• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Mechanical Invasion Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Formerly Icefox
**MOD CANCELLED**
pD1jJP0.png

Damn, just looking at this feels nostalgic...
Anyways this mod is cancelled but look at these screenshots actually

Gametypes that were proposed
- Tower Defense / Core Defense
- Section Advancement
- Spawner Destruction
- Score Waves

- Boss Rush

SP9gUxQ.png

grGKZT7.png

BDvKlpt.png

FvF6CKO.png

nashsZc.png

G1y4B1W.png

This is one of the HUD concepts.

If this looks very familiar to you, look other mods where the crew got inspired.

Stronghold: On the Edge of Chaos
Team Fortress 2: Mann vs Machine
Complex Doom Invasion
Several Tower Defense Games **MOD CANCELLED**

Last edited:
Wow.

This mode just seems to fit here in SRB2, and would be a great alternative to the constant CTF matches. Besides, I've always enjoyed TF2's Mann Vs. Machine for the chaotic co-op gameplay, and the hub area is a very unique idea to me. This also looks very cool, with a nice polished HUD and interesting level design.

I can't wait to see this in action once it's ready!

Well, last thing I would have expected for Srb2. Interesting and neat concept, I like it. Can't wait. Good luck!

As soon as I saw the second-to-last screenshot I thought "Hey, this looks like Stronghold" before I actually read much of the topic. :U

I'm not really sure what to think about this though. This is a great idea in other games, but I'm thinking that this would be hard to pull off well here. First of all, those games are first-person shooters, while this is a third-person platformer. I'm not sure just jumping and spinning will make up for in depth compared to the usual array of weapons in FPS. Secondly, Sonic enemies are not what I think when I think of challenging enemies. I wouldn't like to play 7 waves of a bunch of Crawla reskins. Lastly, I'm worried that ring loss mechanics are going to hinder the gameplay. Rings make SRB2 somewhat easy, so I'm concerned that the difficulty will either be overly easy or taking cheap shots at the players every opportunity you can. Neither of which are very fun.

I don't mean to discourage you by saying this, though! I just wanted to point this out to ensure that you know these things going in, and so that you can make sure it doesn't have these problems. c:

As soon as I saw the second-to-last screenshot I thought "Hey, this looks like Stronghold" before I actually read much of the topic. :U

I'm not really sure what to think about this though. This is a great idea in other games, but I'm thinking that this would be hard to pull off well here. First of all, those games are first-person shooters, while this is a third-person platformer. I'm not sure just jumping and spinning will make up for in depth compared to the usual array of weapons in FPS. Secondly, Sonic enemies are not what I think when I think of challenging enemies. I wouldn't like to play 7 waves of a bunch of Crawla reskins. Lastly, I'm worried that ring loss mechanics are going to hinder the gameplay. Rings make SRB2 somewhat easy, so I'm concerned that the difficulty will either be overly easy or taking cheap shots at the players every opportunity you can. Neither of which are very fun.

I don't mean to discourage you by saying this, though! I just wanted to point this out to ensure that you know these things going in, and so that you can make sure it doesn't have these problems. c:

The number of rings are only 10, you can use shields. Most of the badniks are easy in this project. That's why the crew needs more badniks, to make even more harder. But don't worry, we have item spawners, which means a 10 rings box could happen rarely. I think, if there are more rings, a lot easier will be and that's why they are reduced.

I did a concept for this thing.

N0AjeLH.png

I don't think it will be supported for Srb2 pallete.

yF76WPo.png

I think it works okay, but you're probably gonna have to drop a ton from the main logo to get that in-game.

I'm excited by SRB2 getting so many options for custom multiplayer gametypes that aren't ringslinger! Good luck in getting this out there, but I do think you should consider enemies that are more complicated than just waves of Crawlas or Jetty-Syns.

We added Spawners Eradication mod for demo. Uhhhhh is so cold here. Map by Ors.

mhcEr6T.png

LyKgIIW.png

Very unfinished anyway. :c

I love a good ice map. Keep it up.

Like a flood of pain; pouring down on me

That's... not really a great screenshot. Had to look pretty close to actually identify anything. I get that this is meant to be a nighttime map but you need to make clear where enemies come from and what their path is gonna be... and i see nothing indicating that here.

Still though, it looks interesting to play on. Keep up your work, all of you -- maybe we can finally see a mod get released.

That's... not really a great screenshot. Had to look pretty close to actually identify anything. I get that this is meant to be a nighttime map but you need to make clear where enemies come from and what their path is gonna be... and i see nothing indicating that here.

Still though, it looks interesting to play on. Keep up your work, all of you -- maybe we can finally see a mod get released.

Not in 2.1. Probably 2.2 because slopes. About this GIF, I only showed a part. The whole map is big, so I can't show every detail on the map. The Spawners script is on making.

And it will not let up; until the end is here

Not in 2.1. Probably 2.2 because slopes. About this GIF, I only showed a part. The whole map is big, so I can't show every detail on the map. The Spawners script is on making.
There are certain builds that already have slopes; plus you can create slopes in Zone Builder with some linedef actions starting at 700.

There are certain builds that already have slopes; plus you can create slopes in Zone Builder with some linedef actions starting at 700.

Yeah but, Im not satisfied because, people must use a special exe for slopes which, I don't know if everyone has it.

Last edited:
In my final hour; and it will never rest

Yeah but, Im not satisfied because, peoples must use a special exe for slopes which, I don't know if everyone has it.
Well, the point more is that you could use this to get a lot of testing and experimentation done before 2.2 releases rather than waiting till after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back