If Sonic CD was on Nintendo Switch what do you want to see on it?

The fact we don't get that stuff truly fill's me with sad boi hours.
On a side note, if Sega re-released the two Adventure games they'll probably go with the Xbox and PS3 "HD" versions of SADX and SA2B we got since the Gamecube days which means that they won't be the same as the Dreamcast version which also means that these will probably be lost forever (aside from resellers) unless Sega either redo those while keeping the things from the DC (like SA1's textures and SA2' cutscene). You need to mod SADX on Steam + a mod to get most of the original version's content.

You are very much correct. Sure, I don't find it as tedious because I've beaten the game way to many times, but it's still is quite frustrating. In my first few playthroughs, I could find everything except the holograms and that damn bad future generator in MM2. CD's level design really isn't best. Also, the fact that Sega probably won't a make full-on remake/definitive version or even just a re-release of the 2013 remakes and some modern games is very disappointing.
And this is why I wouldn't mind seeing a "Mania-ified" version of Sonic CD (assuming Whitehead is still working for Sega and that Sega are willing to allow him to do so).

PS: As long as the original game is still available to people.

On a side note, if Sega re-released the two Adventure games they'll probably go with the Xbox and PS3 "HD" versions of SADX and SA2B we got since the Gamecube days which means that they won't be the same as the Dreamcast version which also means that these will probably be lost forever (aside from resellers) unless Sega either redo those while keeping the things from the DC (like SA1's textures and SA2' cutscene). You need to mod SADX on Steam + a mod to get most of the original version's content.

Holy crap! Having those versions of the game lost forever would be horrible!

And this is why I wouldn't mind seeing a "Mania-ified" version of Sonic CD (assuming Whitehead is still working for Sega and that Sega are willing to allow him to do so).

PS: As long as the original game is still available to people.

Sonic CD has so much potential for a "mania-fied" version of the game. So many of the more lack-luster mechanics in the game could be entirely improved if only Sega was actually willing to do it.

Maybe it's just my memory being blurry.

Anyway folks, you should keep your physical copies of the Dreamcast versions of Adventure 1&2 and Sonic CD (either for the Sega CD or for PC)

The drop dash would work wonders, but the level design is to tight and cluttered for the boost to work.

I'm gonna say it once and never again-

Fuck S2 special stages. Sonic CD has the best Classic Sonic special stages.

-My opinion.

Agreed. Sonic 2's special stages are complete dog-s*it. Sure, the mobile port kinda fixes it, but the level design and Tails just ruin it. If you want a good half-pipe, then go play sonic rush.

Agreed. Sonic 2's special stages are complete dog-s*it. Sure, the mobile port kinda fixes it, but the level design and Tails just ruin it. If you want a good half-pipe, then go play sonic rush.

Sonic Colors for the DS is the definitive half-pipe experience imo, but it's basically just Sonic Rush 3, so yeah.

I still kinda wish there were a 3rd game happening in the Sol dimension with a playable Blaze but I also prefer Colors DS over Wii.

Tails definitively ruins the Sonic 2 Special stage so yeah, it's better to play without him if you aim for Super Sonic.

I also think the Saturn 3D Blast half-pipe are some of the best one (or even one of the best special stage in the entire serie)

But the thread is derailing a bit here.

I still kinda wish there were a 3rd game happening in the Sol dimension with a playable Blaze but I also prefer Colors DS over Wii.

Tails definitively ruins the Sonic 2 Special stage so yeah, it's better to play without him if you aim for Super Sonic.

I also think the Saturn 3D Blast half-pipe are some of the best one (or even one of the best special stage in the entire serie)

But the thread is derailing a bit here.

Yeah, we might get an infraction. Also I agree with your thoughts on the half-pipes. Never played the Saturn 3D blast one cuz I don't own any notable sega consoles, only a master system from TecToy.

What the port probably will be. Add the Choas emeralds and Sol emeralds. Require every single emerald and the Time Stones for the Super True ending. Sonic mania save menu. The Boost and Dropdash. And no time travel.
Edit: Also Sonic Mania Sprites. Just what they do.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Anyone here?

Last edited:
What the port probably will be. Add the Choas emeralds and Sol emeralds. Require every single emerald and the Time Stones for the Super True ending. Sonic mania save menu. The Boost and Dropdash. And no time travel.
Edit: Also Sonic Mania Sprites. Just what they do.

• The Sol Emeralds are fine in the Rush game but in CD it's useless because Blaze isn't in this game...
  • Sonic Time Twisted required you to have all Chaos Emeralds and Time Stones but it was a chore toward the end...
  • Removing time traveling would defeat the entire purpose of the game... unless you meant making time travel easier (like in Time Twisted)

Removing the time travel completly defeat's the purpose of the game. Also, the chaos and sol emeralds? The time stones are enough, cuz you can probally make a pseudo-super sonic out of them. Like, sure, the chaos emeralds could maybe make sense, but the sol emeralds just woudnt work. It doesnt even make sense for both gameplay and the storie. Tails is a good example of this. In the 2011 port, Tails had no cutscenes of his own, and this was both good and bad. Bad because his playthrought became dull compared to sonic's, but it was also good because it wouldn't mess with the timeline (before anyone says "but it's just a remake, dumbass!", no one even knows what's f*cking canon in this timeline at this point).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back