SRB2 except you're colorblind.

[Open Assets] SRB2 except you're colorblind. 2021-03-04

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Twins'R'Okay

Mid-tier Pixel Artist
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

theres something wrong with srb2 and i cant quite put my finger on it
attachment.php

This is pretty much a bunch of palettes that emulate different types of colorblindness. They're all client-sided so you can bring them online and pretend that you are totally, really, ACTUALLY colorblind, trust me :^).

dont ask me why i made this im bored

Attachments

• srb20228.png
    srb20228.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 3,998
  • srb2colorblind-v1.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
This mod doesn't work. When I enter the game (level), the game crashes.

Z_Free: wrong id

UPD1: As I understand it, some palettes work and some don't.

UPD2: Yes, I made the correct guess. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Attachments

• log-2021-01-05_18-53-16.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 217
I do *not* know what's causing it. Before this got into releases, one of the devs told me it was a bug relating to the colormaps having more rows than it should, which is already fixed so.....

Okay, anyway, I have no vision problems, so I don't need this addon.

Also, sometimes the game crashes due to sig segvs.

I wanted to test this out of interest

Okay, anyway, I have no vision problems, so I don't need this addon.

Also, sometimes the game crashes due to sig segvs.

I wanted to test this out of interest

The purpose of this was to have pals based on different types of color blindness.

For the crashes themselves, I literally ram through each palette twice before releasing with no issues... This is really strange.

About the palette crashes, it happens with most palette mods unless you load the file when the game launches, not while ingame (using the -file parameter or a launcher). It'll work 100% of the time using it that way.
Using the addfile command in autoexec.cfg doesn't work.

Interesting palettes. Now I get to feel what some of my friends does. x:

Is it a wad made for people who are suffering from Daltonism?

Because it's not very funny to try replicating an ocular issue.

Is it a wad made for people who are suffering from Daltonism?

Because it's not very funny to try replicating an ocular issue.
It's made to replicate variants of colorblindness, but not really as a joke either. I guess it could help with understanding how people with color blindness variants see things? IDK.

It's made to replicate variants of colorblindness, but not really as a joke either. I guess it could help with understanding how people with color blindness variants see things? IDK.
its a nice mod, it nice and mabye on for others as well? srb2 should realy make a feature like this in the base game

That's an interesting view.

Still, hopefully we'll get several colourblind-friendly modes included in the base game eventually.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back