SRB1 thing I must know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
Srb1 and 2d mode have notable differences. I'm making a 2d level pack, but I was wondering if I should make it Srb1 mode.
Here comes the question!

If I do, will people who haven't unlocked Srb1 it be able to play it? I could've sworn I read this somewhere else.

And, of course, I forgot to post in editing help.
I'm on the verge of giving up on putting my topics in the right place. :P

SRB1 mode requires people to unlock it. this means the if you have a mod with its own save file, you may need the required emblems just to get the stages with that mode to work. Shame too as I wanted to use it for the SRB2 TGF remake.

I remember one time, with srb1, I wanted to play it before I unlocked it. So I changed all the map names to something different then they originally were (such as making mapa1 into map01), and played it without unlocking.

So if you make your maps replace the srb1 maps, yes, you must unlock to play.

I remember one time, with srb1, I wanted to play it before I unlocked it. So I changed all the map names to something different then they originally were (such as making mapa1 into map01), and played it without unlocking.

So if you make your maps replace the srb1 maps, yes, you must unlock to play.
You can make any map an SRB1 mode map with the TypeOfLevel Header command.

...Or, people could download a gamedata.dat with everything unlocked. (*cough* 4Shared. *cough*) :x

It would be much easier if the SRB1 TOL wasn't what the game tested along with the grade in order to lock out levels...

to bad the game dat will only work for SRB2 itslef, not any mod that has a custom save file.

well if it's a WAD wouldn't it work? I mean sometimes for WAD's they don't show up in the player select but when you host a game you can play as it... would it do something like that maybe??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back