Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries Free Rerelease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cue posted the torrent in his post... I'll also post it in the first post of the topic to keep things obvious.

SRB2.0 and the sigsev....
You'd be surprised how unbelievably difficult it is to catch memory related errors, which is why the initial 2.0/2.0.1 releases crashed so often. </offtopic>

Thanks a bunch, Cue, now I can actually play the game without some stupid extra middle-man program.

Did you know your little torrent is going to require the CD?

Are you sure? The release is totally different from the original CD that came with the game. It's not a patch (like the other MekTek releases were), it is the game itself plus a ton of added features.

EDIT: They're planning on coming out with an official release independent of MTX here. When that's out, I'll replace Cue's link with the official one.

Last edited:
Did you know your little torrent is going to require the CD?

No, it's not, because it's the MTX torrent, hence why it's the MTX file.

Also, JEV, looking at their server standings, I think it would be best to leave that torrent link, for the sake of their servers and because it's probably going to be faster. I maxed out my connection on that torrent, and yes, I had my upload capped at 5kbit because I'm a dirty dirty leecher.

.0017 -> .0020 patch:
http://www.filefront.com/16321561/MechPatch.rar/

Higher Resolutions (use at your peril):
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=426

Last edited:
Finally, got the torrent to work.

23 seeds, 5 peers...
About 12h...
Edit:WTF 1h left

Last edited:
The Mechwarrior series are part simulation and part FPS, with emphasis on the former. The meat of the game is customizing your battlemech before going into the game. Should you fail, then chances are you're not using the weapons at your disposal effectively. This is why Mercenaries' nonlinear campaign works so well.

I'm pretty sure the difficulty curve is more fair in the campaign than if you just jump online. The difference is that you don't have to buy the 'mech or weapons first in order to build them, and that the difficulty is dependent on the participation or bots.

I've been playing it since MW2 so I'm used to using the full keyboard to control the battlemech. Give it a shot anyway, just don't go in there expecting to play a Halo lookalike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back