Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who's done some game design myself, I really understand both sides of the shiny thing. Shiny lock is there to protect players from themselves. I don't think anyone here thinks that resetting their game thousands of times to get a shiny legendary is a fun gameplay experience. Players will optimize for what they think is important, not "fun", so it's the game designer's job to try to get players to play the game in an enjoyable manner.

That's pretty much what I meant, yeah. Another thing I can understand is that at some point they said they wanted legendaries to feel like, well, legendaries, one-of-a-kind Pokémon that simply don't change, in that way it makes sense that shiny locks are a thing. But even then, distributing Shinies of these """"exclusive"""" rare creatures just breaks their own statement.

(Also again about the concept of 'fun', it's completely subjective, most players will give up at getting a shiny after like 20 attempts because they realize it just sucks and yeah, resetting the game thousands of times to see something with a different color isn't exactly enjoyable in itself. Most people that end up finding them just do it alongside other activities when there really is nothing else to do, like, just going on youtube for an afternoon.)

Oh man am I H Y P E D

Always saw Necrozma kinda lacking something, I just couldn't get my finger on it.
Pretty sure my last guess would have been light, but JEEZ now he's a bright boi.
It's apparently stronger than Mega Rayquaza. That's gonna be an issue.

...Was I the only one that saw Necrozma way back in S/M and told myself "Yep, this is totally gonna be another Kyurem that'll get the sequel all for itself"?

Because holy shizzlenuggets I'd say I hit the Jackpot if it wasn't so predictable a mile away.

Necrozma aside, does anyone else think Gen 7 is shaping up to be a really short generation? We're soon to have the sequels merely a year after the originals, and they're the final 3DS Pokemon main series games.

So... should we expect to see Gen 8 starting as soon as 2018?

They'd said the next "core" RPG Pokémon games will be for the Switch and will take more than a year to expect a release date. I am expecting some sort of teaser for it in 2018, at least.

Thrilled for tomorrow

G40g18a.jpg

This is easily the best part of this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back