Is tails' sprites gonna get remade for 2.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knuckles' Sprites has been remade, Sonic's newly remade sprites will be in 2.2, but what about Tails? Is he gonna get remade for 2.2 or do we have to wait until the next version after 2.2? He is just gonna get left out.

Stuff like this takes time and effort to do. The best thing to do is to wait at the moment. It will be only a matter of time before vanilla Tails sees a complete makeover. In the mean time, play 'Lat's Kilometers if you want. It's pretty solid.

No, don't think so, all i remember about new Tails sprites is that they're only going to happen in 2.3, and that was since summer!
I mean, like Larztard here said, there is Kilometers/Tails CD/Whatever, but that probably won't be implemented even as a temporary placeholder after vanilla and before this eventual New-Tails, even if i do like Kilometers/Tails CD/IHAVEMANYNAMES' front standing frame than the single picture of the Miles standing frame that exists. Lat''s Kilometers/Tails CD/ThisJokeIsGettingOldAlready just seems like it'd fit in better with F-Sonic and the current Knuckles, but hey, that's just me.
Those triangle shoes, though. They gotta be a fashion trend in some country atleast.

Nobody on the devteam's really said anything about Tails getting new sprites, so I figure it's probably wise to set the record straight.

Iceman404 was working on a version of Tails called Miles. Whilst he's not part of the devteam, at the time we were banking on this being the official new version of Tails. Unfortunately after two angles of the standing sprite were completed life hit Iceman like a car, so the project's basically been stalled for the past year and a half (and no, we're not sharing the angle that hasn't been shown off). MotorRoach is extremely busy with getting by as well, and hasn't been able to put much time into SRB2 characters since Fucking Sonic was completed. Whilst it would be nice for him to be able to finish what Iceman started, it's unlikely that life would let this happen any time soon. As for the other spriters on the devteam, they're intimidated by the scale of work a new version of Tails would require.

Then we get to Kilometers. Lat's put a lot of effort into this, but... we had a vote, and it was decided that we don't want to repeat 2.0's mediocre Sonic-edit Knuckles and sacrifice quality just because something's completed already. We're sticking with AJ's work until a proper replacement is complete.

Hopefully this will be a handy resource to point to whenever the question comes up again (inevitably, as it will) in the future.

EDIT: c:

Last edited:
Well, that sucks.

Better hope that it'll be just as good as Kilometres then. :T

(It's not gonna be, is it?)

Can you at least use the thing where Tails' tails are a seperate entity from himself so they're properly animated when he does finally get a redo? It would look so much better than if Tails' tails stayed static while he stood there.

Last edited:
Well, that sucks.

Better hope that it'll be just as good as Kilometres then. :T

(It's not gonna be, is it?)

Lat's put a lot of effort into this, but... we had a vote, and it was decided that we don't want to repeat 2.0's mediocre Sonic-edit Knuckles and sacrifice quality just because something's completed already. We're sticking with AJ's work until a proper replacement is complete.

Proper replacement sounds like it would have to be better than Kilometers.

Last edited:
Tails sprites have been updated in... 2001? I think.
I really hope a HUGE REVAMP of SRB2 in this release. New gametypes, server pings and synchs fixed, new sprites, dear Pope RedXVI, what should Sonic Team Jr. do?!
If that doesn't happens, I will wait for ACZ 2 & 3, and RVZ 2 & 3, also. (maybe Dark Ci... ok nope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back