What's the best gameboy game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pokemon (Bored of it) Sonic Battle (Same) Metriod fusion (Gay) Minish cap (Stuck really bad) Sonic Advance 3 (Beat with no replay value) and some random games my parents bought me.

I want more than 4 hours of fun. I could play my gameboy for 2 hours at a time, just because of the nature of the system.

Then I'd suggest you get Crash Purple for it. I haven't completed it and it's taken me over 9 hours to get near to the final boss. Altough it will frusterate you sometimes.

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

GOGOGOGO (Seriously, lots of hours spent playing it, not to mention a built in music editor =O)

Tetris is already on your cell phone, why buy it for another system? That's like having 2 copies of Lego Star Wars(which I have) on different consoles.

Spazzo said:
How can you not go with Tetris?

I recommend Tetris DS for the DS... just because it has tons of other modes (besides classic), and it has a retro theme. I got over line 999, once. I took a picture, actually (LOL BRAG TIME: I WAS ON LEVEL 127(with the 0 missing, because of the 3 digit limit) SO THAT WOULD BE LINE 1260-ISH).

Other than that, the original Tetris on the GB is slightly boring.

Segmint said:
I recommend Tetris DS for the DS... just because it has tons of other modes (besides classic), and it has a retro theme. I got over line 999, once. I took a picture, actually (LOL BRAG TIME: I WAS ON LEVEL 127(with the 0 missing, because of the 3 digit limit) SO THAT WOULD BE LINE 1260-ISH).
I do NOT recommend Tetris DS, for the exact reason Segmint just said. You're not supposed to be able to rotate the blocks on the ground. Where's the damn challenge in that?

Anyhow, the GBA has an insanely large amount of completely awesome games. I'll just make a list of some of the best:

Golden Sun 1/2, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Astro Boy Omega Factor, Fire Emblem, and most of the SNES ports, if you haven't played the originals (Zelda: LttP, FFIV-VI, Mario Advance 1-4, etc.)

If you want replay value, probably Fire Emblem is your best bet, as that game is insanely long, has tons of side quests, and is quite difficult to boot.

Golden Sun 1 and 2 are fun. And get Klonoa 1 and 2 as well. Klonoa 1 is somewhat easy to get through (except the EX levels) and Klonoa 2 Has more puzzles in it to solve so it makes the game longer. Still, I wish they didn't make the boss battles into races.......

TRAX

Trax. It's an oldie, and it might look crappy, but it has a good and funny end. And also, it's one of the games that first had wired connection. I found this in my old blue house back home... It brought back memories. By and by, it's a good game. 20 levels for multi, and 4 stages of pure hell in single play (Took me a little.).

The two Legend Of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages games on the Game Boy Colour. God, I <3 these games. Still need to get them back from my cousin now I found my SP.

Also, I really enjoyed Super Mario Land, and SML: Six Golden Coins on the original gameboy.

Oh, and don't forget Mario Kart Super Circuit, oh and Sonic Advance 1/2/3 (I <3 them all), Sonic Battle, Mario Advance 1 and 2 (never really played 3, never played 4)...

Could go on and on.

Are we talking about good ol' first generation Game Boy/Game Boy Color games? :>

If so I have two of them:

Dragon Quest Monsters / Dragon Warrior Monsters
1 not 2 (I dunno about 2... might be awesome, might even suck, but I don't own it xD)
INFO
You might call this a pokemon clone which it is not exactly... The idea to catch monster and let them fight for you is the same but that is all about it. The game has
- its own storyline (simple but entertaining),
- monsters and other characters with funny personalities,
- up to 3 monsters fighting on each side during battle mode,
- the possibillity to breed monsters and combine different species to create a new one (there are even secret combinations that give birth to the special boss monsters)
- many, many abilities that the children can inherit from their parents
- high replay value and it takes long time to beat

Links Awakening
INFO
Ouf what should I say? Epic Zelda game! Fun to play still after years again, again and again... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back