Using Models

V2.2 is already out on december 7th, and when i beat it as Sonic Alone in Save 1, i was think i could use models in this version for example: Jeck Jims' Models. However, i can't seem to get the models onto the game. Is there a way to do that?

1. We name the folder Models and Models.dat

2. Even when you load them, they're a buggy mess, swapping to the wrong animations.

Wait for a future update, and they should work.

1. We name the folder Models and Models.dat

2. Even when you load them, they're a buggy mess, swapping to the wrong animations.

Wait for a future update, and they should work.

This helps a little, because I didn't even know the name of the folder to even TEST.

Edit: Little is right, the game seem to not be compatible with 3D models, I'm following the sequence and order the player.dta is and it doesn't seem to work as intended.

Last edited:
The models were made for 2.1 and probably aren’t compatible with 2.2 since a lot of stuff got changed. Gonna need to wait for the mod author to update it

Been searching on how to get the 3D models to work in version 2.2, this answers my question too. Will keep an eye out for an update!

Wait for the models' authors to update the models for SRB2 v2.2.
V2.2 is very different from v2.1, and the models that you're currently using are probably designed for v2.1.

The problem isn't them made for 2.1, the problem is 2.2 it self, I know how to adapt models by just changing some animation stuff, but for I can see is that the game is using wrong animation frames, even though I re-animated the models.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Jeck Jims is making MD2 for 2.2 so we will have to wait.

I tried to, but I'm pretty sure that we might have to wait for an update first, or a dev's answer.

The problem isn't them made for 2.1, the problem is 2.2 it self, I know how to adapt models by just changing some animation stuff, but for I can see is that the game is using wrong animation frames, even though I re-animated the models.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

I tried to, but I'm pretty sure that we might have to wait for an update first, or a dev's answer.

Ya, i agree with you.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back