What's the best gameboy game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon warrior 2...

Memories.

That game is truly epic. Like, 600 diffrent breeds of monster. I'll say no more.

My favourites.

Gameboy & gameboy colour

The Legend of Zelda: Link's awakening, the best adventure game that I have one there and still play it.

Super Mario land 1 & 2: excellent titles, although the first one is better despite being a shortish game.

Pokemon Gold: This was very good, probally one of the only pokemon games that lasted quite along time in the story as well as Pokemon Diamond & Pearl. 16 gym badges, with quite a bit of stuff to accomplish on.

Super Mario Bros DX: a real classic winner, keeps me entertained for hours.

GBA

Pokemon Emerald: The best pokemon sequel I've seen yet and on the GBA. Hopefully Pokemon D/P might do something like this some day.

Sonic advance 1/2/3: these were great, but SA3 was quite easy to complete. Only got tougher in Chaos angel zone.

Super Mario Advance 2/3/4: these were great titles. But Sadly I didn't like the 1st title. Irritating voices, and vice versa. The 2nd title and from then were superb, although Advance 3 was quite tough, advance 4 was definetely the best out of the 4.

HYPERKNUX said:
Super Mario land 1

I honestly didn't like that game as much as everyone else did. When I first got my Game Boy, I assumed that Super Mario Land would be exactly like Super Mario Bros. on the NES, but instead I got a game that was far too different. Turtles didn't act at all like they did in SMB, as they exploded rather than letting you kick them around. Fireballs were incredibly bad as they would bounce off into the sky rather than staying along the ground. Bowser was replaced with some dumb alien guy, and Peach was replaced with another damsel. The theming consisted of Egyptian/Eastern Island settings, something that does not fit in at all with the Mario universe. What were they thinking? The music wasn't even all that great, either - the underground bonus music reminded me of Humpty Dumpty.

Oh yeah, it only had twelve levels, as opposed to 32 in Super Mario Bros. Really, it wasn't up to par with my expectations.

Super Mario Land 2, on the other hand, was quite a fine game.

If if you don't already have then on other platforms, I recommend Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, Yoshi's Island, etc. Also, Sonic Advance ftw, more classic Sonic style gameplay. I hear the F-Zeros for GBA are also good; I've never played them, but they're like the SNES F-Zero, which I quite enjoyed.

Re: hi

I think he means KH chain of memories for gameboy.[/quote]

Yeah your right I forgot KH chain of memories because my classmate told me to borrow it to him but he never return :(( anyway, its so hard

FoxBlitzz said:
HYPERKNUX said:
Super Mario land 1

I honestly didn't like that game as much as everyone else did. When I first got my Game Boy, I assumed that Super Mario Land would be exactly like Super Mario Bros. on the NES, but instead I got a game that was far too different. Turtles didn't act at all like they did in SMB, as they exploded rather than letting you kick them around. Fireballs were incredibly bad as they would bounce off into the sky rather than staying along the ground. Bowser was replaced with some dumb alien guy, and Peach was replaced with another damsel. The theming consisted of Egyptian/Eastern Island settings, something that does not fit in at all with the Mario universe. What were they thinking? The music wasn't even all that great, either - the underground bonus music reminded me of Humpty Dumpty.

Oh yeah, it only had twelve levels, as opposed to 32 in Super Mario Bros. Really, it wasn't up to par with my expectations.

Super Mario Land 2, on the other hand, was quite a fine game.

Yeah I do agree with you with some of the stuff that was critisisive about the 1st title. Exploding shells that didn't slide, they also had this is Mario Land 2 as well. The fireballs were more like bouncing balls. I quite liked the egyptian ones, I thought world 2's theme was probally the most crap one out of the lot. Yes the shortage of leveles sucked unlike Super Mario Bros. The damsel was princess daisy, but looked like a zoomed out dool on MSPaint. The tatanga boss looked retarded, then again, how retarded would bowser looked like on Super Mario land 1?. But I liked the gameplay more than the 2nd title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back