Giberish4

Rip 2.1 Match/CTF
I've always wanted to do this, so here we go!

In these vanilla levels, you will have to race Metal Sonic to the goal, or PERISH!https://mb.srb2.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=44350&stc=1&d=1608890122
It's in every playable level but Azure Temple Zone, as I prefer not to smash a hammer into my monitor and call it a Christmas Gift for the monitor.
Special Thanks to:
antonretrojr
yfyfyfyfyfy
CST1229
Rafael44642
They helped on the way and I wouldn't have completed this mod without them.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15JSYvJ72vdSofwMMSh54Sewklo12JliI/view?usp=sharing
An easier version where Metal Sonic uses his ability less is coming out soon, so keep that in mind.
V3 includes:
Azure Temple Zone is now another race level
Fixed DSZ 2 Metal Sonic bug
BCZ 3 is now possible to beat (Don't ask why it wasn't earlier)
Custom Saves
Super transform sectors in every boss act except the Trolling Zone so you can get the job done quicker if you got all 7 emeralds

Supporters/Co-Authors:

Attachments

• srb20012.gif
    srb20012.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 4,809
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! I do like the concept of a Time Attack mod with a Metal Sonic ghost throughout the entirety of the main campaign but with some races, you have to be very precise on your timing or else you perish.

I actually had this same idea before, it's good that someone finnaly did this.

Good job, keep going!

Ah sweet, I remember when I saw your announcement teaser on the mod and I love it in general.
Great job dude

(metal sonic fans are finally making metal sonic related mods which puts a smile on my face)

It was nice to contribute to the project! The final result is worth a try, it's really fun, especially when you just wait for Metal to finish so that Tails dies XD

Although you could've had the music for some of the boss levels replaced. (Even then I somehow got a SIGFPE in GFZ3)

Awww, thanks everyone! I'm glad you all enjoy the mod and thank you all for the support.
P.S. In multiplayer, when going to ACZ 3, the map mapSK -force in console. There's a little surprise, heh heh... but it's recommended for multiplayer only.

...how is this thing 50 megabytes? Jesus.

I was hoping something like this would spring up one day, and I did enjoy it quite a bit. The bad parts for me would have to be the bosses - it just gets tedious to be fighting Metal Sonic over and over again. I think all the Act 3s should just be skipped. I also thought the experience overall was a bit on the easy side. Maybe when you make the "easy mode" you mentioned, you could also make a "hard mode" for masochists like me, yes?

I also thought the experience overall was a bit on the easy side. Maybe when you make the "easy mode" you mentioned, you could also make a "hard mode" for masochists like me, yes?
You thought this was easy!? Boyyyyy. Maybe I need to practice more...

What a great idea! Will this mod ever be compatible with multiplayer race maps? It’s be nice to race metal Sonic anywhere including modded levels. Also, is it possible to replace metal with anyone else via botskin?

What a great idea! Will this mod ever be compatible with multiplayer race maps? It’s be nice to race metal Sonic anywhere including modded levels. Also, is it possible to replace metal with anyone else via botskin?

Technically, Metal Sonic is a recorded demo, so I think it would be a bad idea to replace it with someone else, because only Metal Sonic can hover.

Oh. I was under the impression that it was a bot.

More like a ghost, I think. Can't interact with them. They have a preset path that they always do the same way every time. Changing them to another character would probably get them stuck on a wall or something.

Last edited:
More like a ghost, I think. Can't interact with them. They have a present path that they always do the same what my every time. Changing them to another character would probably get them stuck on a wall or something.
No, they would probably just phase through the wall. This was an issue when replacing metal sonic in levels where it didn't save, as the replay was already put in and if I placed him in the wrong place, he would phase through the walls and obstacles. I'm already worrying that it's gonna happen in the official release.

Aww man you beat me to it.
I'm not much of a coder so of course you did...
Then again, this mod looks amazing! You must have worked hard on this.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back