SRB2 Ubuntu works... almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDM

New name: "Blivsey"
I finally got SRB2 all registered and stuff on the Ubuntu box downstairs. Everything works without a hitch except netplay. When I join a netgame (MS or otherwise) I get to play for FIVE GLORIOUS SECONDS before getting c-kicked. I know my internet connection itself is perfectly fine, because my XP computer rarely causes lag on servers. In fact, the five seconds of me being in the server are always perfectly smooth, with no lag or freeze whatsoever. Even better, if the server has files added, SRB2 straight-out closes. No error message, no "you need these files". It closes like I typed 'quit' in the console. I know adding files works absolutely fine on that comp when I add them. Anyone else with Ubuntu having problems?

I finally got SRB2 all registered and stuff on the Ubuntu box downstairs. Everything works without a hitch except netplay. When I join a netgame (MS or otherwise) I get to play for FIVE GLORIOUS SECONDS before getting c-kicked. I know my internet connection itself is perfectly fine, because my XP computer rarely causes lag on servers. In fact, the five seconds of me being in the server are always perfectly smooth, with no lag or freeze whatsoever. Even better, if the server has files added, SRB2 straight-out closes. No error message, no "you need these files". It closes like I typed 'quit' in the console. I know adding files works absolutely fine on that comp when I add them. Anyone else with Ubuntu having problems?
IDK what's wrong, I have SRB2 Ubuntu but the sound doesn't even work.

Please get the SRB2 compiled with debugging symbols intact, and try running in GDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back