Black Eggman freezing in place

Ackeneister

A SRB2 Fanatic
So I was messing around with Bandages Reborn, as you'd expect.

However, something caused Black Eggman to freeze in place just before his second phase.

Here's a gif.

srb20002.gif

He simply lost you from his sight. Since he has no target to follow, he stands still.
It happened to me sometimes (in 2.1 but still).
Solved by simply standing in front of him.

Why did it happen is... a good question...

Maybe because you used Bandages’ whip move, it’s possible that it puts you in a state where the boss (mentioned by Boost) loses his sight of you.

Maybe because you used Bandages’ whip move, it’s possible that it puts you in a state where the boss (mentioned by Boost) loses his sight of you.

Oh, so that's why he just stood there.

Is it like in a 1/5000 chance of this happening?

Oh, so that's why he just stood there.

Is it like in a 1/5000 chance of this happening?

i wouldn't say it's a chance encounter, it's probably just bandages' whip mechanics causing eggman to get confused instead of moving and attacking you
i would normally say it's probably because you can go over eggman's head with the whip, but that's entirely possible with tails too.

Maybe at some point you were far from him and hiding behind a wall? It's ridiculously difficult to make enemies in SRB2 lose you if they saw you at least once.

Now that I think of it, one of the few possibilities is that Brak Eggman was targeting your Tails bot. Then Tails bot died and respawned and Brak Eggman kept facing in that direction. You were not in that direction so Brak was waiting.

Last edited:
Maybe at some point you were far from him and hiding behind a wall? It's ridiculously difficult to make enemies in SRB2 lose you if they saw you at least once.

Now that I think of it, one of the few possibilities is that Brak Eggman was targeting your Tails bot. Then Tails bot died and respawned and Brak Eggman kept facing in that direction. You were not in that direction so Brak was waiting.

That, or he shot off into the air.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back