1.24 has been released! Find it on our downloads page! Unfortunately at this moment, there is no Mac installer, sorry. I will update this post when that has been resolved.

I also want to take this opportunity to let you all know that this is most likely the last patch for the 2.1 version of the game, barring some major game-breaking bug we overlooked. We have been making very good progress on 2.2’s development front, and I can now, with a very high degree of confidence, confirm that version 2.2 will extremely probably be done before the end of the year (Well before then, most likely!). I would like to thank you all for your patience in waiting on this, we know that the time between 2.1’s first release and now has been quite long, but we genuinely believe that the wait will be worth it. By far is 2.2 the most drastic set of changes we’ve ever made to the game, and we’re all very excited for when we can finally share what we’ve been making with all of you. Sit tight just a little bit longer, we’re almost there!

Oh, I guess I shouldn’t forget changelog:

• APNG recording should now work in the Linux/Mac versions.
  • Added the “banip” command, for banning people by IP.
  • Editing enchancements for music: song length, positioning, and fading features with Linedef Exec and Lua support (aka Digiku’s”MusicPlus”: see https://git.magicalgirl.moe/STJr/SRB2/merge_requests/447 for full documentation)
  • Fixed dedicated servers timing out after the credits.
  • OpenGL: Sprite billboarding can be enabled with the “gr_spritebillboarding” console variable. This just means they’ll always face the camera rather than looking flat as paper.
  • “localhost” now works as a valid IP address to join again, after being broken since version 2.0. This means people can now join their own servers without needing to find out their local IP anymore.
  • Flash palettes can now appear in screenshots.
  • Fixed crashes in netgames that can occur in levels from PK3 files.
  • Fixed some elusive software renderer glitches that sometimes effected lighting on FOFs.
  • An error message is now displayed if you mistakenly added a PNG graphic for a sprite or texture when you shouldn’t have.
  • The game should no longer be marked as modified if you added replacements for many HUD graphics, the game’s console font, or some of the graphics used in the menus.
  • Oh, yeah, and we doubled all the freeslots for editing resources, which was the whole point of this patch. =P

View on SRB2.org

Last edited by a moderator:
It still feels surreal that 2.2 is about to reach us and release within the coming months
Can't wait for the inevitable release of the fabled 2.2.

And as for the update, the upped freeslot count is definitely good news, it means I can now play the likes of SUBARASHII with a ton of characters without something going horribly wrong.

So apparently, APNG recording doesn't work on Linux/Mac after all, despite the changelog up there. Sorry guys, whoops.

I think what actually is the case is that if you compiled your own Linux/Mac versions with the libpng-apng dev packages, you could have working APNG recording. But I don't know much about Linux or Mac personally, so I can't confirm this for myself.

Also, I'll try and document the new features on the SRB2 Wiki soon, when I get around to it.

Yes, that's correct. APNG support is available to all version of libpng with the apng patch now. It should also dynamically link at run time, but I haven't tried this.

Hoping for the best. Different isn't always better, and prettier maps don't always translate to improved gameplay.

Wishing you guys luck!

Not sure if this belongs here or in Bugs maybe, (my apologies) however when updating from 2.1.23 to 2.1.24 this evening I noticed the following:

1. My Xbox 360 controller is now being read as a "Xinput" instead of being recognized specifically as an Xbox 360 controller previously. Not a big deal on its own, but notable for the situation.
2. Whenever using either trigger on the controller, the controls on the character instantly break and lock up into a constant movement along the axis assigned.

While I don't use the triggers much or at all, it is strange when accidentally hitting one of them and suddenly needed to restart the entire game. I will try to unassign those from an axis in controls if I can figure it out, but I wanted to point it out, and specifically here considering the controller was working fine just hours ago on .23 and suddenly does this the moment I update to .24

EDIT: Added Screenshots somewhat trying to showcase the issue.
dHhbVzu.png

rpw4S3U.png

B3Igxa9.png

Last edited:
2.2 before the end of the year? And well before then at that too? I swear I'm not crying right now... maybe just a little...

2.2 before the end of the year? And well before then at that too? I swear I'm not crying right now... maybe just a little...

We're all on the verge of tears... tears of joy.

Though seriously, to the devs, It has been a ride you've had. I've seen your timeline, and you've done a lot.

Let's all just have a ROBO BLAST (get it?) with 2.2 when it comes out, aight?

Wow!
All I can say is that I am so proud of the team behind Sonic Robo Blast 2. The entire team. Kudos to you all for making such an exciting game, and creating yet another great update.

Sonic Robo Blast is special to me and has been since I started playing it 9–11 years ago. It might just be one of my favorite Sonic games ever (even if it's a fan game, sorry!), and in general one of my most favorite games ever. It comes with a load of replayability and content (in-game and mods) that I want to say can last for countless years, too.

Hooray for 2.2 (and a new 2.1 update)!

I really love the new "addon" button in the menu.
I no longer need an autoexec\alias command binded to a random key in the keyboard,which is great :)

Version 2.2 hype,also.

Definitely looking forward to 2.2! It'll be great to come back to SRB2 and discover it all new again with the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back