Suggestions

What he's suggesting is already possible but only for certain VGM emulated formats, neither OGG nor tracker music gets this function currently.

Original post
Hello folks,

I was wondering myself about some retroarch inclusion, but I don't found any mention of it with ghe search fonction of the forum ?

Here is any plan to add sbr2 & sbr2kart onto it ? (with opengl support this should run smoothly).

2nd Post 13/11/19 19h57 (no spam :) )
This could be great to have a "Wrong direction" hud info who indicate to make Uturn (escpiecially for kids and averages/new players) when losing the direction.

Also a check box to hide the mouse cursor Ive don't find any command to hide it.

And for gamepad playing a variable analog support for turning

Remove the limitation of maximum addon loaded

Last edited:
That's odd, once the window has control you're not supposed to be able to see the mouse cursor at all. It's consistently staying visible for you?

That's odd, once the window has control you're not supposed to be able to see the mouse cursor at all. It's consistently staying visible for you?
Yep, Thats constant, I put the cursor in corner when I launch it, not really fancy but efficient.

since this is still open, Suggestion, Copy slope linedef actions for back side slopes. and an Ice/sludge combo with the conveyor belt for that added upwards friction / downwards slipperiness on ice slopes.

On the title screen (my thoughts being based on 2.2.0), I'd like to suggest raising Tails' right* ring finger slightly, lowering his right* pinky finger slightly, or a combination of the two, so that the ring finger is more "between the middle and pinky fingers" than "in front of the pinky finger". The latter looks weird to me.

* Tails' right is our left; The hand that's farthest away from Sonic; The hand that is not clenched.

More suggestions based on half of a single playthrough of 2.2.0:
- An option to prevent players from facing the same way as the camera when standing still (allowing the camera to "orbit" them fully, e.g. to view them from the front).
- The ability to orient a spindash with the movement controls. (It should still default to the camera angle if no movement controls are being input, of course, but it feels very wrong to me to be unable to spindash left by pressing left while charging it.)
- The ability to hide the mouse cursor. (I have turned mouse input off in the game (which I don't know whether or not affects this), as I play with a gamepad, but the mouse really shouldn't be visible in any case for a game like this.)
- The "-width" and "-height" launch parameters should also apply to the "splash"/loading screen at the start; As it currently is, I launch the game (in OpenGL mode) through Steam to get the Steam Overlay to function, but the overlay kicks in during the 320x240 period, and therefore resizes the chat window and such in the overlay to be 320 pixels wide instead of my preferred 1920 pixels, despite me using "-width 1920 -height 1080" in the launch options.

Being able to choose keyboard or gamepad tutorial.

Spinning the ending sign of the act shouldn't ever show secret characters if they aren't unlocked. After getting Fang, I tried some Record Attack and I saw both Amy and Metal Sonic while the sign was spinning, so I spoiled myself the surprise. I was suspicious that Amy could be playable after playing the tutorial and I though Metal Sonic could be playable after unlocking Fang, but that should be fixed!

Ok, I saw 23 pages and only 2 mentions of amy, but now that the game is released, I was wondering if it's possible to make her do her hammer flip by pressing spin>jump as soon as her hammer hits the ground, like in sonic advance? Like, maybe it would give her a high jump/spin jump (kinda). Unless I was having a fever dream playing as her in sonic advance, lol.

Last edited:
Now that the option exists to play music (like the extra life sound) without restarting the main BGM, you should bring back the idea of having the outer space sections of ERZ play Tunes 20 with no sound effects. It's both a unique experience and it helps new players immediately understand that they're "drowning".

----

Also, reposting in the correct place:

I think you should even further discourage playing as Sonic-only. The character select screen should be ordered like this:

1. Sonic & Tails
2. Tails
3. Knuckles
4. Sonic

Additionally, you might want to add a lesson on Tails's flight in Sonic & Tails mode in the tutorial.

It's so demoralizing to see people give up on the game after falling into the bottomless pit at the end of ACZ1 ten times in a row. They're missing out on so much amazing fun! I love these new levels.

Last edited:
I've never tried the match gamemode before so I started an empty server. Would it be possible to have two separate control configs for the FPS modes and the normal platforming ones? Right now if I wanted to play Match or CTF I'd have to change my control scheme completely (since I have jump and spin as my mouse buttons, whereas in those modes I'd want to use a more standard FPS scheme with spacebar as jump and LMB as fire), it seems, unless I overlooked something.

There should be an option to allow every character to be able to go super in co-op. While I can understand restricting it in single player, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to enable it in the more casual cooperative mode.

The camera-forward nature of this game is more obvious to beginners when directionchar is off. But after finally trying it out in 2.2, my movement feels much smoother with directionchar on.

What if directionchar doesn't take effect until you're close to your runspeed? This way when the player is shuffling in place e.g. to position themself for a jump, the character remains facing forward.

Suggestion: A (disabled-by-default) option that swaps the strafing and turning controls when gliding as Knuckles.

With a gamepad set up with the left stick for movement, right stick for turning, and face buttons for jumping, the above option would make it possible to comfortably turn with the left stick (instead of the right one) while gliding, and also still allow strafing with the right stick if necessary.

Without the above option, one should either use a bumper/trigger to jump/glide with a different finger than the right stick/turning finger, which is comfortable but very unlike most other platformers (and therefore a bit more time-consuming to teach a buddy for split-screen or such), or move the right stick to turn while simultaneously holding a face button down to glide, which is just uncomfortable.

As much as I love the creative and elaborate designs of the various zones and how open they are to explore, it is very easy to end up turned around or lost in these zones.

Now, in multiplayer mode, pressing TAB shows the scoreboards and rankings, thus useless in singleplayer mode.
Instead what if in singleplayer mode pressing TAB toggles a compass on the top or bottom of the screen hud that simply points towards the goal? This compass doesn't have to serve as a mini-map or have markers for item boxes or badniks... just simply a triangular arrow that points towards the goal. It doesn't have to be a 3D spherical compass that points directly at the goal no matter how high or low you are, just a simple flat compass (preferably oval shaped to emphasize horizontal perspective) with 12 o'clock directions for the arrow to point towards.

I guess if you want to be fancy with the arrow it can perhaps change colour depending on how close you are to the goal (blue→green→yellow→orange→red), but I think best to just be a single colour like yellow or orange. After all, star posts will indicate how close you are to the goal anyway.

Why TAB? Because SRB2 is made with the DOOM engine and TAB was the default map button in DOOM. I think including a whole map of the zone in TAB would be a bit too much given SRB2 levels are more elaborate than DOOM levels... but I think a very simple compass that points towards the goal would be enough.

For Multiplayer mode, the compass can perhaps remain visable by default and depending on gamemode can be colour coded. Like for Capture the Flag have a red and blue pointer for each flag.

Last edited:
With the overall increase in high-quality presentation throughout SRB2 in 2,2, isn't it time to retire the 'Pure Fat' intro splash that plays before the real intro?

Absolutely not. Maybe redraw the assets in HD, though =P

(This doesn't mean we're actually doing this. It'd be fun, though :()

Spoilered since it concerns a secret character.

I propose a few changes to Amy.

-she should be able to use her hammer spin attack after hitting a spring. This would give her a distinct niche as the only character who defend themselves after hitting a spring

-she should be able to use her hammer while running to make a large leap. One of the best things about SRB2 is the fact that you can get ridiculous airtime compared to other platformers, and this is a thing she could already do in the Advance series! I don't know how it would exactly, but being able to make huge leaps as Amy would be a lot of fun.

-It would be cool if her hammer flip in mid-air gave her a slight forward boost and a tiny bit of air, like a tiny upwards thok. Not enough to be useful as a true double-jump, but a way of extending her already impressive jumps even farther.

I understand that she's supposed to be a slightly more awkward/challenging character compared to the others, but she should have a distinct usage niche and positives as well. I don't want her to just be Sonic But Worse, which is...what she is right now, frankly. Still fun, but she could be better IMO. The changes I propose would turn her into an aerial mobility god without being flat-out intentionally broken like Metal can be.

Also, as a completely unrelated minor thing...it would be really nice to be able to two different configs depending on gametype. I for one would probably like autobrake on for fps modes, but I'd rather keep it off for platforming modes. I mean, yeah, I could just change it in the options manually, but having the ability to just set it to turn autobrake on when I enter an fps mode and off when I enter a platformer mode would be really nice.

Last edited:
Could you please get rid of Knuckles' crouching and losing all his speed when he lands after gliding?

It doesn't really add anything, just makes Knuckles annoying to play as by interrupting you for no reason. I know it's a thing from the classics, but it was an unnecessary hindrance in those games too.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back