Portal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portal two looks AWESOME but, I still don't understand what's blowing your player away when you shoot a portal on some of the walls.

Sick of cake jokes? Portal 2 will have no cake.

Erik Wolpaw has said that there will be no cake jokes in Portal 2 since he's sick of the meme. This makes the current topic title, "Still want more cake? Portal 2 announced!" funny since Portal 2 will have no cake.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...Not_Want_To_Resurrect_A_ThreeYearOld_Meme.php

Edit: Also, I think the topic title should be changed to the title of this post, "Sick of cake jokes? Portal 2 will have no cake." or something along those lines.

Last edited:
I think the topic title should be changed to the title of this post, "Sick of cake jokes? Portal 2 will have no cake." or something along those lines.

I agree on that, Considering there is no cake in the game, it makes the title redundant now.

Last edited:
If this is a well-crafted lie to hide the fact that there will be a cake meme, I'll be disappoint. Also, Portal 1 didn't really have cake either.

I took a look at some of the trailer footage. I really liked some of those gimmicks and other new props. The way they demonstrated them in action really made the game look challenging, with some clever solutions and bouts of skillful moves. Also, I'm not sure if it's just a bunch of pre-rendered footage, but I noticed a lot of environment soft shadows in places. Perhaps upgrading their Source Engine yet again?

I took a look at some of the trailer footage. I really liked some of those gimmicks and other new props. The way they demonstrated them in action really made the game look challenging, with some clever solutions and bouts of skillful moves. Also, I'm not sure if it's just a bunch of pre-rendered footage, but I noticed a lot of environment soft shadows in places. Perhaps upgrading their Source Engine yet again?

They probably did update it, but it's most likely like Team Fortress 2:A lot of pre rendering that makes it look different then the final product.

I wonder if they'll increase the length of the game compared to the first Portal...

Anyway, the game looks fantastic. The game seems to have a LOT more momentum than in Portal 1. (Look at how Chell is flying and soaring all over the place!)

I think they are making it longer; considering this game is a standalone game rather than it's predecessor, it could be longer. But I'm not for sure, it just sounds like it would be longer ( not to mention, if it is being sold for 40$ - 60$, it must be particularly longer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back