• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Egg Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
About
This is a level pack I have been wanting to make for a terribly long time, but various real life events such as university haven’t left me with any free time to do so. But now that I’m in a much more stable position as far as free time goes it’s time for me to unveil something I’ve been making on and off starts at for quite a while now: The Egg Project.

Zones
Crystal Island Zone
Enjoy the tropical beaches and jungles of Crystal Island, as you find the first forces of Eggman’s latest invasion and scour the island for the mad scientist himself.

Icecrown Mountain Zone
Having been discovered on Crystal Island, Eggman escapes into the frozen peaks of the island to continue capturing more animals for his latest plot with Sonic and company hot on his tail.

Molten Tomb Zone
As the gang give chase and pursue Eggman deep into the sandy ruins of a lost civilization. They need to watch out for both deadly booby traps and an erupting volcano submerging the tombs in boiling lava.

Metropolis Sprint Zone
Emerging from the tombs, the heroes find themselves in a bustling city. With Eggman long gone they just need to escape the city and reach a gigantic factory built in the centre. Even with a certain metallic blue blur out to stop them…

Steam Engine Zone
Delving deep into the factory at the heart of the city, the heroes may have bitten off more than they can chew as they discover just what Eggman has been planning deep underneath the island.

Wutai Heights Zone
The heroes take the sky in the tornado and give chase across a series of floating islands in the clouds. Whether Eggman’s badniks hiding in the ruins of a lost civilization or the dangerous winds and long falls stop the heroes first is another matter entirely.

??? Zone
You’ve finally caught up to Eggman’s mystery from the ocean. Who knows what’s in here? Except for a few surprises, maybe.

Story
Several months after Eggman’s defeat on the Egg Rock, Sonic and company have been enjoying a well earned vacation in the rebuilt Greenflower City. Until one day they were given news by the locals of Eggmans robots have been dredging something huge up from the bottom of the ocean near the unpopulated Crystal Island.

The island known only for its rich history of lost cultures, an archaeologists paradise but certainly not what Eggman normally takes an interest in, Sonic and the group travel to the Crystal Island to investigate and that’s where our story begins.

A simple unobtrusive story is planned for this pack, similar to the story seen in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which will be revealed to you as you play through it. But you’ll have to find out what’s in store when it’s done.

When can I play this?
A one act demo is available here. But after that, the full pack will be released when it is done. With individual acts appearing in the 2.1 OLDC if 2.1 comes out before this is finished.

There's also this old one act version of Metropolis Sprint, but this level is going to be remade.

Stay tuned for the occasional screenshot update in this thread though as I continue development.

Last edited:
Looks interesting. I hope to see a beta soon. About Metropolis Sprint it is already an awesome map, you certainly have great ideas for the new version.

A lot of your levels sound interesting but it's really difficult to have any impressions or even be interested without at least some screenshots or proof of what you're doing. That's always something that's practically required in these types of threads anyway. I know you'll be posting them soon along with that demo, but for now there's really nothing to eat up.

That being said, best of luck. As I said your levels sound interesting so if this is completed it'd be nice to play a good mod again.

Last edited:
All these levels looks interesting. I wonder how you will make MSZ1, it was really a good zone, I had fun to play it.

I'm also wondering what kind of zone can ??? Zone be...

A lot of your levels sound interesting but it's really difficult to have any impressions or even be interested without at least some screenshots or proof of what you're doing.
That's true, and I did jump the gun somewhat in making this thread.

Oh well, have a WIP screenshot of Crystal Island Act 2 in the meantime.

2508w2x374tip67fg.jpg

Also first post updated to reflect the Crystal Island Act 1 demo being in releases.

Last edited:
Wow, this zone sounds cool!
I hope this zone will be as good as Metropolis Sprint.

The zone is a bit too "square shaped", But the decoration looks good. I am going to test the first act now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back