recently my version of Modern Sonic is having various problems:
1) The hud does not appear
2) the moves don't work (only walljump works, but not crouching, sliding, boost, tricks and homing attack)
3) it gives me errors that I don't understand
can you tell me why this happens to me?
possible reason 1: Xmomentum done something to the PK3 File
possible reason 2: the official Sonic 06 ports might have done something to the PK3 File
is there a way to reset Modern Sonic stats to see if it's possible to revert back from the default version?

I just tested this myself, and can confirm that you're most definitely playing on the wrong version of the game.

I played on SRB2 v2.2.8, with Modern 5.11 and the latest version of both XMomentum and the 06 ports, and didn't run into a single one of these issues.

Been a while since I've played SRB2 but, it's been a really nice mod to come back to once in a while (despite me literately milking the game dry). I really had a blast back when this whole passion project of a mod was still on version 3.1. I'm excited to hear Motdspork and a few others are working on another character. I'm genuinely excited for the future beyond this mod by now!

Those arent spring sprites, those are his slow float sprites. He actually doesn't have special spring frames while super strangely enough.

I took a bit of a closer look at the "Lapis" color bundled with the mod and compared it to the two colors closest to it in the default color selection, Blue and Cobalt.

It comes very close to Cobalt in such a way that you could probably change the prefcolor to it and it wouldn't look much different on Modern Sonic. Otherwise the only noticeable difference between the two colors is the invcolor.

This is by far the best Modern Sonic mod I've seen for Srb2, it has so many little details to it.

One of my favorite being how when you have all Chaos emeralds and the Colors hud, the emeralds are in wisp bar. (I'm just really nostalgic for Sonic colors) ;_;

Anyways my point is this mod is almost perfect, there's just one thing that I think is a tiny error.

It's really small but I noticed it. Super Sonic has this little black dot on him sometimes.

srb20026.png

The SHIT Hud will always be best hud, its so underrated nlg.

[command is ''hudstyle shit''].

i still think modern sonic is very overrated lol

Attachments

• srb20178.jpg
    srb20178.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Some Custom Skincolors just don't work with Modern Sonic's rushglow, the ones I'm using aren't animated or none of that. They're just normal custom skincolors. I've typed it correctly in the command bar. I don't know why but could someone help me out?

In screenshot no. 4, there is this Hooming Attack and Light Speed Dash section. May I know from what level it is?

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

think I found a bug with the slide move
attachment.php

Haha slide go brr

Some Custom Skincolors just don't work with Modern Sonic's rushglow, the ones I'm using aren't animated or none of that. They're just normal custom skincolors. I've typed it correctly in the command bar. I don't know why but could someone help me out?
Do they contain spaces? The console doesn't quite like names of colors with spaces. Try putting the name in quotes or replacing the space with an underscore.
In screenshot no. 4, there is this Hooming Attack and Light Speed Dash section. May I know from what level it is?
Could be a recreation of Generations' GHZ Act 1. Idk.

Do they contain spaces? The console doesn't quite like names of colors with spaces. Try putting the name in quotes or replacing the space with an underscore.

Could be a recreation of Generations' GHZ Act 1. Idk.

I would love that. Generations was my first game so that would be a treat.

I have some gameplay of the mod but it's crap don't click
The link
Link:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

A rickroll may be funny here and there but this violates rule 8 of the forum rules so please don't do this kinda stuff again, the reason why I'm telling you this is because if the moderators and or admims come over then they will surely at least give you a warning (so don't worry this isn't backseat moderating)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back