Unofficial v2.2 Discussion Thread

If I'm remembering correctly, the new setup is Directionchar with WASD for movement, space for jump, left shift for spin, and autobrake is off by default. Sounds good to me.

Autobrake is actually on by default, because it's a tool designed to assist newbies. Most of you will probably want to turn it off, as it's removes some control options that you likely have already gotten used to.

The purpose of default settings is to be a good starting point for those that don't know what they want yet. Hence they're designed to be as newbie-friendly as possible.

To reiterate and better clarify, in case it wasn't clear when I first posted: Find another topic to talk about regarding 2.2 than the benefits of analog/not analog, keyboard only/not keyboard only, etc. I just removed a few posts regarding this.

Last edited:
Here's a topic change suggestion: What impact do you think 2.2 will have on the SRB2 community? Will more people be pushed away from the drastic changes than towards? What will release day be like?

drastic changes
Personally I don't think they're so drastic, sure the levels look better and will probably be more fun to play especially with the use of slopes and all the shiny new gimmicks and whatnot but everything else still feels SRB2-ish enough for me judging by what was revealed so far, some QOL improvements here and there will not be alienating like major overhauls to entire systems of the game and that's totally okay.

Last edited:
I feel like modding will have a higher standard, this i feel is bad since there could be a chance that newcomers will be put off by modding and say "Ohh i cant do this"

Even i feel quite intimidated by the overall higher standard but it doesnt hurt to try, eh?

Some people have said they feel like this is fine cos then we'll get higher quality content which i cant really argue with.

This probably has been asked before, so my apologies if I'm causing any unnecessary repetition, but are there any plans to reinstate the Official Level Design Contest after the release of 2.2, and if yes, will there be given ample time for mappers as rusty as myself to adjust to its new features beforehand?

Here we go

GENTLEMEN

ITS TIME

HYPE.png

12/7/2019

DON'T BE LATE
(welp this got invalidated by the announcement post rip)

Last edited:
Eh I think Vinny played SRB2Kart because it was a Kart Racer, and he and Joel both only saw the regular game because it was included in big packs of Doom stuff. I doubt either of them would seek it out on their own.

I think some of those are going to be a lot more real than they should be. I certainly chuckled quite a bit.

DON'T BE LATE

Same to you. ;)

Also @Wumbo: "Mystic Realm port" should have been the free space lol

I wonder if (hope!) Grand Eggship is going to make any sort of appearance now, even if just as a small teaser. They did show a part of it off in the past, though the picture is long gone and who knows if anyone still has it.

A moment of silence for our fallen titan @is_22_out_yet. Fortunately, I was able to collect the five countdown screenshots that were posted the bot came crashing down: EDIT: It's back now, keeping screenshots just in case it disappears again

zes9zIt.png

7oYDg6i.png

Ua9mebo.png

KYAwDzN.png

IvfRjAL.png

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back