Portal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care. The PS3 version seems very interesting to me and I'd rather play that version then buy the Steam version for more than half the price and expect a Portal sequel. With the console version, I get both versions AND for less than half the price. But that's only in Australia, so yeah.

So, anyone who owns any of the following games:

http://www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/

I urge you to play them, by the looks of it, if you play those games, they count towards the CPU count, and therefore earlier release of Portal 2.

Playing Killing Floor tonight if anyone wants to join too, I'll spawn a dedicated KF server on SRB2.org if we have enough people to play a decent game, Source games barely use up anything anyways.

Well then, it's out. Sat down overnight and completed it in a sitting, and I can say that I am absolutely satisfied with what was one of the best games I've ever played. Can't wait to give the cooperative mode a whirl as well, as if it's anywhere near as good as the single player I'm in for another real treat.

My copy was, as of around midnight last night, in Newark, DE. Apparently it's already out for delivery this morning (wow, that was fast - I mean, not like DE is far from MD, but still)...

Also bought my little brother a copy last night through Steam, so I guess he'll be playing through it all day today. (Spring break for him, lucky bloke - while I have work to do all day :\)

Hah, I have spring break as well, but my birthday lies on Easter, which means I'll have to wait until I'll (hopefully) get it. :<

... So THAT'S what the potatoes mean...
No but seriously, awsome game, although I'm pretty suckish at singleplayer, I randomly come up with ideas seldomly that work. I'd rather multiplayer...

Maybe this is just me getting Portal 1 for about $15, but- Jesus Christ crackers!- this game looks expensive at $49.99! I assume that this game has much more content in it than its predecessor, what with the multiplayer campaign and all, right?

Even the single player is dramatically larger. Just the process of beating the game without doing anything extra took me a little under 7 hours, although I definitely wasn't rushing.

Pre ordered Portal 2. Should be here by the 21st(Amazon says shipping soon).

I love what people have said about the game, I can't wait to see some of the puzzles.

The thing is, I didn't expect such a large amount of negative reviews from users. Critics love it though, and those are the only people I'm going to listen to. Like I said before, I'm getting it anyway.

This is definitely one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, game that I have ever played. The characters are well-developed, the art style is amazing, and the puzzles, while difficult, are very fun and take some logical thinking.

There were times, admittedly, where I wasn't enjoying myself. A specific puzzle in the middle of the game, for instance, left me incredibly irritated. Not because it was tough to figure out what to do, that was the easy part. The annoying part was actually completing it, and I probably spent a half-hour to an hour on this puzzle alone as a result. However, this part is quickly overshadowed by what the rest of the game has to offer, and I went right back to enjoying myself after it was done.

The boss fight at the end, though fun, was almost complete identical to the original game. And how you finally defeat the boss is a bit illogical, though I suppose when it's placed in a game based on destroying the laws of physics, that can be justifiable. Nevertheless, it's a spectacular ending, and what comes after it neatly wraps up the game. Unfortunately, there isn't a sequel hook (at least not an obvious one), so it may end up that this is the last that we will ever see of Chell and GLaDOS. If this is the case, then that would be fine by me. The game ending is fulfilling, and pleasantly wraps up everything. The ending song is catchy as hell also; dare I say, better than Still Alive?

All in all, a fantastic game. If you've enjoyed the first Portal, you'll really love this one. If you haven't, you'll probably enjoy it all the same (though some plot details may be lost on you if you haven't done any research). I definitely recommend it.

Sat down at 9:58AM ish yesterday, after it decrypted.

Completed Single Player and Co-op by 1AM this morning, highly satisfied, and yes I did take my time. Can't wait for the DLC.

Just completed the single player campaign, and I must say it was pretty amazing. One thing puzzled me though, I didn't see Pneumatic Diversity Vents or Weighted Storage Balls. Do they only appear in co-op or did I miss something out?

Just completed the single player campaign, and I must say it was pretty amazing. One thing puzzled me though, I didn't see Pneumatic Diversity Vents or Weighted Storage Balls. Do they only appear in co-op or did I miss something out?

The vents weren't in there, but I'm hoping for them to appear in some DLC. The balls appear more in Co-op, you do see them sometimes in SP, but it's mainly Co-op they're used in.

I thought the elevators you go in were a hint that they canned the vents.

Anyway, best game I've ever played pretty much. It combines the things I love about Portal 1 with some of the things I love about other games, and then takes away everything I hate about Portal 1 also.

I bought the PS3 edition, it's quite fun.
I'm on chapter 4 in Single Player, and I'm on course 4 in Coop. I had a blast playing COOP for hours.

Like several people pointed out, the replayability is quite low, the graphics are not impressive, and the story is pretty boring. There is also the problem that people who haven't bought the first game have no idea what the deal is with the main computer person.

At least I got two games in one - One for PS3 with a free code to download it on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back