Wii Remote Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEV3

There and back again~
This Christmas I really enjoyed playing with my family on the Wii until today when the additional one stopped working. It wouldn't register when I tried to activate co-star on SMG (but I may be doing that wrong), and on Sonic and Mario the cursor shows upside down... In the actual event, like SMG it doesn't work. It also behaves similarly when connected on Wii Sports... however I have not tried connecting it straight to the system because I'm not sure how. -_-

I can use the packaged one, but its not going to be long before I finish SMG (its currently the only SP game I have) and when I'm done its biggest thing is going to be multiplayer and if its something I'm doing wrong with the system, I'd like to know before we try to send the remote back.

Your sensor bar is acting up. Go into your system settings, click on Sensor Bar, and aim it at the sensor bar to see if it picks up two blinking lights. Make adjustments as necessary. Also, are you sure you attached the sensor bar to your TV correctly?

FoxBlitzz said:
Your sensor bar is acting up. Go into your system settings, click on Sensor Bar, and aim it at the sensor bar to see if it picks up two blinking lights. Make adjustments as necessary. Also, are you sure you attached the sensor bar to your TV correctly?

You connect the sensor bar to your Wii.

I only see position and sensitivity. I don't know how to get the Wii Remote to specifically pick it up. What do you mean when you say two flashing lights, are they supposed to light up on the sensor bar?

You're supposed to point the Wii Remote at the Sensor Bar and look in the window for two blinking dots. Use the Plus and Minus buttons to adjust the sensitivity until you see two (and only two) lights.

I've the same two problems.
The upside down thing is just something weird it does. When it happens move it signifigantly upwards or downwards, it should fix itself.

As for the failure to register, I haven't found a definite fix, but it works to open up the home menu, hit reconnect, and reconnect all the Wiimotes.

The Wii Remote isn't registering? Oh, then just sync it using the sync buttons, Wii Remote first then Wii second. It should work then...

I've tried syncing it, I've fixed up the sensitivity, I've double checked the batteries/battery pack... It still works fine on the menus, upside down on Mario & Sonic, and is ignored during gameplay.

EDIT: My dad went to Circuit City, and they suggested complications with the gyroscope or whatever. Then I found a place on the Nintendo website to send it in for repairs, which will make it two or three weeks before I am able to use multiplayer again... -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back