Post your pics/art here!

Personally, it looks like an interpretation of modern Sonic, postmodernised.

Monster Modern to be frank. I took everything that was bad about the modern designs from Adventure DX, Sonic '06, Spaz and Axer's (Archie) illustrations of the modern design, and the pingas spines and combined it all into one monster. Meet Porcuipine Man. In the finished arts, he'll have that unnatural shine that only modern Sonic ever had.

sonic.jpg

Crazy poses included.

Now what I want to know is how you went straight for the Sonic picture when in the beginning of the post we had a a Mickey Mouse with a slightly awkward pose.
gl

Last edited:
Well, here's a bunch of randomly selected pictures that I've done over the past few months, you can see how the style of the pictures changes over time, Kinda interesting when you think about it... Sort of...
I had a picture of Miku somewhere, might be on my other computer though.

If anyone's ever played TWEWY, you'll know that this guys is the most awesome boss of any game in the multiverse.
piface4.png

David Tennant as 'The Doctor' and yes, old 3D-Glasses are lulz.
davidhair.png

Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4. He is, without a doubt, one of the coolest fighting-partners. I mean, he wears headphones as he fights! :D
yosukehanamurabytimhans.png

Old picture of KAITO doing something stupid.
kaitobytimhansen22.jpg

Hei from Darker Than Black, just chilling.
blendinbytimhansen.png

Also Hei, but in his fighting equipment, and for those wondering, the text "Blend In" and "Deadly Work" are both songs from the Darker Than Black Soundtrack.
deadlyworkbytimhansen2.png

Kagamine Len in a generic anime pose, nothing special.
lenbytim.png

⑨, 'Nuff Said.
cirnbytimhansen.png

Sorry if the pictures are a bit big.

EDIT: Is it just me or are my pictures not loading fully?

Last edited:
Yeah, two aren't. The last and that one of KAITO. I dunno if it'ss a one off thing or if you have to reupload them. :|

Plus:
Greg the Cat said:
Monster Modern to be frank. I took everything that was bad about the modern designs from Adventure DX, Sonic '06, Spaz and Axer's (Archie) illustrations of the modern design, and the pingas spines and combined it all into one monster. Meet Porcuipine Man. In the finished arts, he'll have that unnatural shine that only modern Sonic ever had.
+other stuff+

Let me show you this...
I said:
Personally, it looks like an interpretation of modern Sonic, postmodernised.

It does mean something you know. Also, I'm confused as to how you think the modern design is shit compared to the original. The "shine" as well; it's an art style for god's sake. You're taking the whole 'hating the modern Sonic thing' a bit too far. Nice pictures though, detail is amazing.

Edit2: Shine first appeared in Sonic 3 if I can see this correctly.
Sonic_24.png

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090628223061/sonic/images/7/74/Sonic_11.png Bit big...

Last edited:
Nearly all reiterations of Sonic have been "shiny" to a certain extent. But that American Sonic on the boxart of Sonic 1 trumps 'em all in terms of gloss. I always thought that Sonic was made of rubber or something.

Yeah, two aren't. The last and that one of KAITO. I dunno if it'ss a one off thing or if you have to reupload them. :|

They all work for me every time I view the thread, including the KAITO and Cirno ones. Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to reupload them if some people can't see them.

Also, Sonic has a shine on his actual sprites, not just in artwork. It even shows up in places such as Labyrinth despite appearing to be caused by a light source.

EDIT: I just now noticed the spike log in the Sonic 1 box art. I guess I just never paid that much attention to it. :P

Last edited:
180px-Sonic1.JPG

The Sonic CD rendition is clearly the best. I mean, seriously, that just looks badass. I consider Sonic CD to be the "badass Sonic before Sega tried too hard to make Sonic badass".

I love that design of sonic. Sure the modern sonic may be "cooler" *wink, wink* but the Sonic CD/OVA design is just WAY more badass. Simplistic in design but still enough to be my favorite. The Americanized version just doesn't appeal to me, look at those spikes, they're litterally as thin as paper, but then again, I don't like many things Americanized. Thats right 4kids I'm looking at you.

180px-Sonic1.JPG

The Sonic CD rendition is clearly the best. I mean, seriously, that just looks badass. I consider Sonic CD to be the "badass Sonic before Sega tried too hard to make Sonic badass".
This entire post. All of it.

sonic_m_hill_by_flame_eliwood-d2zv2a0.jpg

To actually post something I made, not that this will get too much attention, I give you this. My drawing of Sonic in a (badly drawn) mushroom hill zone themed area.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Sonic's extended leg looks sort of stiff. When people run, do their legs go straight and stiff? Well, in an animation that would be okay, but not in a picture. It just looks weird.

I would like B better if there wasn't a line in the middle tearing a chunk of that warning sign thing into 4 awkward pieces.

Definitely not C. You should avoid using filters like Emboss/Bevel. Not only do they look generic, but a computer has no clue how it should best apply the filter because it's working off of limited information (That is, what defines the shapes, etc. cannot be determined simply from a composite raster image).

D is... weird. It looks like you were aiming to jazz up the typography a bit, but let's be frank here. Bending the one line on each letter like that just looks bizarre and rushed.

B tries to add some depth, but it's inconsistent in both the lighting and the dark regions across each letter. It seems to be suffering from the same issue C has, where you simply applied a filter over the image and called it a day.

A is the best since it doesn't try to do anything weird with the typography or with filters, and it keeps to simple, flat colors - this is often the best thing to do these days. I would, however, fix up those textures since they don't seem to tile properly, unless this was artistic intent, to which I'd argue that you should actually try to make it look more like the texture was intentionally broken up in places (EG. the seams are diagonal, random, and not in a set pattern along the borders of the image), instead of just using an untileable graphic as though it were tileable.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back